Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

The strange thing is when I first turned it on and only used the 420/460 bulbs it was REAL pink.

016-3.jpg

036-3.jpg

037-1.jpg

Now?

They don't look ANYTHING like that. In fact if you don't have all 4 bulbs on you can't even tell they are pink. They look white unless you have the 700+ bulbs on next to them and then they just look REALLY faded pink.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW....

Those are without a doubt, absolutely different bulbs.

Mine are, without question, blue. If you look at my thread and check out the last set of pics I put up, those are with only the 2 actinics on. Very blue....

That is interesting. I wonder if Aquaticlife changed the bulbs recently (or if MD did.....hmmm <_<)

The skimmate the CPR makes is probably cleaner than the tank water itself. It releases tons of bubbles into the tank and is very loud.

If you're going to skim, look into something like this.

WOW....

Those are without a doubt, absolutely different bulbs.

Mine are, without question, blue. If you look at my thread and check out the last set of pics I put up, those are with only the 2 actinics on. Very blue....

That is interesting. I wonder if Aquaticlife changed the bulbs recently (or if MD did.....hmmm <_<)

I think they screwed me with these bulbs... Hope it's not something in the workings of the hood itself.

The skimmate the CPR makes is probably cleaner than the tank water itself. It releases tons of bubbles into the tank and is very loud.

If you're going to skim, look into something like this.

I might check into that. I was wondering if I needed a skimmer because I'd like to add a pair of percs and a YWG/Tiger Pistol pair.

Well without SPS you'll be fine with the fish. The added nutrients will enhance your current coral growth. However, with the added bio-load, you might have algae outbreaks, and a skimmer would skim the protein that makes them grow.

Then again, you have an unnatural concentration of snails, and they'd be more than happy to take care of the algae. :P

Well without SPS you'll be fine with the fish. The added nutrients will enhance your current coral growth. However, with the added bio-load, you might have algae outbreaks, and a skimmer would skim the protein that makes them grow.

Then again, you have an unnatural concentration of snails, and they'd be more than happy to take care of the algae. :P

hahahaha. I blame John for that. They are doing a good job. Now if I can just get rid of the flatworms in the fuge.

I'm actually about to stick my damn hands in the tank again. Some of the rocks are too close to the glass and I can't get the magfloat down there and it's building up algae. And I really need to find better places for all these damn frag plugs.

I moved a rock or two around and replaced all my frags. They are pissed. Again.

I have got to stop f'ing with this tank. :angry:

OClownsandNanos

LOL I like your watermelons. Makes me want to get some zoas. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday, but held back. I'm zoa-phobic right now, esp. since my preschooler keeps asking if she can put her hands in the tank with the fish. Looks like you've got some nice stuff that'll look great as it grows in. I just ordered about six frags (4 lps, 1 monti cap, and 1 silver xenia) so I should be getting them later this week. Have you been dipping at all? If so, what do you use?

LOL I like your watermelons. Makes me want to get some zoas. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday, but held back. I'm zoa-phobic right now, esp. since my preschooler keeps asking if she can put her hands in the tank with the fish. Looks like you've got some nice stuff that'll look great as it grows in. I just ordered about six frags (4 lps, 1 monti cap, and 1 silver xenia) so I should be getting them later this week. Have you been dipping at all? If so, what do you use?

Thanks. I really love big zoa colony's even though I don't have any yet. Hopefully they will get growing if I stop messing with them. If I could fast forward 6 months the tank might look nice. In the meantime I have to STOP buying frags. But I know I won't. Maybe I'll buy the rest of my fish and chill for a few months. Hard to do.

What LPS did you get?

I have not been dipping. Probably why I have flatworms and other pests. But the 6 Line keeps them in check in the display.

I have read about Lugol's and Coral Revive and Fresh water dips (not going to do this) and considered it but for now I've just been rinsing them in a cup of tank water while I razor blade everything but the coral off. I really can't find a good HOW TO on coral dipping which is the primary reason I haven't done it yet.

I've seen people talk about it in a million different threads but they never say how to do it, just talk about what they use.

Moved LR "rubble" out of the fuge today. It was just filling up with nastiness. One piece had all kinds of crap dying on it. I pulled it completely. The rest I stuck next to my GSP rock to give it somewhere to spread.

