Top Shelf Aquatics

3g "Drilled" Office Pico Build

jeffrey9100

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm checking out your thread now, nice job!! I always wondered how people paint the back of the tank w/out getting it anywhere else, now i know!! nice pic!

Also, that idea w/ the HQI JBJ Viper is ingenious!!! are you worried at all about the heat that it might generate?

Wow, you sir, are an aquarium artiste!!! I would love to do a custom job like that, but i think id endup losing a finger or something....me + drills/saws = trouble...=)

Wow! Look what you can do with an old Picotope!

One of the problems I had with my Picotope setup was surface scum due to the complete lack of surface skimming. The overflow you have would solve that problem perfectly. Are you going to throw an ATO somewhere in the mix? You're going to have crazy evaporation with the light you threw on that thing :)

Jason

TheUnfocusedOne

im thoroughly impressed sir

ive really been looking for something new to do with my tank for some time now

this seems like a great idea

I am so jealous !!! I wanted to drill my pico as well, but EVERYONE that I talked to said it was not possible that it is tempered!!! I think it's time to drain the tank and start over !!! :unsure:

TheUnfocusedOne

id so do the same

think how awesome a 3g with some sps in it would be

thats like my dream tank

wow...a 3g tank with a 20 gal sump?

I was thinking how cool it would be to have a clam sps picotope w/ the 70w viper. I might just have to do one now, haha. I love it, and that overflow is really cool.

Archived