Coral Vue Hydros

Maxima, Crocea, Maxea GROUP BUY #2!

Rockfish

Heres my Vanuatu Crocea !!!! Just got him today!!

Its the Blue one!!

That looks sick! I hope mine looks just as nice.

well I just packed up the last 7 or 8 to go out today...... :( I'm gonna miss them......heres what they all looked like together....and if you guys aren't sick of this I got 36 coming tomorrow :)

Round 3 comin up!

Tell me you are kidding. NOOOOooooo!! I just gave up buying corals for Lent! Wait clams are not corals so I guess I can get a couple. Haha. Good thing I didn't tell my wife what I was giving up.

BTW, those clams look freakin' awesome together like that. I can't see one clam that does not look great. I guess my croceas are the two blurry ones in the middle picture? Is #12 the one on the top right on the last photo? Please say it is. That looks wicked!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is #12 the one on the top right on the last photo? Please say it is. That looks wicked!

yep those are #1-#12 12 would be the last one top right........ Its a quick pic with pumps on next time I will actually shutdown the pumps and get a better group shot, its kinda cool seeing them side by side.

You guys should see them in Bretts greenhouse, hundreds in each tank all packed together its wall to wall clams, one time I went there and bought like 130 of them it was a good day :)

in 12 hours I'll have 40+ new clams in my hands :P

yep those are #1-#12 12 would be the last one top right........ Its a quick pic with pumps on next time I will actually shutdown the pumps and get a better group shot, its kinda cool seeing them side by side.

You guys should see them in Bretts greenhouse, hundreds in each tank all packed together its wall to wall clams, one time I went there and bought like 130 of them it was a good day :)

in 12 hours I'll have 40+ new clams in my hands :P

Thanks. I'm so glad I got that one then. I almost passed it up. I'm surprised nobody picked it out before I did. Knowing from experience, I am hoping it even looks better in person.

So what kinds of clams are we looking forward to tomorrow? =)

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Here's a few pics of my new arrivals, they all seem to be doing great, I wish I had a better camera to capture how nice they really are, there much more vibrant in person, but this was the best I could do for now, thanks again for everything Chris and Rob.

IMG_4615S.jpg

IMG_4595S.jpg

IMG_4617S.jpg

Here's a few pics of my new arrivals, they all seem to be doing great, I wish I had a better camera to capture how nice they really are, there much more vibrant in person, but this was the best I could do for now, thanks again for everything Chris and Rob.

IMG_4615S.jpg

IMG_4595S.jpg

IMG_4617S.jpg

VERY nice dude!!

they look great!!

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt
yea yea....just cause you got the nicest one out of all of them doesn't mean ur allowed to brag!! :lol::P

I know right, shan your lucky, if it wasn't for my wife I would have had one of those vcrocea, probably yours :lol: , if you look back I was the first one to claim any clam lol, but it looks great in your tank, I'll get one, one day. ;)

I know right, shan your lucky, if it wasn't for my wife I would have had one of those vcrocea, probably yours :lol: , if you look back I was the first one to claim any clam lol, but it looks great in your tank, I'll get one, one day. ;)

LOL Whateverrrrrr LOL!!! :lol:

OK serious question for you rock! I HATE having any algae in my tank. I definately am trying to limit nutrients, skim, poly-filter, water changes. But I still have algae. Im beginning to think it might have been from TOO many snails that I added to try and fight the BAD algae a few months ago. And now maybe they are dying. So many tiny ones I cant find all of them. Anyway, have you had any experience with emerald crabs and clams??? I dont see any of my hermits bothering them, but didnt know about emeralds? Thanks!!!

Do a SeaHare....they work very fast and leave clams alone....

I got a Bluespot Seahare working on my tank now and will just donate him when he's done with the job :)

Do a SeaHare....they work very fast and leave clams alone....

I got a Bluespot Seahare working on my tank now and will just donate him when he's done with the job :)

what algaes is he eating? where did you find him?

LOL Whateverrrrrr LOL!!! :lol:

OK serious question for you rock! I HATE having any algae in my tank. I definately am trying to limit nutrients, skim, poly-filter, water changes. But I still have algae. Im beginning to think it might have been from TOO many snails that I added to try and fight the BAD algae a few months ago. And now maybe they are dying. So many tiny ones I cant find all of them. Anyway, have you had any experience with emerald crabs and clams??? I dont see any of my hermits bothering them, but didnt know about emeralds? Thanks!!!

