Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3g "Drilled" Office Pico Build

jeffrey9100

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wanted to get my picotope 3 gallon drilled but everywhere i took it they told me it would probably shatter.........and jeffreys is the only one i've ever seen drilled. I think that portions of the glass are tempered if not all of it. Maybe the bottom piece is the only one that isn't? So I gave up and went with a HOB. If anyone else gets theirs drilled I'm jelous!

I really wanted to get my picotope 3 gallon drilled but everywhere i took it they told me it would probably shatter.........and jeffreys is the only one i've ever seen drilled. I think that portions of the glass are tempered if not all of it. Maybe the bottom piece is the only one that isn't? So I gave up and went with a HOB. If anyone else gets theirs drilled I'm jelous!

I've actually drilled a few picotopes. I have two 1" holes in the back of mine currently. They aren't tempered anywhere as far as I can tell.

Could you post any pics you have of your drilled picos? Also any sump/fuge setups with those you may have.

I posted in the drilled pico thread to stay on track.

airman_verde04

Can I just say!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

But you could start posting pictures on here so we dont have to follow links. THANKS! :)

YOU ROCK!

I've actually drilled a few picotopes. I have two 1" holes in the back of mine currently. They aren't tempered anywhere as far as I can tell.

Well I'm jelous........to bad I just made through my cycle

patrick1234

To keep all the fish in some one I for get who it is but they get lids made at a glass shop just for that tank may want to look in to that

not sure where your going with that. but Bonsi gets the lids made.

Are you guys interested in lids again? I could get an order going if we get 5+ people who want one.

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry I haven't updated this thread as much as I should. he tank is still up and running well and is pretty stable. The auto top off container holds about 7 gallons of water and only needs to be refilled once every 2 weeks. I no longer run the skimmer as I don't fell it is needed at the time. I built my own custom top out of 1/4 inch cell cast acrylic to prevent anymore desk surfing and to reduce evaporation as well. I added a 9w coralife actinic lamp and custom fitted it to the back of my Viper fixture and then later swapped the ballast and upgraded it to a 13w blue actinic. I'll post some Pics Soon.

• 7 months later...

Archived