Top Shelf Aquatics

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

Let him get used to the tank overnight and depending on how he's acting (if he's searching actively) you can feed him tomorrow.

Thanks B)

I hope he hasn't jumped by tomorrow. :(

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice eel!

I have always coveted those with eels. I have never had the cahones to try one....

Why does everyone keep saying that? :o

He really loves the magnetic frag rack.......

140-1.jpg

139-1.jpg

138-1.jpg

136-1.jpg

134-1.jpg

133.jpg

131.jpg

130.jpg

129-1.jpg

128-2.jpg

127-2.jpg

Washaun Ealey is his name

Georgia%20v%20Tennessee%207rNvSSileGGl.jpg

I'm going to start with frozen squid and shrimp. But I want to vary the diet as much as I can so any other suggestions would be great. I'll try and skewer some bigger pieces of Rod's for him too.

Man...

I had to put my gloved hand in the tank this morning to fix frag plugs that my stupid (soon to be gone) Mexican turbos knocked over, as they do every night.

And ever since then (almost 2 hours) Ealey won't come out of his cave.

Guess I scared the hell out of him. Before that he was never hiding. Ah well.

Water testing for the first time since I can't remember

omgomgomg

Temp - 80.2 degrees

PH - 8.1

Ammonia - 0

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 0

Alkalinity - 3.5 meq/l

Salinity - 1.026

Calcium - 500

PO4 - 0

So why aren't my chalices growing (encrusting?) at all.....

Just fed the tank... Everyone ate like a champ.

Started with Rod's food for the fishies and corals. That brought the Eel right out... He wouldn't catch any of the falling pieces though... He just swam back and forth from island to island popping his head out once he was in hiding.

So I skewered pieces of thawed (frozen) shrimp and he didn't waste any time. I had to put it right in his face but he hit it every time like a coiled snake.

I will have to take some video of it next time.

This feeding also brought the incredibly shy peppermint Shrimp out. I fed him a piece of squid too on the skewer. He ate it like a champ.

Tank is happy!!!

Also - I got my Tunze 9002 in the mail just now. Can't hook it up till I get new lights for the fuge which I'm hopefully about to do at Home Depot.

I've got Chaeto and Mangroves coming from John Maloney too. And I'm about to order an RO/DI. Spectrapure.

Yeah my credit card company loves me. Luckily I own a lot of their stock.

I really need to stop.... (But I still need MP10, RKL, and ATO)....

:angry:

JUST need a MP10. Then who needs ATO topping off manually builds character!

hahaha.

I just got my bigger magnetic frag rack in the mail and moved a bunch of plugs around. About half of my zoa frags were secretly harboring a bunch of bubble algae. I couldn't believe it. I pulled them all one at a time and took them off with a razor blade and rinsed in a cup of tank water.

I'll take pics once everything isn't pissed anymore.

So my Frogspawn started either growing or extending too much and was reaching towards my first Ric... The orange/pink one.... My favorite.

It started receding so I moved it. It's suctioned onto a rock that was sitting on another rock for a long time. I thought it was about to split.

Well it didn't like where I moved it and floated away. I moved it to the middle of the sand bed hoping that would be good. It looked fine but when I came back hours later it was across the tank in the rockwork. I was like WTF.

I moved it again and came back to check on it way later and I saw crab legs coming out of the bottom of it. One of my red legged hermits has taken the rock the Ric is on as it's shell. I couldn't believe it. I will try and take some pictures tomorrow.

Yeah I've only had the chalice a few weeks. They haven't grown at all as far as I can tell. They are on the bottom of the sand bed almost 24 inches from the T5's separated by the splash guard and a piece of glass. I've read they don't like a lot of light which surprises me so I'm not sure if I should just leave them be or what.

I just sliced the Ric off the rock, best I could with an exacto type razor knife. Cut it up good, it's pissed. I hope it heals.

haha, dang hermits... They do help the tank though.

The Moray is awesome. He doesn't come out as much as he did at the beginning. He's pretty cautious until feeding time. He eats like a freaking champ. He will eat a whole cube of squid by himself. It's pretty amazing.

No I haven't ordered an MP10. I have the RODI on the way, got my new frag rack, got stuff from Reefcleaners coming, and some underwater lights for Chaeto coming from inTank. I need to stop spending for a bit.

I'll get the MP10 in a few weeks ;)

Archived