SaltCritters.com

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That eel is going to be sweet! Can't wait to see it.

Me too! :o

Love the pics on the last page, very nice :D Can't wait to see that eel as well. Also I may have missed it, but where did you get that rack and what size is it? I'm thinking about getting one.

Thank you. The magnetic rack is from http://blackrock@blackrockreef.com/products-3.html

I HIGHLY recommend them. I just ordered another one. If you are frag crazy you will love it.

Lol an eel, I can't wait for pics!!!

;)

nice rack lawl

haha. That was funny.

I just turned my moonlight on in pitch darkness 6:15 am my time... Crazy. I saw so many big amphipods running around fast as hell. Never seen one in the display before. Saw a big stoma too. Pretty neat.

I still need:

ATO - I want one that doesn't use a float switch because I don't have a sump and the float switch would be worthless in the refugium because it always maintains the same water level. I was thinking the Tunze which has sensors instead of a float?

Controller - RKL plus most of the probes and the net tracking module? It seems like a lot of people like this. Big expense for everything though. I don't really test my water regularly (except salinity every few days) and I look at the temp sometimes but it always seems to hold steady at 79-80 depending on the time of day.

RO/DI - This is what I will probably get first. I'm tired of getting water filled at the LFS. I will get the 150 dollar Spectrapure.

Skimmer - I will probably get this quickly too. With 3 fish already and an eel on the way I want to make sure my water stays good. I've read great things about the Tunze 9002 so I'm kind of set on that one and it supposedly can fit in the aquafuge 2.

New Light for my Fuge - My chaeto has shrunk and broke apart. It hasn't grown at all. I bought the wrong light for it I think. 6000k 50/50 03 bulb. I guess I'll get a more yellow bulb with a clamp from Home Depot and try that. Flow seems to be alright.

MP-10 - B)

I still need:

ATO - I want one that doesn't use a float switch because I don't have a sump and the float switch would be worthless in the refugium because it always maintains the same water level. I was thinking the Tunze which has sensors instead of a float?

Controller - RKL plus most of the probes and the net tracking module? It seems like a lot of people like this. Big expense for everything though. I don't really test my water regularly (except salinity every few days) and I look at the temp sometimes but it always seems to hold steady at 79-80 depending on the time of day.

RO/DI - This is what I will probably get first. I'm tired of getting water filled at the LFS. I will get the 150 dollar Spectrapure.

Skimmer - I will probably get this quickly too. With 3 fish already and an eel on the way I want to make sure my water stays good. I've read great things about the Tunze 9002 so I'm kind of set on that one and it supposedly can fit in the aquafuge 2.

New Light for my Fuge - My chaeto has shrunk and broke apart. It hasn't grown at all. I bought the wrong light for it I think. 6000k 50/50 03 bulb. I guess I'll get a more yellow bulb with a clamp from Home Depot and try that. Flow seems to be alright.

MP-10 - B)

Nice to-buy list. Most of what you have on there, I am in the market for so pick me up one of everything you get hehe. A skimmer is probably a must for you with that eel coming you say? Are they pigs?

Nice to-buy list. Most of what you have on there, I am in the market for so pick me up one of everything you get hehe. A skimmer is probably a must for you with that eel coming you say? Are they pigs?

first I have to convince my wife to let me spend another grand on this little tank. There's no such thing as a budget anymore. It's just a freaking money pit.

And I'm already starting to get ideas about a 100g frag tank.

As far as the skimmer for the eel, I just know I'll be pushing the bioload higher and while I've read that this species isn't a messy eater and doesn't create a lot of waste, especially compared to other eels but I just want to make sure I'm doing evrything to maintain stable conditions.

OClownsandNanos
first I have to convince my wife to let me spend another grand on this little tank. There's no such thing as a budget anymore. It's just a freaking money pit.

No joke. I've sworn off of any more buys on anything until that BRS Group Buy next month. Then we'll see. (Oh, if Vanderbilts are available between now and then, I will get them because they're already planned in but that's the only thing.)

You will not be sorry about the Tunze 9002. It is a quiet little worker. If you can stick it in your aquafuge that would be sweet. Looking forward to your new 'scape and eel!

No joke. I've sworn off of any more buys on anything until that BRS Group Buy next month. Then we'll see. (Oh, if Vanderbilts are available between now and then, I will get them because they're already planned in but that's the only thing.)

You will not be sorry about the Tunze 9002. It is a quiet little worker. If you can stick it in your aquafuge that would be sweet. Looking forward to your new 'scape and eel!

I've sworn them off too but buy something every single week. Good info about the 9002, if only I could find one, sold out everywhere.

Spending a grand on it? I would just upgrade at that point :)

All of those things I mentioned together above are at least a grand. If we are talking about an upgrade I'm budgeting 10,000 on my next tank (shallow, rimless, acrylic 100g tank).

Rescaped because I felt like I had just a bunch of rock laying around and it was extremely cluttered. Everything got pissed, I guess that is just normal. I thought I had f'ed my FS beyond repair but it seems ok now. I'm not done, when my new frag rack gets in I'm going to load it up and pile those rocks on the right a little higher.

It will be my zoa, chalice, ric area.

I also wanted to make room for the eel which I pickup on Wednesday.

018-9.jpg

017-10.jpg

020-8.jpg

026-8.jpg

024-6.jpg

004-9.jpg

Forgot to mention I took the 2 rocks out that were covered in GHA and scrubbed the ever living hell out of them with a tooth brush. It came off surprisingly easily. Did it in the water I took out for a WC so the Coraline wouldn't die off.

Moray is temp acclimating in the bag right now

omgomgomg

He's so cool. So freaking small. About the size of a small sharpened pencil.

The stupid lady at Fed Ex brought the box out which says Fragile, LIVE FISH, THIS SIDE UP, etc. etc. all over it and throws it up on the counter on top of a weigh pad thing and goes to the computer as the box starts to slide off the counter I have to catch it...

Freaking idiots.

Nice new scape!

10 Grand for a tank that size is about right. I hope the eel does good! Pictures!

I like the new scape.

Thanks gang! I will post pics soon.

Weeta congrats on winning that thing over at NCRA!

Wet Pets Hawaii (Les) does a great job packaging... Triple bagged. Plenty of newspaper, big styrofoam box, newspaper in between bags to shield from light when you open the bag. Awesome, awesome job.

001-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-10.jpg

006-8.jpg

010-9.jpg

011-10.jpg

012-9.jpg

013-10.jpg

I'm giddy like a school girl.

:happy:

The tank is covered right??

Eh most of it, but theres a good 3 inch opening that I had to keep because of the stupid HOB Refugium... I'm worried about that. :angry:

I love these eels!

Well, it's not really recommended to feed it too early.....

But still. Feed it!!! :P

haha. I love him too. I've taken a billion pics. He's instantly the coolest thing in the tank. So active. I thought they were supposed to be shy. He's all over the freaking place. He has like 20 hiding spots already picked out that he scoots too if he gets spooked. He loves the frag rack too. He goes in and out of it.

Seriously how long should I wait to feed him?

Let him get used to the tank overnight and depending on how he's acting (if he's searching actively) you can feed him tomorrow.

Archived