Top Shelf Aquatics

Aquabacs' 50 Gallon Azooxanthellae Tank build

Aquabacs

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

DSC_0053.jpg

First part of my automatic refrigerated food dosing system. This will be use to help aid in my liquid dosing of foods to my aquarium. The refrigerator is large enough to add a second 4 pump Bubble Magnus slave pump.

The plumbing is going to be set up like this:

refrigerator.jpg

This amazing set-up belongs to Steve Weast and is used on his Coldwater aquarium.

Mike

sounds sick, is this fitting in your stand?

Thanks.

The refrigerator is next to the stand as well as my chiller.

Mike

lg-052510-205a1.jpg

Dendrophyllia gracilis

I ordered this showpiece yesterday and should be coming in on Friday.

Mike

Decided to move my aquarium a few feet to better accommidate the chiller and refrigerated automatic feeding system. Thank God I have stone flooring so it wasn't overly difficult to move full.

Mike

Video up on my

colony

The colony of Dendrophyllia gracilis I picked up from Live Aquaria. It arrived in good physical shape. Coral's polyps seem to be weak an the colony will require work to have full polyp extension. (FM LPS+ food is shown in a few of the polyps) Additional videos of this coral will be posted as the colony progresses.

Sorry for not posting up too many pictures lately. My wife dropped my favorite camera when we were at a wedding and I am waiting for a new one to arrive.

Mike

What a beautiful Dendro colony, must've cost a pretty penny.

Can you go into more detail in regards to your refrigerated feeding setup? A diagram would be nice :)

What a beautiful Dendro colony, must've cost a pretty penny.

Can you go into more detail in regards to your refrigerated feeding setup? A diagram would be nice :)

DSC_0053.jpg

Sorry I dont have a diagram drawn up that I can share. But I can give a description of the system.

There will be a 1/2" pvc pipe going through the front/center of the regerator. The manifold will be made from 3- 1/2" T's which the top of each T will have a threaded adapter that will acept a 1/4" John Guest fitting. Between the Bubble Magnus dosing pump and the T's there will be 3- 1/4" John Guest shut off valves. The Bubble Magnus pump will dose up to 24 individual feedings a day. For right now I will be dosing Reef Nutrition Rotifeast, Oysterfeast, and most likely the third wil be Cyclop-eeze. The refrigerator is the last step in the plumbing in my system before the 2 return pipes. So the food will be broadcast fed into the aquarium.

In the end it is to look very close to Steve Weast's system except I will only have a line manifold instead of a 5 line as he does..

refrigerator.jpg

Mike

very cool! if you could do a build thread for it that'd be awesome! I also thought that dendros were photosynthetic... I'm just confused I guess.

very cool! if you could do a build thread for it that'd be awesome! I also thought that dendros were photosynthetic... I'm just confused I guess.

Thank you.

I will think about a seperate thread but most likely I will keep the build within this thread.

Mike

jeremy0411
Thank you.

I will think about a seperate thread but most likely I will keep the build within this thread.

Mike

+1 for build.....great idea to refridgerate an autodosing feeder......bravo my friend......bravo -_-

Thank you.

Mike

Cool either way, I won't have to bookmark another thread if ya keep it here.

and is that a new crinoid at the top of the page? looks sweet!

Cool either way, I won't have to bookmark another thread if ya keep it here.

and is that a new crinoid at the top of the page? looks sweet!

I picked it up from a different source, it is new but not doing well. It is a chance you can take with getting crinoids. When I get some of my crinoids I will get them direct from the wholesaler, they dont go into the aqurium shops' tanks. (store picks them up and I acclimate them to my tank) I take the chance by doing this but I receive the crinoids a lower cost.

Mike

+1 for build.....great idea to refridgerate an autodosing feeder......bravo my friend......bravo -_-

Thank you

jeremy0411
I picked it up from a different source, it is new but not doing well. It is a chance you can take with getting crinoids. When I get some of my crinoids I will get them direct from the wholesaler, they dont go into the aqurium shops' tanks. (store picks them up and I acclimate them to my tank) I take the chance by doing this but I receive the crinoids a lower cost.

Mike

nice vid....I also love your new dendro.....I miss my 30 head dendro that I lost due to 95* water ****ing faulty heater :angry:

nice vid....I also love your new dendro.....I miss my 30 head dendro that I lost due to 95* water ****ing faulty heater :angry:

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your dendro...that really sucks.

Video of my other

Mike

The new colony I started nursing with Fauna Marin LPS+ pellets and Cycplop-eeze. I painstakingly fed almost every single polyp one pellet, let it sit for a half hour and then turned back on all the pumps in the aquarium.

Mike

Tonight was monthly sump TLC Night :D

Disassembled & scrubbed my skimmer, cleaned the return pump, cleaned media reactor, basic wipe down of the sump, drain and refill.

Mike

Archived