Top Shelf Aquatics

Unofficial Pico Methodology Contest

Growerguy

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tank has been in and out of the kitchen as my girlfriend says "is your fish tank in the kitchen again" but I know she can't wait to see the tank in action

airman_verde04

I got a pico set up for sale.. $135 shipped! I mean thing is as close as it comes to an AIO.. it comes with everything!! light/filter/stand/heater/thermometer/sand/rock/ I'll even send salt. it comes with even air pump design ATO, you only need to set the hoses into a water reservoir and mount the float switch..

2g pico for sale..

perfect for the contest.

I got a pico set up for sale.. $135 shipped! I mean thing is as close as it comes to an AIO.. it comes with everything!! light/filter/stand/heater/thermometer/sand/rock/ I'll even send salt. it comes with even air pump design ATO, you only need to set the hoses into a water reservoir and mount the float switch..

2g pico for sale..

perfect for the contest.

That is pretty snazzy!

Awesome tank and awesome build thread. Welcome to the Pico Methodology Contest.

GrowerGuy will get you indexed at the front of this thread and I'll get you indexed in the FTS thread.

Sorry guys if I fell behind a bit.. Ive got a nasty head cold. :(

Got cdelicath and cloons411 added to the contestant list! LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Its alright Wheetabix ;) just think about the tortoise and the hare...

Sorry I kinda have a fever and am a little loopy.

Welcome all you new people! and tanks are looking awesome so far guys and girls!

i know i cant wait to go rock shopping im just going to take the empty tank with me to make sure it will fit in the opening. how many "what the hell is he thinking" you think i get.

Well I went shopping today :) Got my RKL. Now I can start on my internal mount with remote buttons. Once that's complete I might actually be able to stain it all.

I also got my 1 piece of LR. Instead of taking the tank I took a tape measure and started measuring rocks :haha: It was a kewl piece -- 1 lb fiji -- nice and flat with good coralline coverage. Will have to setup a temp tank after dinner to hold it until I'm ready.

I'm gonna be a late starter.... :blush:

Better late then never. We are all looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Wowsers I just looked in my tank to see if I could see any hitchhikers yet... I've got tons of brittle starfish legs poking out all over, a margarita snail, and pretty big stomatella!

Sorry guys if I fell behind a bit.. Ive got a nasty head cold. :(

Got cdelicath and cloons411 added to the contestant list! LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Its alright Wheetabix ;) just think about the tortoise and the hare...

Sorry I kinda have a fever and am a little loopy.

Welcome all you new people! and tanks are looking awesome so far guys and girls!

Somehow I always end up being the Hare.... <_<

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm gonna be a late starter.... :blush:

Does your husband know you are late? :haha::haha::haha: Sorry, I couldn't pass up that one, you left yourself wide open. Mark

Somehow I always end up being the Hare.... <_<

Hope you feel better soon.

Heh I get a little overly excited sometimes and end up being the Hare also sometimes.. :lol:

Thank you. I hate being sick.

Oh shoot, I'm all confuzzled, I meant I usually end up being the Tortoise.

But hey, we all know who's the winner in that race, amirite??? ;)

Does your husband know you are late? :haha::haha::haha: Sorry, I couldn't pass up that one, you left yourself wide open. Mark

He just knows he likes the end product. :D

Is it okay not to have water in my tank yet until who knows when is the due date to add water into the tank? because i am still behind of building my LEDs light fixture other then that i should be ready in no time.

My sand, rocks, corals and my paired Green banded gobies will come in from a special friend of mine. She gonna sell me some nice frags of her soon, sold i asked her to hold it off for me until i am ready. Will that be ok? :wub:

Is it okay not to have water in my tank yet until who knows when is the due date to add water into the tank? because i am still behind of building my LEDs light fixture other then that i should be ready in no time.

My sand, rocks, corals and my paired Green banded gobies will come in from a special friend of mine. She gonna sell me some nice frags of her soon, sold i asked her to hold it off for me until i am ready. Will that be ok? :wub:

Time is no problem, I know you have until at least April 30th and maybe longer. There really is nothing in the rules that says you have to add water then. The only thing the rules state is that you cannot add anything to the tank after August 30th. Just keep posting a FTS, empty if thats the way it is, every month. All you need is one pic a month, thats it. Have fun with it. It shouldn't be a PITA, it should be fun. Thats the way I read the rules anyway. Mark

Deep Thief basically has it right. Just enter 1 pic per month with whatever progress you've made. Basically you have till Aug 31st to get it up and going and all the kinks out. After that no new equipment and no new livestock till the end. Obviously the sooner you get it up and going the more time you have to work out any problems.

This is a no pressure/no worries type contest B)

No worries! :D

Ive run in to a bit of trouble myself... A whole week with freshwater and the tank doesnt leak a bit. Add saltwater and everything and a tiny leak springs up! Had to drain everything into a bucket and add silicone. Its all good now hopefully...

I just completed my first ever coral purchase by mail. And they survived! Now I just have to wait for them to open.(Black Sun Coral)

Very cool! Ive ordered fish and crabs/snails by mail but never coral in the 2+ years Ive been in this hobby...

All Glory to the Hypnotoad's Pico!

I'm pretty new to this site and reefing in general, but I know I would be kicking myself in a few months if I didn't get in on this. I figure having a bunch of experienced reefers successfully pulling off what I will be attempting on the same timeline will be a great learning tool. And hey, a year is a longtime to figure out if I'm some sort of reefing savant prodigy. All kidding aside this seems like it will be a lot of fun. Oh, and excuse me for the ostentatious thread title. I could not resist. :lol:

All Glory to the Hypnotoad's Pico!

I'm pretty new to this site and reefing in general, but I know I would be kicking myself in a few months if I didn't get in on this. I figure having a bunch of experienced reefers successfully pulling off what I will be attempting on the same timeline will be a great learning tool. And hey, a year is a longtime to figure out if I'm some sort of reefing savant prodigy. All kidding aside this seems like it will be a lot of fun. Oh, and excuse me for the ostentatious thread title. I could not resist. :lol:

:welcome: to Nano-Reef and the Pico methodology contest. Glad to have you aboard. If you have any questions just ask away and someone will help. Mark

Archived