Top Shelf Aquatics

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont like em tho. and they grow too slow!

They do take forever. Except the Hollywood Stunner. I just fragged mine, it grows like GSP.

New goodies from the LFS.

Pics suck. They aren't NEARLY this blue in real life. Colors don't pop with this POS camera.

051-7.jpg

049-5.jpg

This one is light turquoise and REAL orange. Doesn't show up on the pic

052-7.jpg

My plate coral ate a bristle worm today. Never seen that before. It was pretty badass....

025-10.jpg

024-9.jpg

026-11.jpg

027-8.jpg

044-11.jpg

028-10.jpg

030-9.jpg

029-8.jpg

018-13.jpg

020-9.jpg

You guys might have been right about the eel although I still have no idea how he would eat fish so big.

009-12.jpg

013-12.jpg

Here he is hosting my Frogspawn

015-11.jpg

Checking water params for the first time in forever... Did a 20% WC yesterday.

Salinity - 1.026

Temp - 80.4

Ammonia/Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 0

PH - 8.0 maybe... :huh:

Alk - 2.5 :(

Calcium - 400-450. I lost count of the damn drops (I don't know how my calcium can be so high. I did a water change yesterday. I have a bunch of chalices and some other SPS too and more coming. My chalice I fragged was really brittle and I want to keep that from happening again).

I'm thinking about dosing Calc/Mag, will that help with PH and ALK too? I'm going to get a Mag test today....

Yeah it is.... Going to hit the LFS today.

I use seachem dry mix. They last awhile and get the job done. I have the Ca, Ca Carbonate, and Mg which I add every other day.

I use seachem dry mix. They last awhile and get the job done. I have the Ca, Ca Carbonate, and Mg which I add every other day.

Cool I'll check those out. I took my water to the LFS today to see if their tests differed from mine.

Ph was 7.9

Alk was 11

Salinity was 1.028 (ato should be here any day).

Calc was 520

He said to use Ph buffer. I just got a new Bucket of Seachem Salinity so I might just do a water change and see if that helps.

Buffers are a band aid. You need to figure out why the ph is so low and fix it that way.

That's what I figured. But figure it out how?

Just picked up a YWG and a really small Tiger Pistol. That dude is throwing sand all over the place. Cloudy tank!

The Goby took about 1 minute to go find him. Pretty cool.

There are lots of things that lower pH. probably the easiest issue to fix for a low pH would be too much dissolved CO2.

How do you fix that?

more plants/ reverse light cycle for the fuge.

Ok. Been doing that. I have 5 mangroves and a ton of Chaeto. I'll make sure to keep the reverse light cycle going.

I don't think my new little Tiger Pistol Shrimp is going to last long.... He's so small, I should have gotten a bigger one.

He came about a split second from being eaten by the Moray....

I came to check on the tank and the Moray Eel was sticking his head out of a hole in the sand I'd never seen him in before. It turns out it was part of the cave the Shrimp built. I figured at that time the shrimp was already toast but I saw him on top of the cave about 4 inches from where the Moray was sticking his head out.

Well he was hunting the pistol the whole time. He finally started sneaking out and the shrimp had no clue he was there. Poor blind little bastard. The eel just came up and just as he was about to strike the shrimp took off to the other side of the tank and chilled on some LR.

I hope he is going to last. I didn't realize my eel was that much of a hunter. I NEVER see him.

oh lol :( well maybe shrimp/gobies are not the combo for you.

Yeah I think it's going to be a failed experiment. This YWG is crazy too. He will only sit on the bottom if all lights are off. The second you turn any light on, even the moonlight LED's (which are extremely mild), he swims as fast as he can to the top of the tank and won't come down to the lights go off.

YWG is fine now, he stays on the bottom. Doesn't move much. Pretty though. Clowns are good.

Thinking about moving a bunch of stuff around today.

Micromussa completely melted yesterday. Everything else looked fine. Even the finger leather which is my pickiest coral looked fine. No idea what happened to it. Pods ate what was left of it last night and this morning.

Scratch that. YWG is toast....

I noticed yesterday a huge purple line inside his face. Did not look right. He still wasn't acting strange though. Now I noticed him swimming around the tank like a plane going down. He can't control himself.

He laid down near the live rock and I watched my Eel come out and drag him into the cave......

That eel is a beast. Srry to hear about your gobi and shrimp.

As for the ph, I have read that making sure that you have plenty of surface water movement and fresh air coming into the room helps, along with plants and reverse fuge lighting cycle.

That eel is a beast. Srry to hear about your gobi and shrimp.

As for the ph, I have read that making sure that you have plenty of surface water movement and fresh air coming into the room helps, along with plants and reverse fuge lighting cycle.

Yeah but I'm not sure if the eel ate him or not. He sat in the cave next to him for a while. I don't see the fish anymore but the eel doesn't look like he ate the fish, he would be huge.

The Mp10 does an OK job of surface movement. I wonder if I should move it up more?

I've got Mangroves and Chaeto, and I'll try to do the reverse light cycle (they are 2 small underwater inTank lights for Chaeto).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of surface agitation but I pointed one of my powerheads at the surface and within two days my pH had gone from 7.9-8.0 to 8.2-8.3.

Could have been anything but I think it's the added movement at the surface. If you can move the MP10 up and crank it up some more I imagine that would be a huge help.

Archived