SaltCritters.com

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

Best I can tell you right now is I may be going for what could best be described as a pico breeder tank.. deeper and wider. Guess we will see.

Yea, I was thinking 10 tall, I thought about 12 tall but think thats too much for the room we have. The problem is building the reef. There is a certain way I like to build my reefs and it is not condusive to tall tanks, especially when they are so small. I need depth. Hell, I might even go 8 tall. Never know. I need to stop posting so I can start calculating. :huh:

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that will be sweet but in a pico contest that will hugely limit the height of the tank. what are you thinking for corals?

Oh I know. Looking at a 9in to 10in height right now. Its all in the planning process. If I go with shallow I may go for softies and LPS... Maybe work out a way to put some monti in later down the road.

im probably gonna stick with softies and LPS in my tank even with the height because i have absolutely no experience or knowledge about SPS. i might try an SPS or 2 around month 4-5 if i feel i have learned enough about them

hahaha sounds like you can add another quarter inch on to one of the sides lol

I just might :D especially if I take the thickness of the glass out and then add that back in to the size. I might get a little more volume. He he he

You kids are crazy -- but you have nothing --- watch me coming B)

Damn glad we can joke about tank size and setup instead of bickering about how much 2 zoa polyps will cost. And what about my used filter ??? J/K ;)

You kids are crazy -- but you have nothing --- watch me coming B)

Damn glad we can joke about tank size and setup instead of bickering about how much 2 zoa polyps will cost. And what about my used filter ??? J/K ;)

Everyone else can talk about their zoa prices. This name crap is BS! Captain America for like $20 pp, HA, NOT. its some BS blue and red zoa that someone gave some stupid a** name to and said "oh wait, now that I named it, I can charge 10x what its worth." As far as I'm concerned, you can keep your CA crap. I will buy some blue and red zoa's for cheap. Hell, I have a polyp or two that are yellow skirt with green center and yellow mouth/eye. Can I call them Lambeau Leap Packer zoa's. Hey thats an idea. Wait, Growerguy, you are from Wisconsin, I got some zoa polyps for you. Special, $100 per polyp. Don't worry, for everyone else, its $150pp. :D OK, rant over now. Its time for bed kiddos. See you tomorrow. Mark

I have a fairly detailed Shipping Tutorial I can post if it ever gets to the point in the contest where it is needed.

It's a little too early for that just now, we're still figuring this kinda stuff out, right?

I'll be shipping my corals stuffed in my undies drawer. According to GrowerGuy it's nice and cozy.

I'm curious to see what tanks people come up with..... I think there's going to be a good assortment.... Personally looking at 1806 in3 to 1837 in3 total water volume. :ninja: Pendant lighting.

1blackchicken

Glad to have you. :D It was fate..

It must be! After having such a large tank this should be interesting! I have never done a pico before but figured there was no time like the present to learn. I just could not make it without having a tank.

Haha nope not from Wisconsin.. right on the Iowa/Nebraska border in Omaha. I dont pay more then $70 for coral unless its something I really want, and even then it takes me awhile to talk myself into getting it. :D

I might set my pico up at the greenhouse to keep Carnifex from stealing my master ninja plan. :haha: I kid

Glad to have you. :D It was fate..

It must be! After having such a large tank this should be interesting! I have never done a pico before but figured there was no time like the present to learn. I just could not make it without having a tank.

Thats awesome! I couldn't make it without a tank also.. Check out El Fabuloso's Pico guide and his tank. Have a link in the first post. That will give you some ideas on keeping your pico. (not to mention his pico completely rocks)

Haha nope not from Wisconsin.. right on the Iowa/Nebraska border in Omaha. I dont pay more then $70 for coral unless its something I really want, and even then it takes me awhile to talk myself into getting it. :D

I might set my pico up at the greenhouse to keep Carnifex from stealing my master ninja plan. :haha: I kid

Sorry, don't know why I thought you were from Wisconsin. Might have been the alcohol last night. Anyway, I have some really nice red and white zoas, The guy that sold them to me said they were Husker Zoas. I have them on special right now for $69.95pp. and if you call in the next 10 min, I will double your order for free to 2 polyps, you only pay 89.95 shipping and handling for the second. :D

Sorry, don't know why I thought you were from Wisconsin. Might have been the alcohol last night. Anyway, I have some really nice red and white zoas, The guy that sold them to me said they were Husker Zoas. I have them on special right now for $69.95pp. and if you call in the next 10 min, I will double your order for free to 2 polyps, you only pay 89.95 shipping and handling for the second. :D

I counldn't stop laughing !! :haha:

don't be fooled by competitors... I have an uber nice sham wow that I can send out... scientists have yet to find a name for it. Yours free... $99.95 s/h... if you act now I'll throw in an extra ...

don't be fooled by competitors... I have an uber nice sham wow that I can send out... scientists have yet to find a name for it. Yours free... $99.95 s/h... if you act now I'll throw in an extra ...

Put me down for 4, let me know where I can send my Nigerian back acct info to.

1blackchicken
Thats awesome! I couldn't make it without a tank also.. Check out El Fabuloso's Pico guide and his tank. Have a link in the first post. That will give you some ideas on keeping your pico. (not to mention his pico completely rocks)

Yeah I read it already. Thanks. I thought that I would be able to make it without my tank but it has only been about 3 weeks and I cant stand it. There is a reason why they call it an addiction.

Archived