Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquabacs' 50 Gallon Azooxanthellae Tank build

Aquabacs

I live less than 20 minutes from Greenwich Aquaria so they are my LFS :) Jason will ship anything, anywhere for you. He ships a lot of extremely rare fish and corals to private collectors throughout the US.

It is difinately a reason for sheduling. Sounds like you are busy like me, it is one of the few tools that can help with balancing ; work, reefkeeping and family life. Another good thing is that you can record additional reefkeeping notes in the task section or your daily calendar and look back at it. It will help with good consistant reefkeeping. I use Outlook over a single aquarium specific program because it simplifies things for me to have everything in one program that is sync'd to my home & work computer, cell phone, etc.

Mike

Cool. Thanks alot! I'll give the scheduling a shot. I already use outlook for my emails so it shouldn't be any harder to use the calendar and tasks.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on your tank on reefbuilders.

You've done some great work!

-Dave

Looks great, tagin along.

This is going to be an incredible NPS system. What kind of feeding regime are you going to be using ?

Thanks!

The current feeding regime is listed here on

Glassbox-Design

Mike

Cool. Thanks alot! I'll give the scheduling a shot. I already use outlook for my emails so it shouldn't be any harder to use the calendar and tasks.

The only thing that takes time, is the intial set up of what you want to schedule. For example, you want to do a water change on Saturday; set a reminder 24 hours in advance to you can make up the RO water & mix salt, so on Saturday the water will be ready to use. Make this a reoccurring event, so you would one have to type this in once, and set the reoccuring event for as long as you want. You can do the same for testing water, feeding, change filter material, cleaning skimmer, etc.

Mike

awe man those are awesome! my LFS got some in but I held off knowing they'd be so hard to keep :(

Edit: spelling

awe man those are awesome! my LFS got some in but I held off knowing they'd be so hard too keep :(

Thank you.

They are not overly that hard to keep, depending on the crinoid. Probably the hardest part is finding a healthy specimen and make sure you provide proper nutrition daily. Once you cover those two parts it just takes a little patience and dedication. One thing to consider with any type of filter feeder, always use caution and think twice when using chemicals/additives and medias. A simple change to correct an issue in your aqaurium can have a greater effect in the water column and quickly kill a crinoid.

Mike

It's awesome that it can be done, you really should do a write up on NPS and other filter feeders (if you haven't already)

I knew that I would not be able to care for them properly in my setup or with my budget. hopefully things will change once I graduate, but i've got a few more years to go.

It's awesome that it can be done, you really should do a write up on NPS and other filter feeders (if you haven't already)

I knew that I would not be able to care for them properly in my setup or with my budget. hopefully things will change once I graduate, but i've got a few more years to go.

I am working on writing up two articles. I have to submit them in the beginning of May. I will post a link on my thread once they become available online.

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

Mike

Nemo Niblets

Borbonius anthia! I get very jealous each time I look at this tank thread. NPS... Borbonius anthias... When I grow up, this is the tank I want.

Borbonius anthia! I get very jealous each time I look at this tank thread. NPS... Borbonius anthias... When I grow up, this is the tank I want.

He is a very interesting fish to watch. One of the few fish that you should definitely own.

Mike

IMG_5343-1.jpg

IMG_5344-1.jpg

Today my "rescue" Archohelia Rediviva colony arrived from Cherry Corals. It looks like it has a lot of potential. Visually reminds me more of an SPS coral. Should be a month or two before it turns into a show stopper.

Mike

IMG_5344-1.jpg

Today my "rescue" Archohelia Rediviva colony arrived from Cherry Corals. It looks like it has a lot of potential. Visually reminds me more of an SPS coral. Should be a month or two before it turns into a show stopper.

Mike

:tears: i'm so jealous. tears of envy.

will definitely be keeping up to see how it does for you~ hopefully i can get my hands on a piece down the road...

:tears: i'm so jealous. tears of envy.

will definitely be keeping up to see how it does for you~ hopefully i can get my hands on a piece down the road...

Thx. The piece is a monster. It is a little over 4 inches by 3 inches.

Mike

Wow, that's all I can say. This tank combined with the Cardinal Cube I just saw on Reef Builders really makes you a truly original reefkeeper.

Any tips or advice on how to keep rocks together without falling?

Archived