Innovative Marine Aquariums

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To bad i can't join, maybe next time. :) Good luck to everyone! i just started my tank too but still waiting on all my supplies and few things to modify.

As long as you can wait until Feb 1st 00:01 to take the original dry tank picture then you can enter this contest.

You really don't need that 1st picture until at the latest April 30th. No reason why you can't join as long as you haven't added LR and SW yet.

I actually like the idea of this contest. Too bad my budget is tight or I would enter both contests. Maybe if I sell some frags... :)

Well open enrollment until April 30th so start selling some frags -- :D

Somebody could actually ask, join and submit a FTS on April 30th and still be in this contest.

my tank is super empty, should check out my little tank in the pico selection. i am not sure i can join because i am having a baby on the way. I am having her next week on Feb 2-3 so the tank will have to wait a little bit longer. But my rocks is sitting in my neighbor tank for the moment. is that ok?

my tank is super empty, should check out my little tank in the pico selection. i am not sure i can join because i am having a baby on the way. I am having her next week on Feb 2-3 so the tank will have to wait a little bit longer. But my rocks is sitting in my neighbor tank for the moment. is that ok?

Yes that is OK --- there are many people who are joining and then pulling LR and corals out of there main tank. It's all OK. just watch for the Pico Methodology FTS thread on Feb 1st -- and then submit a picture in that and your build thread in this thread. All this just needs to happen before April 30th.

Congratulations on the soon to be baby. Take your time we would love to have you in the contest and you have plenty of time to have both --- a baby and a contest pico :haha: -- You can always name the pico after the baby or maybe the baby after the pico :haha: :haha: :haha:

You can join, not a problem, open enrollment until April, 30th. Welcome, if you wish to join, come on, it will be fun.

the baby after the pico :haha: :haha: :haha:

That is some serious hard core reefing right there. :o

Yes that is OK --- there are many people who are joining and then pulling LR and corals out of there main tank. It's all OK. just watch for the Pico Methodology FTS thread on Feb 1st -- and then submit a picture in that and your build thread in this thread. All this just needs to happen before April 30th.

Congratulations on the soon to be baby. Take your time we would love to have you in the contest and you have plenty of time to have both --- a baby and a contest pico :haha: -- You can always name the pico after the baby or maybe the baby after the pico :haha: :haha: :haha:

Speaking of names, I DON"T WANT "PICO METHODOLOGY" in my contest tank name...

Sorry... too little conflict here.... :happydance:omgomgomg omgomgomg

Can't wait to get started...

Deep Thief is stalking me, I think he should be DQ'ed.

You have been absent from this thread for a couple of days, go back a page and read. That has been disqualified. Stalking on the other hand is allowed. :ninja: I'm watching you.

Thanks you all for the good wishes! i think i will be having her soon! She kicking me all night so i can't sleep.

Thanks for having me in the contest, i will try my best to stay in and join you all. i can't promise a promise i can keep. So let see where my tank will go. fingerscrossed

Thanks you all for the good wishes! i think i will be having her soon! She kicking me all night so i can't sleep.

Thanks for having me in the contest, i will try my best to stay in and join you all. i can't promise a promise i can keep. So let see where my tank will go. fingerscrossed

Alright, more competition goin down!!!! Woo Hoo! Nothing like a little smack talk at the begining. I may have to eat crow, but you know. That is a nice tank you got there. Has that tank design ever been done before and used by someone? Or is that a brand new design? Mark

Sorry Weetabix7 we don't use that word around here -- :P

I put my first coral in my tank.I hope it doesnt get me DQ.

001-1.jpg

Sorry I had to. :P I am ready to start.I havent had a tank in several years!! :naughtydance::haha::haha:

Best wishes on the baby!! Ive been running around crazy with my son the last few nights...

Ill add you to the contestant list. :) Don't worry you have plenty of time to start the tank up and we will work with you.

im DEF gonna get in on thiss!!!

Sweet deal! Got you added to the contestant list.

I put my first coral in my tank.I hope it doesnt get me DQ.

Sorry I had to. :P I am ready to start.I havent had a tank in several years!! :naughtydance::haha::haha:

:happydance::slap:

I had to double take that picture... Then I noticed you don't have any water in the tank... Right?

Sorry guys Ive been on the run this last week.. and now Im off to fiddle lessons! :D

Sorry Weetabix7 we don't use that word around here -- :P

Lol, I was just joking around in response to what JoeD said. :lol:

I also feel somewhat obligated to pick on Deep Thief after he tried to weasel my secret Contest Plans out of me at the Frag Swap last weekend.

Well since 3 days isn't going to make a difference one way or another in a year long contest here's the deal -- since I know some of you are dying to get started.

You will need a dry tank picture with either a coffee cup or a shot glass in the dry tank. Take your picture today if you want.

Sunday Jan 31st at 11:55 pm I will make the FTS thread. You will need to post that dry tank picture in that thread to get you officially started.

I will go over the submission guidelines in that thread. They are very liberal but for the few rules/guidelines we have we do need people to comply. All it amounts to is the initial dry tank picture with coffee cup or shot glass and then one FTS per month submitted anytime within the current month --- what could be easier.

You can submit that initial dry tank picture anytime between Feb 1st and April 30th.

DO NOT post your official submission pictures in this thread -- wait for the FTS thread.

Lol, I was just joking around in response to what JoeD said. :lol:

I also feel somewhat obligated to pick on Deep Thief after he tried to weasel my secret Contest Plans out of me at the Frag Swap last weekend.

Hey you can't blame a guy for trying can you. :lol: Weets and I were standing at the frag swap listening for our raffle numbers and I quitely leaned over and asked her what she was going to do for the contest tank. I was trying hard to be very nonchalant (sic) about it. It was worth a try at least.

Well since 3 days isn't going to make a difference one way or another in a year long contest here's the deal -- since I know some of you are dying to get started.

You will need a dry tank picture with either a coffee cup or a shot glass in the dry tank. Take your picture today if you want.

Sunday Jan 31st at 11:55 pm I will make the FTS thread. You will need to post that dry tank picture in that thread to get you officially started.

I will go over the submission guidelines in that thread. They are very liberal but for the few rules/guidelines we have we do need people to comply. All it amounts to is the initial dry tank picture with coffee cup or shot glass and then one FTS per month submitted anytime within the current month --- what could be easier.

You can submit that initial dry tank picture anytime between Feb 1st and April 30th.

DO NOT post your official submission pictures in this thread -- wait for the FTS thread.

Alright then, I would be all over this full tank shot pic, if I had a tank. :o Mine is still in 7 pieces. :angry: Working on it though. So no worries, it will be up here in a couple of weeks.

On Feb 1st I will submit my FTS picture even though my system won't be ready for water for another week or 2. Going to try and get the HOB modified and the wood stained this weekend. Hopefully I won't have to work Sunday.

SWEET!!! B) O by the way my sand is wet because I couldnt get it all out from the fresh water test.There is about 1/2" of FW in the bottom of the tank from over a week ago.I will probly have to flush the system with new FW to clean it out from setting.

I am such a DA not DQ DA!I was so excited we could start 3 days ahead of time.I flushed the tank out with FW and then added my SW from my holding tank and forgot to take the picture. :blush: Time to take the tank down already.LOL

Archived