Coral Vue Hydros

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

Sorry no pics, or thread... Sorta depressing really.

What are you waiting for?

That's a nice looking ric. Nice adds in general, though watch out for the GSP, is will spread like wildfire.

Thanks SoCal. The LFS not too far from me has some killer frags. They had about 30 Rics in a little basket and this was the biggest. They were all 20 bucks a pop though. I want to get many, many more.

Yeah about the GSP I know. It's already grown quite a bit since I got it. I'm going to place small pieces of rock next to it, let it grow and then frag it off, but never put it on the main rockwork.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These pictures so don't do the tank justice under the LED's.

The Ric is WAY brighter, it looks like a neon pumpkin.

The blasto has bright green tentacles and the Zoa's are greener.

010-4.jpg

009-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

004-5.jpg

Hmmm Green Palys are pissed this morning...

A crab or snail knocked them over and I had to upright them. 2 of the polyps are closed up tight with a stringy film coming out of them about 1/4 inch long. I hope that's not bad....

Yeah it went away and they are all open and happy now. The Ric though has a dark brown mass coming out of his mouth and it strings to about 2 inches... Any ideas on that?

Ricordia is definitely pissed. I think the new lights combined with the fact that I took the glass off the top has resulted in massive evaporation.

SG was up around 1.026. I usually keep it around 1.024ish.

Dripping fresh RO/DI right now into the fuge. Everything else looks very happy. :o

Ricordia is definitely pissed. I think the new lights combined with the fact that I took the glass off the top has resulted in massive evaporation.

SG was up around 1.026. I usually keep it around 1.024ish.

Dripping fresh RO/DI right now into the fuge. Everything else looks very happy. :o

1.026 is fine for our reefs, and the gradual change in salinity caused by evaporation is slow enough that it probably wouldn't have pissed off the ric. Could be more the new intensity of light it is faced with.

Can you see anything/anyone that is messing with it? I would suggest moving it to a more shaded area and see if it improves.....

Uploading pics now. The brown thing on the mouth is what I'm talking about. He isn't all folded up now like he was before. He kept folding up from different sides.

013-6.jpg

014-7.jpg

015-5.jpg

016-5.jpg

Your new light is much stronger, might need to acclimate corals to it.

Some ppl use layers of window screen material to accomplish this.

Mebbe put 3 layers over tank and remove a layer every 2-3 days.

Hmmm good idea. He is really pissed now. I just turned off the bright bulbs 700+ and left just the 420/460's on to see if that helps. Not sure I want to cut up a window screen but don't have anything else really to use.

If you want it to really spread out, stick it in the lowest light part of the tank and make it reach for the light. But it's laying flat so it's not freaking out from the lights. They get a cup shape when they are shrinking away from uncomfortable light.

The brown crap is probably just that - crap.

019-8.jpg

018-6.jpg

017-6.jpg

If you want it to really spread out, stick it in the lowest light part of the tank and make it reach for the light. But it's laying flat so it's not freaking out from the lights. They get a cup shape when they are shrinking away from uncomfortable light.

The brown crap is probably just that - crap.

I think that is what he is doing. Should I hide him under a rock or just leave the bright tubes off for a while?

Starting tomorrow, use only atinic bulbs for 4 hours a day. See how it/they react.

Ok. Good idea. With the lunar leds on right now he stopped folding up.

Water Params:

SG - 1.026

Temp - 79.5 Degrees

Ammonia - 0

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 5-10

PH - 8.1

Alk - 3.5 meq/l

Well it should help with the chemical warfare going on between your corals, due to the new light stress.

Oh man, I bet that has something to do with it as well. Good deal, thanks.

Looking forward to seeing what bulbs you end up buying...

I have the same fixture and will be upgrading the bulbs eventually (not in a huge hurry to spend another 80 bucks)

Looking forward to seeing what bulbs you end up buying...

I have the same fixture and will be upgrading the bulbs eventually (not in a huge hurry to spend another 80 bucks)

haha, I'm not either. I have spent about 5 times as much on this tank as I wanted to already. I may just wait it out. The moonlights make it all worth it.

Got CUC today from John Maloney. He gave me a TON of snails. There was even a blue legged hermit in there too. Good stuff. Half of them aren't moving but I think thats normal... Hopefully they will all be up and at em by tomorrow.

I moved the Ric down into the corner in the sand. He's doing much better.

026-4.jpg

025-3.jpg

024-4.jpg

023-4.jpg

022-4.jpg

Archived