Pod Your Reef

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fill the reactors up with water. don't worry about the media for now. hook up the 400 and put it in a bucket. try to simulate the altitude change the fluid will experience going from pump to reactor to tank with the lines. turn it on and see if it can handle the head space and back pressure from the reactors. it doesn't need to be old faithful coming out of there....

fyi, there will probably be a little extra resistance in the reactors with media in there....just to keep in mind.

Thanks for the advice. I will attempt this tomorrow

omgomgomg

Recieving Boxes is my favorite part of the hobby! I got my light! Did you get the reactor up?

Nah, had a crazy busy day. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow. I'll take pics if I get it going. I want to see your light.

Man I'm having trouble putting this thing together. I can't figure out how to do it. Instructions aren't good.

I can't find the white tube union fitting either.

:angry:

Got my BRS Reactor today!

neat. i've been debating getting one from BRS, myself.

i always assumed you had to run it in the sump, but now that i'm looking at your picture of it, do you actually have to? what are the dimensions of the one you received (did they differ from BRS' supplied dimensions, in other words)?

thanks!

Looking good! Love the little six line!

Thanks, I do too. He is the coolest fish. He just swam right past 2 flatworms though on the glass and didn't see them.

I completely jerry rigged the reactor and the tube fittings aren't very good but I got it working. Had 4 different leaks but fixed them all. I ran tap water through it, hope that doesn't mess my tank up. The Purigen and Chemi should be here today so I'll get that running then.

neat. i've been debating getting one from BRS, myself.

i always assumed you had to run it in the sump, but now that i'm looking at your picture of it, do you actually have to? what are the dimensions of the one you received (did they differ from BRS' supplied dimensions, in other words)?

thanks!

I guess you don't have to but it's pretty big. I'm going to put it on a little stand behind my tank and plumb it into the refugium. Hang on a sec, I'll go measure it.

It's about 14 inches tall from the bottom of the canisters to the top of bracket on the back. It's 12 and a half inches wide from the 90 degree push fitting on one side to the other.

Got all kinds of boxes today.

My new T5 Lights!!!

My purigen and chemi pure elite

And my other t5 Lights that I ordered incorrectly and have to return.

The AquaticLife T5 Hood is solid. Beautiful. Programmable controller on the front. I don't really like the bulbs it came with though... The tank looks REALLY pale white, almost yellowish. It's ugly. My little 50/50 actinic PC hood looked better.

I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and buy new bulbs immediately. Wife is gonna kill. I'll post pictures later.

One of the reasons I love this website is that it makes me feel a little more normal. Its good to know that I'm not the only person out there that spends hours reading and learning and testing water every day and watching my live rock for forever hoping some new life form shows up! Love the excitement! Definitely will be following you as you get this tank going!

One of the reasons I love this website is that it makes me feel a little more normal. Its good to know that I'm not the only person out there that spends hours reading and learning and testing water every day and watching my live rock for forever hoping some new life form shows up! Love the excitement! Definitely will be following you as you get this tank going!

haha, yeah we all have problems :D

Post a pic man, stock bulbs are better than no pic.

What bulbs are you thinking of getting?

I had to run out the door as soon as I got the thing up and running. I will post them in a few mins.

I really do love the hood. It is so quiet you can't hear it at all. My tank used to be loud as hell because of that Coralife PC hood.

Here are shots with the PC hood:

021-3.jpg

022-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

Then with the T5 (only LED Moonlight)

030-2.jpg

033-1.jpg

T5 - 420/460 bulbs

036-3.jpg

037-1.jpg

T5 - 700+ and 420/460 can't really tell the difference

039-1.jpg

The ric looks washed out under these bulbs :(

042-2.jpg

044-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

It's definitely brighter but I want WAY more blue.

I'm thinking 2 ATI Blue+, 1 Fiji Purple, and then not sure about the 4th bulb...

UVL Actinic?

Aquablue?

Strange....

The pink isn't NEARLY as pink now as it was a few hours ago. A very dull pink now, doesn't look anything like those pictures I posted above. Almost looks white. Is that normal?

The lunar lights are AWESOME

Where did you get that light fixture, I really like it. What length is it?

Bruce

Marine Depot 24"

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticLife_T5_...TFIT54U-vi.html

It looks so good with just the lunar LED's on right now. The corals glow in the dark.

I am trying to hook up the reactor now. Rinsed the Chemi Pure Elite but used tap water and probably shouldn't have. So I tried to squeeze it out and that was an even worse idea. Now I'm running it through the reactor into the sink and it's been yellow for like 10 mins. I can finally see the Purigen in the other chamber.

Trial and Error 4tl

Well I got it hooked up, but it's completely rigged. The tubes barely fit, I'm worried that the one I have running back into the fuge will fall out and drain my entire tank into my office....

I still can't get over how cool the corals look with the LED's on. They are glowing.

omgomgomg

You finally got the reactor up! It took me about 30 minutes to set mine up the first time! As for the chemipure, rinsing it in tap water causes no problems!

omgomgomg

You finally got the reactor up! It took me about 30 minutes to set mine up the first time! As for the chemipure, rinsing it in tap water causes no problems!

Good to hear about the tap. I assumed other people did it too. Show me some pictures of yours. How did you hook your tube up to your power head. I couldn't find the piece they were talking about in the instructions.

It took you 30 mins lol... I worked on this thing for hours.

looking very nice :)

Haha. Well I used the adapter. Its a white adapter that's shown on the prduct pictures hooked on to a MJ. It fit right onto the MJ 400.

Hmm I will have to look at the pictures. Do you have a tank thread? Did you get your lights? Pics?

Archived