Cultivated Reef

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

This contest, no one cares. Enter as many as you like and enter as many tanks as you like. We all are adults here. Its the spirit of the contest mostly. Keep to the spirit and all is good. The mods of this contest all seem like good people. Just trying to have some fun and start some picos in the process. Easy rules, don't go over the size limits and after the 7th month, no more livestock. How well can you keep a pico reef. Good luck, I will be gunning for you, ;) along with everyone else. Yes the smack talk has started. Mark

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck, I will be gunning for you, ;) along with everyone else. Yes the smack talk has started. Mark

That sucks I think I have the smallest gun. :blush:

Yep what Deep Thief said. :D As long as you follow the criteria in the first post your tank can be in multiple contests. Good luck, Ill add you to the list!

Thanks Deep Thief. :happy:

That sucks I think I have the smallest gun. :blush:

I can't help it thats what she said. :lol:

Yep what Deep Thief said. :D As long as you follow the criteria in the first post your tank can be in multiple contests. Good luck, Ill add you to the list!

Thanks Deep Thief. :happy:

Not a problem Travis, I figured I wasn't answering a mod type question with my response.

Main thing is you will have to post a "dry" tank picture after the 1st of Feb with the "common household item" in the picture. The picture can be submitted anytime between Feb 1st and April 30th. Other then that 1 pic per month anytime within the current month and follow the 1 or 2 other rules/guidelines. Nice to see somebody with a lower member number then myself B)

:welcome: To the Pico Methodology Contest.

Nice to see somebody with a lower member number then myself B)

:welcome: To the Pico Methodology Contest.

Thanks, '02's RULE :P but 03's are a close runner up

Welcome! and I must say.. Thats a pretty sweet pico tank! Is that a vase?

Yep, it started out life as a glass vase, about 2 gallons.

Hopefully it finishes up life as a pico-reef ... way down the road somewhere fingerscrossed

-Rick

Thanks, '02's RULE :P but 03's are a close runner up

-Rick

01 rules!!

My account I started with is Schrader member #976 I joined sept 01 the year my daughter was born. B)

I can still log on under that name but it wont let me post on the forums for some reason. :angry:

01 rules!!

My account I started with is Schrader member #976 I joined sept 01 the year my daughter was born. B)

I can still log on under that name but it wont let me post on the forums for some reason. :angry:

The forums crashed at some point a little while ago and screwed everything up. I had joined back in 04 and then dropped out until Nov of last year. I went to log on and it wouldn't recognize me. My brother could see my name and that I had joined but I couldn't log in. I tried to contact someone but I got impatient and just joined under a different name. I should be like a member number in the 20,000 range. Then I finally contacted the admin and had them change my new name to my old one as this is my name on all the forums. Really sucks. I am such a noob! :P

Nice tank threads ... Is it my imagination or did the NC24 just pop up? More reading.... just skimmed it. Wow

Welcome. I think... :)

Damn nice CAD proto work !!!

01 rules!!

If only I had signed up to join N-R 17 days earlier, I too could have been an 01'er ;)

Nice to be in good company there are not many people still posting with numbers lower then 5,000. Look at it now almost at the 50,000 mark.

We have 17 people so far and its not even Feb 1st yet! Awesome! Good luck everyone, once I get these ideas in my head into a solid formation you're all in trouble.. ;) Im seeing some awesome builds so far honestly and cant wait now to see them full.

Heh and wish I would have got into SW earlier.. I got my first FW tank the day I was born.. but my dad always talked me out of starting a salt tank because of his bad luck with them in the 80s. Glad I finally decided not to listen to him 2 years ago. :huh: 08'er FTW?

but my dad always talked me out of starting a salt tank because of his bad luck with them in the 80s.

I guess I am an old man :tears: -- 1st reef tank 1988

Haha no just a wise man. My dads first/only reef tank was in like 1983 when I was a year old...

Well you got me on salt, first freshwater in the early 80's as a teenager

Wow, you even beat me.

I started my first Reef, a 38g, in '93.

I got you by 1year, first reef in 92

wow i wasnt even born in 88 lol

Damn, Now I really feel old. I was 18 in 88. I did more before you were born than I care to remember.

Archived