Innovative Marine Aquariums

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

And as my wife brought in my 2nd package of the day she said "HONEY... You have got to STOP ordering stuff."

hahaha.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Got the stuff I listed before the pics:

Zoas:

LA Lakers

Rasberries

Mohawks

Some Free Palys that haven't opened yet

Reefcleaners.org

Chaeto

Mangroves

Clean Reef Foods Filter Feeder Formula

Empty Shells

OClownsandNanos

Nice new zoas! If I ever break down and get zoas, I will definitely pick up some LA Lakers - those are awesome. The raspberries are nice too. I like how you fit the Tunze in your fuge so you didn't have to stick it in the display. Do you have it next to the return (can't tell)?

Nice new zoas! If I ever break down and get zoas, I will definitely pick up some LA Lakers - those are awesome. The raspberries are nice too. I like how you fit the Tunze in your fuge so you didn't have to stick it in the display. Do you have it next to the return (can't tell)?

Yeah I think Lakers look as good as any Hornets although I haven't seen Hornets in person. I'll let you know when I get my Purp's in a week or so hopefully.

Yeah it's in the "chamber" right before the return along with Chaeto, newly installed mangroves, and my pump that runs out to the BRS reactor. 4 underwater inTank lights for the chaeto and there is hardly room for anything else. It is JAM packed.

You're getting purple hornets? :blink:

On a side note, your tank is starting to look like something! :P Be sure to keep the sandbed clean though...Oh and just something I've been using and it's the best thing since the internet.

Yeah supposed to be getting them from NCRA and the free PH give away. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to try and buy a polyp each of Red and Blue from a local guy too.

As far as keeping the sand bed clean not sure what else to do. It stays fairly clean. Have a ton of snails and some crabs. Have Cheato, Purigen, Chemi-Pure Elite, Mangroves, RO/DI Water. What else do you think I need? That stuff in your link?

As far as keeping the sand bed clean not sure what else to do. It stays fairly clean.

Oh I know, just with all the frags on it is what I meant! And I'm sure you already know this, but the mangroves need to be sprayed daily with RO/DI water to help them export.

That stuff, Microbacter7, is really amazing. Cleans up any unwanted algae, surprisingly I get better polyp extension from SPS and it allows me to feed more with perfect water levels!

Oh, and you know you want to!

Oh I know, just with all the frags on it is what I meant! And I'm sure you already know this, but the mangroves need to be sprayed daily with RO/DI water to help them export.

That stuff, Microbacter7, is really amazing. Cleans up any unwanted algae, surprisingly I get better polyp extension from SPS and it allows me to feed more with perfect water levels!

Oh, and you know you want to!

haha I definitely want to but wife will kill.

You have to spray mangroves? On the leaves? I really don't know anything about them. Please share the knowledge.

Yes spray their leaves daily with RO water. That's why alot of people see really poor growth. They don't spray and the metabolism of the plant is slowed down greatly. Also, I don't know if yours have roots already, but try to raise up the roots or sprout about 2 inches from the bottom of the refugium: that will lead to them creating a whole habitat with their roots!

Yes spray their leaves daily with RO water. That's why alot of people see really poor growth. They don't spray and the metabolism of the plant is slowed down greatly. Also, I don't know if yours have roots already, but try to raise up the roots or sprout about 2 inches from the bottom of the refugium: that will lead to them creating a whole habitat with their roots!

They don't have leaves yet and I kind of planted them in the sand. Is that bad?

It's not bad...But I would take the bulb out of the sand and let the roots go into the sand on their own.

Ok thanks will do.

Love the big pic updates, all the new adds look great.

Is that fuge plumbed in (save me the back-reading) or hooked up via some sort of siphon thing?

Love the big pic updates, all the new adds look great.

Is that fuge plumbed in (save me the back-reading) or hooked up via some sort of siphon thing?

Thanks.

It's an HOB, it has pipes from the Fuge that hang over the top with the intake powered by a Rio 400.

OClownsandNanos
haha I definitely want to but wife will kill.

Hey if you want we can do a pact that neither of us will buy new corals for the next month at least. I'm really supposed to hold off until July since that's my anniversary and hubby knows I want corals, but if you want some peer support in holding off for just a little bit I'd be happy to help out. Hmmm I just realized May 9th is Mother's Day - hmm maybe just for a month's a really good idea after all.

(I just saw some rainbow acans in the Livestock classifieds that look awesome but I had to hold back. I really really really really wanted them and I know I could've pm'd and paypaled but there would have been some 'splainin to do since I vowed no more corals for a while. So you'd be helping me out too. :) )

I can do that if we don't count the corals I have coming next week ;)

I fed today... My eel must have been REALLY hungry because he went berserk... literally. He attacked all the fish during feeding, was swimming around everywhere jerking around like a nut. It was hilarious.

I have videos but they aren't great and I haven't uploaded yet. I will probably later... Tomorrow. Gotta get ready for the Masters.

But man I started feeding Rod's food today and almost immediately I see something out of the corner of my eye and I hear this big SLAP next to me on the floor...

My 6 Line went up for some food and just flew out of the tank and landed 4 feet below on the hardwoods. I scooped him up and threw him back in and he slowly swam back into the rocks. I was worried but he came out a minute later and started chowing down. Couldn't believe it.

The eel bit the Wrasse on the tail like 2 minutes after that... I was cracking up. So I fed him and then he snapped at one of the False Percs but missed. It was so funny.

I put a pinch of that Reef Food in from John Maloney too but it stayed on the top of the water. I'm not sure how to administer it. Need to figure that out.

Otherwise tank is doing great.

035-7.jpg

030-7.jpg

031-9.jpg

032-6.jpg

036-8.jpg

041-8.jpg

047-7.jpg

043-5.jpg

046-11.jpg

048-7.jpg

051-6.jpg

052-6.jpg

056-5.jpg

057-7.jpg

Cool vids, even tho the eel sort of freaks me out now that I see it in action.

Sure looks like he wants to eat the other fish tho...

He ONLY does that during feeding time. Otherwise he stays pretty hidden and doesn't show any aggression towards the fish. He will rub up against them and not think anything of it.

He really does go nuts during feeding time. I'll have to get my real video camera (Canon HV20) and take some better videos of him.

Dude, that eel is pretty much amazing. It looks like it wants to eat your fish though?

edit: that's what everyone else is saying lol

haha thanks, he is absolutely amazing. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

He does go absolutely shark frenzy mode when there is food in the water, other than that he is docile.

Archived