Pod Your Reef

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big ones (Nerites) sometimes like to climb out of the tank as well, so keep an eye on them for that.

If they do that and you find them on the floor, just smell em to make sure they're still alive and toss em back in.

Yeah the snails are rockin.

The ric is back to being his healthy self and I got some great frags from a fellow ARC member today. Some Zoa's, Yellow Polyps, a Mushroom, a Candy Cane, and a Finger Leather.

Loving the new adds.

Also, I will be ordering my new T5 bulbs tomorrow.

I decided on

2x ATI Blue+

1x KZ Fiji Purple

1x UVL Super Actinic

But then someone at Atlanta Reef Club is trying to convince me to go Aquablue instead of Superactinic. Every time I get my mind set on the right bulb combo someone comes up and tells me to change it...

That's why you order and never look back!

Yeah, and unless they are selling you their eyes it doesn't mean their preferred combo would look good to you anyway. Can always change out bulbs later.

I run

blueplus

figipurple

aquablue speziel

blueplus

pretty nice color

Thanks guys. Yeah I just decided to go with what I liked. We will see when they get here.

I added some more very small Zoas today and a very tiny frogspawn frag.

It turns out what we thought was a blasto merletti is actually a plate coral. Just really small. I might pic up a few more rics but after that I'm done for a while (I hope). I need to let all these things grow out.

The big ones (Nerites) sometimes like to climb out of the tank as well, so keep an eye on them for that.

If they do that and you find them on the floor, just smell em to make sure they're still alive and toss em back in.

They seriously hang out at the top of the tank partly out of the water at all times. I haven't seen them move since I got them.

So my 6 line has absolutely decimated my flatworm population....

Or so I thought.

I've seen him pick them off the glass for days until over the past 3 or 4 days I haven't seen one. Well I just went back and looked in the fuge and there are about 10 on the glass. Ugh.

In good news I finally got a refractometer yesterday. So much easier to use than a Hydrometer. And it is reading 1.024 right now and I haven't topped off in days.

Just used the hydrometer and it says 1.028.......

I added some more very small Zoas today and a very tiny frogspawn frag.

I need pics!!!!!! :P

Can't wait to see the new bulb lineup.....

I run

blueplus

figipurple

aquablue speziel

blueplus

pretty nice color

I have the same bulb setup. I am ok with it, but not super impressed.

I need pics!!!!!! :P

Can't wait to see the new bulb lineup.....

I'll add some tonight. They haven't really opened all the way, some of them have. Really small frags. Trying to decide where to put them, they are all on the sand right now on plugs but I don't think they like all that flow.

But after I completely pissed my ric off last night, I've decided to stop putting my hands in the tank for a while.

I have the same bulb setup. I am ok with it, but not super impressed.

Can you be more specific SoCal? 3 of those 4 bulbs I just ordered.

Messed with some settings on our crappy little camera and was surprised how some of them turned out. I'm going to keep messing with it. (Digital Macro and Center Weighted Average seemed to help alot, whatever that is).

Some of these corals haven't opened up yet and colored up yet really. It's going to be a long time before this tank looks good I think. But here goes anyway.

045-4.jpg

044-3.jpg

042-4.jpg

027-3.jpg

035-3.jpg

041-3.jpg

040-3.jpg

029-4.jpg

025-4.jpg

021-5.jpg

038-5.jpg

028-4.jpg

034-3.jpg

033-2.jpg

023-5.jpg

031-3.jpg

036-5.jpg

037-3.jpg

Thanks. Some kind of Finger Leather.

And no I don't think the Ric is bleached. It's much more orange in real life, but it's a combination of the camera and the incredibly crappy bulbs that came with my T5 light. It makes the entire tank look yellow and washed out.

Thanks. Some kind of Finger Leather.

And no I don't think the Ric is bleached. It's much more orange in real life, but it's a combination of the camera and the incredibly crappy bulbs that came with my T5 light. It makes the entire tank look yellow and washed out.

It's weird that your bulbs are so yellow. I bought the same fixture and mine is much more of a crisp white (definitely not yellow). You said you got yours from MD? Maybe that is the difference....perhaps they have had it in stock for a while and their bulbs have changed. I got mine direct from Aquaticlife (through my LFS).

FYI, I still want to change the bulbs, but the color is more than tolerable until then.....

EDIT: I will try to post an FTS this afternoon before class with all 4 bulbs on....

Archived