Top Shelf Aquatics

Weeber's Flaming Pico!

weeber

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not really and probably not for awhile but we did have a couple of house plans drawn up that we like but there are still a couple more coming up before we even decide. so it will be awhile.

Ok.

How do you mount corals to live rock when the live rock is already in water. I've been having trouble with that.

i use epxoy but it is not the best altough they did have areview of a new type of epoxy clay on reefbuilders and it said it was much better than normal epoxy clays.

hurricanefan1281

I used glue to attach my kenya tree (that Weeber gave me cause he didnt want it) to a live rock already in my tank. It wouldve been a big project to get that rock out to put the kenya tree on it, so i just put some glue the kenya tree and tried to stick it to the rock where i wanted it as fast as i could. so far it seems to be doing great!

so hows CW weeber?

animalmaster6

What I did was I took a frag base with a frag. I put glue on the bottom and put it in a cup of saltwater for 5 min. Then I stuck it on the live rock. It worked for 1 night and then it didn't hold.

I used glue to attach my kenya tree (that Weeber gave me cause he didnt want it) to a live rock already in my tank. It wouldve been a big project to get that rock out to put the kenya tree on it, so i just put some glue the kenya tree and tried to stick it to the rock where i wanted it as fast as i could. so far it seems to be doing great!

so hows CW weeber?

CW is boring and mrs burns just got here. also i forgot you can use glue the way hurricane fan just said.

What I did was I took a frag base with a frag. I put glue on the bottom and put it in a cup of saltwater for 5 min. Then I stuck it on the live rock. It worked for 1 night and then it didn't hold.

are u trying to glue the frag to the frag plug or the frag plug to the rock?

Glue the frag plug to the rock underwater.

either use alot of glue or jam it into the the rock because epoxy does not work with frag plugs.

animalmaster6

-_-

I have another thing I might try.

I am going to try to drill tons of holes into the rock for the 125g build. I am going to use pegs for the corals and stick them in the holes.

-_-

I have another thing I might try.

I am going to try to drill tons of holes into the rock for the 125g build. I am going to use pegs for the corals and stick them in the holes.

good idea. :)

weeber im so sorry about the fish. post pics of the overflow & we can see if there are any ways to fix it.

make a super glue epoxy sandwhich it work every time, kneed the epoxy, glue the frag plug, put epoxy over glue, then glue the side of thr epoxy that will attatch to the rock, i like to use a mini screwdriver to flatten and score the epoxy making it blend in with the rock better. i tryed to pry a frag loose likr this and broke the rock trying to wedge the plug out!

weeber im so sorry about the fish. post pics of the overflow & we can see if there are any ways to fix it.

i have a plan to fix it and that is to put some screen over the intake. but i am planning on selling this tank and light and getting a five gallon and making it rimless then make a back chamber. for lighting i would get one PAR38. i would then get two flaming prawn gobies. i might even go ADA and have no filter but im not sure if that would work because i would have to feed them.

would say that as long as you did really small daily water changes, with good flow to kkep the detruis in suspencion. that you would probably be ok with an ada.

dont know if she ever had a thread for it but helfrick's chick had an increedable 60 that only had flow.

and take a look at these for ideas.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132143

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172663

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228238

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233023

thanks for the links bitts.

as for the possible upgrade i think i may do it and right now im looking at a 45-F ADA tank with a PAR38 for lighting and an mp10 with a wireless ecosmart driver. as far as stocking goes i would have a apir of flaming prawn gobies and some other small goby.

Archived