Coral Vue Hydros

3g "Drilled" Office Pico Build

jeffrey9100

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
interesting

i think i might follow your idea to be honest

how did you drill the pico? i heard its tempered?

I drilled it with a five dollar 1-7/8" diamond hole saw from ebay.

This is the second JBJ tank I have drilled, the first being a 6g nano cube. So it can be done my friend, o yes... it can be done.

Good luck with your tank and just remember to be patient while drilling it.

TheUnfocusedOne
I drilled it with a five dollar 1-7/8" diamond hole saw from ebay.

This is the second JBJ tank I have drilled, the first being a 6g nano cube. So it can be done my friend, o yes... it can be done.

Good luck with your tank and just remember to be patient while drilling it.

this is gonna be a later in the year project

im at school n my tank is at home

so if i can get enough money together im planning on fixing it up and bringing it back up for 2nd semester

so im watching you to see how well it work

so do a good job! :P

Just wondering what your planning on stocking in it?

i saw a sweet teardrop maxima at my lfs yesterday n i was thinking how awesome something like that would be

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i need some help here, i am doing the exact same thing,but with a 5gallon sump instead. What size did you drill, and did you use threaded bulkheads or slip fittings? how did you make the bottom of them (the end leading to the sump)? Im building my sump now, gotta order the tank, no place locally has them so I'm paying 41.99 from drsfoster smith for one.

^^^Don't order it just yet. If you have Petsmart, they have 5.5 gallon tanks. I am doing the same thing with a 10 gallon sump. The ten gallon regular tanks at Petsmart are only 11.99. Anyway, I am interested to know if anyone else has done this aside from Jeff. I can't seem to get a reply out of him on the ARC forum. Maybe vacation. I want to know how loud the drain is and if it has caused him problems. Anyone know?

^^^Don't order it just yet. If you have Petsmart, they have 5.5 gallon tanks. I am doing the same thing with a 10 gallon sump. The ten gallon regular tanks at Petsmart are only 11.99. Anyway, I am interested to know if anyone else has done this aside from Jeff. I can't seem to get a reply out of him on the ARC forum. Maybe vacation. I want to know how loud the drain is and if it has caused him problems. Anyone know?

I already have it. I have the 5.5 already as well, I already had that thing from a previous set up. The sump is complete, the stand is underway and the picotope is arriving tomorrow. Then I'll have my lfs drill it for me, and then I can run this bad boy with a 70w Mh and pc retro I'm doing

Hi, im new (this is my 1st post) but i've been lurking around here for a while. I really like your 3g picotope. I think when i get the money to set up my 1st reef tank, im going to go with a 3g picotope and set it up like yours. But anywayss....I saw this [ strapingyunglad ] say "your desk would be cooler if you had the ARC homepage on your computer in the pic..." and you said "Someone should use there computer graffix wits and come up with an official ARC desktop background." So I (while trying my best) made this:

rechangepcvs2.jpg

Hi, im new (this is my 1st post) but i've been lurking around here for a while. I really like your 3g picotope. I think when i get the money to set up my 1st reef tank, im going to go with a 3g picotope and set it up like yours. But anywayss....I saw this [ strapingyunglad ] say "your desk would be cooler if you had the ARC homepage on your computer in the pic..." and you said "Someone should use there computer graffix wits and come up with an official ARC desktop background." So I (while trying my best) made this:

rechangepcvs2.jpg

HAHA that's too funny.

Welcome to the hobby, and to the site. I too am doing this same thing, and this is a great tank. I enjoy it alot. Mine isn't set up yet, I'm building the stand for it currently.

Thanks for the welcoming. but what? Is it bad?? (its my first picture edit since i downloaded the program)

it's not bad, it's the fact that your the first person to do that in the thread, i thought it would have been done long ago.

do you do photography edits? i need some done to my photos but my computer is a POS and I don't have the required software to run a phot editing program

I could try for you. Just post the pictures somewhere i can get them or sent me a pm with links and ill try. I'm sure they wont be as good as when i had photoshop but my pc crashed and has to start over with new program (lost the PS CS3 c.d). Oh and sorry for hijacking your thread steve. Any updates?

Archived