Innovative Marine Aquariums

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully your 6 line will leave that future pistol alone (or the goby for that matter)

My experience with 6 lines has been this.......

6 line = devil

They have killed almost every single fish I have had and a whole lot of shrimp and crabs as well.

Cool fish, but damn aggressive ( especially if introduced ahead of others).

Not trying to scare you....hopefully yours will be an exception, as there are for every rule in this hobby.

Hopefully your 6 line will leave that future pistol alone (or the goby for that matter)

My experience with 6 lines has been this.......

6 line = devil

They have killed almost every single fish I have had and a whole lot of shrimp and crabs as well.

Cool fish, but damn aggressive ( especially if introduced ahead of others).

Not trying to scare you....hopefully yours will be an exception, as there are for every rule in this hobby.

I hope that isn't the case, but I definitely want more fish. That 6 Line I love though... He eats the hell out of pests.

He's really small and I'm thinking of getting fish that are bigger than him.

New fish!!!!!!!!

Meet Luke Skywalker and Rockstar Chicken (named by my sons).

I drip acclimated them for an hour. Then I hrew them in a breeder basket on the side and let the 6 Line check them out. He gave them 1 look and then nothing. I kept them in there for about 30-45 minutes then let them go.

After about a minute he swam right between them and hasn't given them a second look. After everything I have read I was prepared for him to just absolutely destroy them but it's been about an hour and he hasn't bothered them at all.

If anything he is avoiding them.

053-4.jpg

054-4.jpg

055-3.jpg

064-4.jpg

066-2.jpg

069-2.jpg

071.jpg

073.jpg

075.jpg

079-1.jpg

080-2.jpg

New fish!!!!!!!!

Meet Luke Skywalker and Rockstar Chicken (named by my sons).

I drip acclimated them for an hour. Then I hrew them in a breeder basket on the side and let the 6 Line check them out. He gave them 1 look and then nothing. I kept them in there for about 30-45 minutes then let them go.

After about a minute he swam right between them and hasn't given them a second look. After everything I have read I was prepared for him to just absolutely destroy them but it's been about an hour and he hasn't bothered them at all.

If anything he is avoiding them.

Cute clowns :), glad your Six Line is ok with them.

It's a good sign he hasn't messed with them yet.

Doesn't mean he won't decide he wants them dead in a year....

Hopefully he doesn't, they are such cool fish. I just wish they didn't sometimes flip like the family pitbull and eat the 2 yr-old.

Yeah I hear ya. Hopefully he won't do that. It's a good sign though as you said.

I had a FOWLR predator tank 55g back in the day and usually you would know within 1 minute what was going to happen. Got a golden headed sleeper goby and my trigger and wrasse beat the hell out of him immediately. Like within 10 seconds.

For the record I couldn't find a YWG ANYWHERE. I checked like 10 LFS. No dice.

Thanks. They already have tons of personality. Not in the least bit scared of Iron Man and they chowed down on Rod's Food. They are nonstop swimming.

Unfortunately my candy cane is looking ROUGH. I don't know wtf is wrong with it. Every other coral in my tank is fine except that one. It has completely shriveled up and won't extend tentacles.

Every other coral in my tank is fine except that one. It has completely shriveled up and won't extend tentacles.

Midlife Crisis.

Seems that way. Just did a water change Tuesday and it was fine until yesterday it started this. Hopefully it will rebound.

Grats on the clowns. We just got a pair of true perc;s today also..

as for your candy cane I donno about yours but ours did basically that .. one head is dieing and other is doing great now.. Kenya tree basically did the same thing as well shriveled for 3 days then came out for 3 now shriveled again not sure whats up.

anyways nice looking clowns and GL w the candy canes.

OClownsandNanos

Aww you already have a fishy family! Congrats on the clowns and love the names - aren't ocellaris awesome? Glad your sixline's behaving himself. Hubby keeps nagging me to free my pair from their QT "jail" because he wants to see them explore the DT. :rolleyes: He's breaking me down - I might let them "escape" a week early next weekend.

Sorry to hear about the candy cane -- is it in higher flow? If so, maybe move it to lower flow? Is it near anything that might be bothering it?

Funny thing.... The Candy Canes look GREAT today. I don't know what was going on yesterday. Something knocked the finger leather from it's perch and it's down now and hasn't opened AT ALL today.

lol, Luke Skywalker (the smaller clown) just attacked Iron Man (6 Line) and Iron Man hauled ass away.

The clowns are picking on the 6 line :wtf:

If the leather doesn't open for a few days you shouldn't be worried.

As for the clowns and sixline, well, I guess it's natural. Monitor it doesn't become torture for the 6line.

They are all best buds. There is really no aggression whatsoever to talk about between the 3 fish. They all eat together, it's pretty funny.

The leather is ok again. Everything seems to be doing really well.

My replacement bulbs for the T5 hood all arrive tomorrow. Can't WAIT to get rid of this yellow lighting.

I have a bunch of nasty brown crap on the sand, I'm going to try and siphon some of it in my water change tomorrow. I know you aren't supposed to mess with the sand but in one spot it's out of control.

Clowns like knocking all my unsecured frags all over the place :(

My ugliest coral, the green/brown palys are reproducing like mad. Thing has a ton of heads now.

I've noticed my chaeto not growing too well... Finally because of how I have my pump running IN the fuge to run the reactor I had an almost meltdown today. The pump pulls water from the main chamber of the fuge and spits it out in the last chamber. Well apparently the pump that pulls water from the display into the fuge messed up and my fuge emptied quickly. I turned everything off and switched the pumps (put the Rio400 on the fuge and the little micro pump on the reactor). Works WAY better. Flow is much better in the fuge and I'm hoping that will cut down on all the crap algae back there (still considering putting a small pump back there to help).

The micro jet pump works great with the reactor. Floss is working well in there.

Was supposed to pick up a bigger frogspawn tomorrow at the local meet but found out wife is out of town so I can't go.

That's all for now.

Pics tomorrow.

Wow...

Just put the stock bulbs in that were supposed to come with my fixture and I'm blown away. Holy crap. Now I'm kind of mad I ordered the newer bulbs. It looks freaking amazing. I can't believe I had that yellow tank for so long.

Completely different. Unfortunately my iphone doesn't really show the difference. I'll try and see if my wife left her camera here.

What new bulbs did you order though? Most people think that third party bulbs are better than stock, so you might see even another improvement!

Yeah I'm hoping that will be the case. :lol:

I ordered two ATI Blue Plus, 1 KZ Fiji Purp, and 1 UVL Super Actinic.

I'm assuming the PAR for those will be better than the stock bulbs.

Archived