The snails are going crazy on these rocks. They all hauled towards them.

For some reason my reactor stopped pumping water. Not sure what's going on with it. Wish I had that fitting.

Need to write an email to BRS.

I think I'm finally ready to stop f'ing with the tank for a while (Just did a 15-20% water change too).

My Rio 400 pump decided to stop working today. No more BRS Reactor till I can get to the store tomorrow. Ugh. Haven't had that thing for a month.

OClownsandNanos

There is that sticky in the corals forum on acclimating/dipping SPS. They said in the comments that it would work for other types of corals too. It seems pretty good. I got some Seachem Reef Dip (the only dip my LFS had) which I'm gonna use with my tank water to dip. I got a neon green tongue, an orange mouthed acan enchinata, a blue chalice, and a red and green candy cane coral. I'm still trying to figure out how long I need to acclimate for given the bulk of what I got is LPS. There seems to be conflicting online info. I'm definitely going to temp acclimate, but not sure if I'll do more than that.

Sorry to hear about your pump! That just sucks.

New FTS soon please!

There is that sticky in the corals forum on acclimating/dipping SPS. They said in the comments that it would work for other types of corals too. It seems pretty good. I got some Seachem Reef Dip (the only dip my LFS had) which I'm gonna use with my tank water to dip. I got a neon green tongue, an orange mouthed acan enchinata, a blue chalice, and a red and green candy cane coral. I'm still trying to figure out how long I need to acclimate for given the bulk of what I got is LPS. There seems to be conflicting online info. I'm definitely going to temp acclimate, but not sure if I'll do more than that.

Sorry to hear about your pump! That just sucks.

New FTS soon please!

Can't wait to see those. They sound nice. I'll do a FTS tomorrow. Lights just went off and moonlights are on, plus the finger leather is incredibly pissed and deflated after all the crap I did to the tank. Hopefully he will pop back tomorrow.

I've talked to so many people that just throw corals in even without temp acclimating. 15 minutes floating can only help I would think.

:angry: Its okay, It'll all be worth it in the end!

I keep telling myself that.

Man, walking into my office at night with those Moonlight LED's... Tank looks so freaking cool. Makes all the hassle worth it.

Wow just got this email from Marine Depot. My bulb issue solved?

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting Marinedepot.com. I do apologize, but it sounds like you somehow received freshwater bulbs instead of saltwater. According to our warehouse team, a saltwater fixture was shipped out to you. Perhaps it was mispackaged at the factory. I have gone ahead and shipped out the saltwater bulbs you need at no cost. They should arrive within the next 4-5 business days. Please feel free to hang onto the freshwater bulbs as spares. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us for support.

Daniel S.

Customer Service / Technical Support

www.marinedepot.com

1-800-566-3474

Subscribe to Newsletter

Shop Weekly Specials

Join our Forum

------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 1:50 PM

To: Sales Account

Subject: Re: Your Order Has Shipped

My stock lights are white and a very faded pink, making my tank very sickly whitish/yellow.

I have a friend who ordered the exact same hood and his are white and blue and his tank is much bluer.

Can you help with this?

Thanks,

Bill

OClownsandNanos
I want a Favia.

LOL you and me both - I've told myself I'm taking a break from buying any more corals right now though. If you get one, post pics so I can drool again!

LOL you and me both - I've told myself I'm taking a break from buying any more corals right now though. If you get one, post pics so I can drool again!

I've told myself the same thing. I need to let this tank grow, but I'm impatient. I want it full now. Plus I still want a Favia and a Chalice, more Rics, an Acan, among other things. I'm tempted to go the LFS today...

Must.... Fight.....

I want an open brain too.

So my Rio 400 pump isn't dead. I took it apart and pulled the impeller out and rinsed everything off and put it back together and it started working again.

My problem is I can't get the hose to stay in the output hole of the Rio. It just slides out. and since it's sitting on the sand in the Fuge (the only way it will fit with that stiff hose on the BRS reactor) it immediately starts pulling sand and clogs and stops working.

I found the double sided push fitting but that doesn't help me fit the hose into the output of the Rio. Not sure what to do.

Which would you guys add next?

1) YWG/Tiger Pistol Pair

2) Pair of small Perculas

Considering that I already have a 6 Line. He's about 1.5-2 inches.

Archived