SaltCritters.com

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

Ok going back over the posts, here is who I think is in the contest so far (alphabetical order). If I missed someone it was not on purpose, just let us know and we'll put your name in.

1blackchicken

Bulldogpet

Carnifex

c_k_kuehne

Deep Thief

Growerguy

hemi

JoeD

Mustang Boy

Still undecided but we hope you enter:

Cuog

Weetabix7

I am excited about this --- going back into town tomorrow to buy a few parts I know will now work for my idea.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am excited about this --- going back into town tomorrow to buy a few parts I know will now work for my idea.

your idea? can you enlighten us? lol

1blackchicken

How ironic I just finished building my pico tank tonight after having to take down my 120 due to a move and decided to hop on and check out nano reef and BOOM there was a pico contest. Sounds fun to me count me in.

your idea? can you enlighten us? lol

Yea, do tell.

How ironic I just finished building my pico tank tonight after having to take down my 120 due to a move and decided to hop on and check out nano reef and BOOM there was a pico contest. Sounds fun to me count me in.

Awesome! Add another to the YES list.

Glad to have you. :D It was fate..

Yea, do tell.

Awesome! Add another to the YES list.

Its super secret... kidding I donno. :happy:

Gotcha 1blackchicken

Edited my original contestant post to add your name

As far as my idea --- hmmm not quit yet -- don't want to scare anyone off --- LOL

Ill try and keep the first post updated with contestants names and other info as well. When you all create a tank thread Ill link your name and your thread on the first post.

Everyone --- Please feel free to start you build thread as soon as you want --- just submit a dry tank photo with the named "household item". That pic needs to be submitted some time in Feb, March or April -- although the later you submit the less time you have to tweak the system and get it right.

The "household item" will be named on Jan 31st. The mods will pick a contestant who will decide on what "household item" to include in your 1st official submission picture.

can i use the same build thread im using for the other contest since im going to do both? it would be kinda insane to have 2 build threads about the same tank lol. also be prepared to have a few backup "household" items incase someone doesnt have that item because i know most single guys dont have all "household" items lol

Well if you don't have a fork, knife, spoon, shot glass etc.... maybe you need to move back home ;) j/k we'll make sure it's common enough. :D

can i use the same build thread im using for the other contest since im going to do both? it would be kinda insane to have 2 build threads about the same tank lol. also be prepared to have a few backup "household" items incase someone doesnt have that item because i know most single guys dont have all "household" items lol

Besides maybe you'll be the copntestant we pick to name the item B)

Well if you don't have a fork, knife, spoon, shot glass etc.... maybe you need to move back home ;) j/k we'll make sure it's common enough. :D

hahaha i do live at home booyah. i was talking more towards some of the other possible men that may live on their own because i know when i was living on my own while going to school there were quite a few things me n my roommate did without lol.

aahh i didnt totally understand that part about one of the contestants picking the item it finally made sense lol.

and what about using the same build thread i already started will it be cool to use it for both competitions?

hahaha i do live at home booyah. i was talking more towards some of the other possible men that may live on their own because i know when i was living on my own while going to school there were quite a few things me n my roommate did without lol.

aahh i didnt totally understand that part about one of the contestants picking the item it finally made sense lol.

and what about using the same build thread i already started will it be cool to use it for both competitions?

So the item could be a package of Ramen Noodles and you would have that. :D

actually i do have a few packs of ramen noodles lol

Well yea, if you are on your own and young, Ramen Noodles are a staple. Kinda like for college goers. I know there are a bunch that live on Ramen Noodles. No money and all. I am a little past that at this point in my life. Don't worry, just as broke.

i never was much of a ramen noodle eater my staple while i was living out my own was Mcdonalds and Sams Club food court(right across the street from school so it made the perfect lunch stop lol)

I dont see an issue with you using one tank thread for both contests. Just follow the criteria in the first post of this thread and you will be fine. :)

Looks like Im going to attempt to make my own tank over the next few days... :ninja:

i never was much of a ramen noodle eater my staple while i was living out my own was Mcdonalds and Sams Club food court(right across the street from school so it made the perfect lunch stop lol)

I have a buddy that went to Sams Club for lunch, he just went and got all the free samples. :lol:

Looks like Im going to attempt to make my own tank over the next few days... :ninja:

And what might your tank look like, do tell.

I have a buddy that went to Sams Club for lunch, he just went and got all the free samples. :lol:

lmao i didnt have time to do that plus id have to have like 4 of each of those samples to fill my appetite lol. i just got a slice of pizza(huge slices) and a 32oz coke for $2.65 perfect price for me

and cool i will be posting many many more pics than once a month because i like to take pictures anytime i do somthing different in the tank lol

And what might your tank look like, do tell.

his tank will have 4 sides and a bottom held together with silicone lol

Sams Club rules...

yea my roommate loved it he would borrow my sams card and stock up on liquor and beer lol

Best I can tell you right now is I may be going for what could best be described as a pico breeder tank.. deeper and wider. Guess we will see.

Best I can tell you right now is I may be going for what could best be described as a pico breeder tank.. deeper and wider. Guess we will see.

that will be sweet but in a pico contest that will hugely limit the height of the tank. what are you thinking for corals?

his tank will have 4 sides and a bottom held together with silicone lol

Maybe and maybe not. Thats why I am asking. What kind of competition am I up against.

As for you, I don't know if I am going to do a hex or not. The problem is, I am thinking about doing an AIO and if I make it a hex then the back where the filter area is would slant inward, and thats just stupid. So I might do a flat back hex. Don't know yet. I am about to start doing some calculations to see what the largest size I can get, while staying within my 5.5 DT size.

Archived