I have 3 and have no issues

they munch on bubble algae pretty well and are very fun to watch!!

what are you phosphates???

I have 3 and have no issues

they munch on bubble algae pretty well and are very fun to watch!!

what are you phosphates???

Phosphates test 0

nitrates test 1ppm

and natural sunlight??

how often do you feed the tank?

the tank sits right beside my sliding glass door, the patio is covered so its bright light, but not direct sunlight, and where the light enters the tank really doesnt have alot of algae on it.

I was feeding more as I had 5 fish. I now only have two clowns and a firefish, so though I feed daily, its not much. mysis one day, and cyclopeeze the next, they have it all eaten in about 30 seconds, so not much.

You guys are lucky that Rockfish posted this thread alot earlier that I expected or I would have gotten yours, Jay-sun's, and shan's clams. Haha. My wife's out of the country so she's not her to stop me. I'll hear it when she gets back though. Haha. The ones I got are pretty nice and I'm totally happy with them (especially with the other V Crocea :P ). I am so glad all of you passed up on that last green Crocea. Thanks Chris for taking such an unflattering photo. Haha. It's got so much more color than I expected. It's like green, gold, silver and blue, depending on what angle you look at. I'm very happy with it and it is huge!

You guys are lucky that Rockfish posted this thread alot earlier that I expected or I would have gotten yours, Jay-sun's, and shan's clams. Haha. My wife's out of the country so she's not her to stop me. I'll hear it when she gets back though. Haha. The ones I got are pretty nice and I'm totally happy with them (especially with the other V Crocea :P ). I am so glad all of you passed up on that last green Crocea. Thanks Chris for taking such an unflattering photo. Haha. It's got so much more color than I expected. It's like green, gold, silver and blue, depending on what angle you look at. I'm very happy with it and it is huge!

Its great that we are all pleased!! OK now I want a BRIGHT NEON ORANGE CLAM!!!!

wait till you see what Chris just found for me!!! it's taken almost a year to find one but Chris is the man!!!

OHHH BTW more clams this weekend!! LOLOLOLOL

the tank sits right beside my sliding glass door, the patio is covered so its bright light, but not direct sunlight, and where the light enters the tank really doesnt have alot of algae on it.

I was feeding more as I had 5 fish. I now only have two clowns and a firefish, so though I feed daily, its not much. mysis one day, and cyclopeeze the next, they have it all eaten in about 30 seconds, so not much.

Check your Magnesium. I had a problem with algae a while back and my Mg level was low. Once I got it up to around 1500ppm, the algae died off.

wait till you see what Chris just found for me!!! it's taken almost a year to find one but Chris is the man!!!

Could it be a black & white maxima?? ;)

Chris' photo's do these clams absolutely no justice. They are so much better in person. I've told this to Chris as well. My photo taking skills are no better though. I've no clue what to do with a camera other than point and shoot. I've tried to learn some of the basic's but just no patience 4 it I guess. I ended up with 10 super nice clams from the buy. I also got 21 zoa and acan frags and they are just as nice as ReefKois clams. Nice size frags. Im more than happy with Rockfish and Chris throughout the whole deal.

Jason

Chris' photo's do these clams absolutely no justice. They are so much better in person. I've told this to Chris as well. My photo taking skills are no better though. I've no clue what to do with a camera other than point and shoot. I've tried to learn some of the basic's but just no patience 4 it I guess. I ended up with 10 super nice clams from the buy. I also got 21 zoa and acan frags and they are just as nice as ReefKois clams. Nice size frags. Im more than happy with Rockfish and Chris throughout the whole deal.

Jason

Thanks!! I'm sure Chris appreciates the compliment as well!!

Jason

That's better than all the other shops that makes their stuff look all pretty and when you get it, you end up disappointed. Keep taking crappy photos Chris. It makes it us feel so much better when we get the clams. Haha. J/K. Clams are just so hard in general to take photos of. Just looking at the clam at one angle makes it look like a totally different clam. But Chris does capture the overall look and coloration so you can tell that you got exactly the clam you picked out but only alot nicer in person.

Archived