Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquabacs' 50 Gallon Azooxanthellae Tank build

Aquabacs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_0024-1.jpg

Been searching for this beauty for a while and she is here! Holanthias fuscipennis.

Time to thank the people who made this happen...

Rufus Kimura for catching this beautiful anthias at 375 ft off of Oahu

Randy Donowitz from Manhattan Reefs who remembered I was looking for the longest for this fish and got the deal rolling

and

Dominick Cirigliano of Diamonds of the Reef who hooked me up and got the fish in for me. Dude you rock!

If you guys are looking for high quality fish you should hit him up.

Mike

Wow that anthias is amazing!!!

wow its really cool you know the whole supply chain. and yeah thats a true beaut. any new FTS??

Thanks guys!

FTS...soon ;)

Mike

Been searching for this beauty for a while and she is here! Holanthias fuscipennis.

Time to thank the people who made this happen...

Rufus Kimura for catching this beautiful anthias at 375 ft off of Oahu

Randy Donowitz from Manhattan Reefs who remembered I was looking for the longest for this fish and got the deal rolling

and

Dominick Cirigliano of Diamonds of the Reef who hooked me up and got the fish in for me. Dude you rock!

If you guys are looking for high quality fish you should hit him up.

Mike

Wowzers, beautiful. Love your tank :bowdown:

IMG_0030-1.jpg

The new set-up can be controlled better now. My refrigerated autofeeding system is now set up and connected to my Profilux 3. All four foods are set to dose through out the day and additional feedings can be dosed by pushing the red buttons on the dosing unit itself. Also, you will notice there are no JG fittings in there Humidity is not an issue inside the refrigerator and everything is sealed as well.

Mike

Thanks guys! I think this is the final version of the refrigerated feeding system for now. It is fully controlled by the Profilux 3 and the only thing I need to add to it is a humidity sensor and possibly a leak detection sensor.

Mike

Thanks dude! It is the only one that I know of or should I say the only one I have seen in aquarium trade outside of being published. He is very interesting when you see him start changing colors. Somtimes his pattern is dark to match the rocks or close to white to match the substrate...but he is a super cool fish.

Mike

animalmaster6

Are they pretty well tempered? I'm pretty sure I can't do it in my upcoming 125g because it will have pretty much mostly pygmy gobies (Bryaninops, Eviota, Gobiosoma, Trimma, Elacatinus- sp?) All different gobies. I assume the False Scorpionfish has similar behavior to the smaller true scorps?

Can we see a new FTS? :) This is one of the coolest tanks I've seen. Coincidentally I was just a few minutes ago looking at this.

• 1 month later...

Archived