SaltCritters.com

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

haha thanks, he is absolutely amazing. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

He does go absolutely shark frenzy mode when there is food in the water, other than that he is docile.

By food in the water, do you mean your fish? :rolleyes:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Purple hornets here yet?

Nope. Still haven't heard from them. We have a big shipment to ATL so I think that's holding us up. There's like 12 of us.

That eel is the bomb digity bomb!

Thanks! Yes he is.

Got my RODI. The Spectrapure for 150 bucks with the TDS Meter.

It took forever to fill up 10 gallons though. I literally got on the elliptical right next to where I was filling the buckets and 45 minutes later it had done about 3 gallons.

I can only get about 45 PSI from that sink. I'm wondering if that's the problem.

Also, it wastes a TON of water.... 2 or 3 hours of water constant running down the sink. I don't like that at all. I have no way to collect and disperse the waste water.

Can I hook this thing up to an outside hose? At least that way I could water the shrubs or something.

Haven't posted in a while. One of my meteor showers was melting kind of so I moved it out of the frag rack and then put it down on the sand and then it bleached. So I moved it back up and it's still sucking. One of my chalices is doing the same thing. I moved it in the shade. Everything else is doing pretty well.

Did a 5 gallon WC yesterday so hopefully things will get better.

• 4 weeks later...
Billdemart

Yeah it's been a while. The new excitement wore off on me I'm afraid like almost all of my hobbies.

The tank is ok for the most part.

Good

• Plate coral is still growing like crazy
  • GSP same
  • Zoas are doing great
  • Finger leather great
  • Chalices growing like crazy
  • Palys growing like crazy
  • Frogspawn good
  • War Coral growing
  • Pink Porite looks OK
  • Eel is great, fish are great

Bad

• All my rics completely melted and disappeared over a 2 week period. Have no idea why
  • HUGE outbreak of Diatom or Red Slime that I can't get rid of and it's starting to take over the bottom of my tank. I wonder if my RO/DI is working correctly. I can't get rid of it.
  • Only 1 out of 5 mangroves has opened it's leaves. The rest of them are covered in salt creep. Not sure what to do with them.

Mangroves should have their leaves sprayed off with FW daily.

They extrude minerals through their leaves, including salt, and need to be rinsed off.

Billdemart
Mangroves should have their leaves sprayed off with FW daily.

They extrude minerals through their leaves, including salt, and need to be rinsed off.

Shoot I'll start doing that, thanks.

Billdemart

haha, no way. I need to see if I can get this thing to a year or two before I can do that.

This cyano or red slime or whatever it is is killin me.

nanoreef-R

Cyano is annoying. I would say increase flow, change out the chemipure and other carbons.

I had cyano once and I added Microbacter7 and it went away completely in 3 days.

Arkayology
haha, no way. I need to see if I can get this thing to a year or two before I can do that.

This cyano or red slime or whatever it is is killin me.

What kind of skimmer are you running?

Bored? Sounds like you need to upgrade :P

+1 that'll get you exited again :D

or you could rescape, every time I do that i feel as if I have a new tank. but i'm getting close to a scape I like enough to keep.

Billdemart
Cyano is annoying. I would say increase flow, change out the chemipure and other carbons.

I had cyano once and I added Microbacter7 and it went away completely in 3 days.

Yeah I'll get some new chemi pure elite and purigen. I'll look into Microbacter7 as well

What kind of skimmer are you running?

Tunze 9002 I believe.

+1 that'll get you exited again :D

or you could rescape, every time I do that i feel as if I have a new tank. but i'm getting close to a scape I like enough to keep.

haha No way!

Billdemart

Shoot :(

I forgot I took them down. I'll take some more in a few weeks when I get this tank cleaned up.

Eel is still rocking. My Emerald crab now comes out with the eel during the day and the emerald will eat shrimp right out of the turkey baster.

Haven't seen my peppermint shrimp in forever though. All fish are great.

Billdemart

Ordered new CPE and Purigen. Also ordered Mitobacter7 or whatever it's called.

Cyano is absolutely dominating my sandbed right now. It's starting to take over a lot of corals.

I also ordered an MP10 but it's on backorder.

pismo_reefer

Protozoa's may have caused your ric's to dissolve....

did they start lifting their "foot" before they dissolved?

Protozoa's eat away at the footing of mushrooms and the like.

They live in the sandbed and can come in on ANYTHING.

worst part.... the lil bandages are microscopic.

:scarry:

Archived