Cultivated Reef

Weeber's Flaming Pico!

weeber

was mostly thinkin about it getting lost in the rocks. but so not tank size, tank mates. cool.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was mostly thinkin about it getting lost in the rocks. but so not tank size, tank mates. cool.

yah i think tank mates is the most important thing.

well my goby is coming out more and more i can realy on seeing him atleast twice a day. he usually comes out in the back of the tank and stays by his cave but occasionally he will come out a bit more. in fact one night i even saw him all the way out in front even on the glass! the only problem is he darts back into his cave if u even get 5 feet away. i am still very happy and i almost got pics of him today but i will keep trying. :)

From what I've read, in a big tank you will rarely see them..

yah that is true but if u dont have any aggressive tank mates or any at all you will see it more. it also helps to know where he hides. i think i got lucky and got a some what brave one but it might also be the fact that he is in a very small tank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

srry guys i havent been on the computer lately because i broke my thumb and it made it difficult to type and post pics but i got it off and wil try to post the best pics i have gotten of the flaming prawn goby. sadly i believe he has died a few days ago. :( i think it might have been the fact that i went on vacation for spring break and tried a home made ATO that might have put a little to much freshwater in and that made the salinity .023 and maybe lower. also it didnt help that they day i got back since i got back latethe person we had feeding the fish decided to feed them out of the kindness of her heart even though i didnt have any bols of the baby brine shrimp left. so she feed him a big lump of mysis shrimp which he didnt eat because they were to big. luckly that was only a few hours before i got home so i did some watrer changes for the next few days and got my salinity to accepetable levels but i still probably had an ammonia spike which might have done him in. it could still just have been his time to go as well :( i still am holding out a small amount of hope that he may just be hidding. :)

Oh no! I hope he's just hiding. They're good at that. ::fingers crossed::

Sorry about your thumb, too. That must suck.

Oh no! I hope he's just hiding. They're good at that. ::fingers crossed::

Sorry about your thumb, too. That must suck.

thanks and it did suck but luckly it was a water proof cast.

also good luck with ur goby and i would think he was hidding if i had a large tank but it is just that it is such a small tank and i used to see him everyday when i looked in his cave.

well something amazing just happened and that is that i just found my flaming prawn goby ALIVE. it turned out that some how he got throught the intake to the back chambers and must have been hiding in the refugium. today after school when i was doing maintenance on my thought to be empty dirty tank i saw him in the second chambe of two and the pad of filter floss with water trickling over him. at first i thought i had found the proof he was dead but then i saw him move but i thought it just mave have been the water movement. so i took the tray out with the floss and him in it and looked at him. he moved again so i immeaddiatly put the floss in the main tank and he swam off of it and rested a bit on the bottom before going into his usual cave. thanks for all of the belief guys. :)

Yay! :happy:

maybe InTank has a good fish saver for a pico?

lol

but seriously if it happens again i will have to find a way to prevent it. on another note i feed him today and i thought i saw him eat some cyclops-eeze. he deffinatly reacts to it. we will see if he likes baby brine shrimp when i get some more.

Archived