SaltCritters.com

Aquabacs' 50 Gallon Azooxanthellae Tank build

Aquabacs

Is it a pain to feed them?

For the non-photosynthetic LPS it is easy feed them once you get good polyp extension but you need to keep up on the feedings. For the gorgonians, since they are suspension feeders, they need food constantly in the water column. You need to find the balance in your tank of feeding to nutrient export. Automating the feeding takes the hardship of manual dosing foods throughout the day.

Mike

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Mike that's an awesome setup. I haven't looked at what else you have done lately and just decided to drop by, but that fridge idea is just brilliant. I'm gonna go check out the rest of the thread when I have some more free time. Just checked out some videos as well and it's all looking amazing. I'll keep a closer eye on how things work out with the auto feeder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_0008.jpg

Refrigerated Autofeeder 2.0

Just finished replacing a few parts in the frig, eveything glued, and waiting for Monday to test for leaks.

Mike

Thanks Stephen!

The venturi in the new version of the autofeeder will prevent any flooding if the lines off the dosing pump break or come un-done from the PVC manifold.

Mike

IMG_0008.jpg

Refrigerated Autofeeder 2.0

Just finished replacing a few parts in the frig, eveything glued, and waiting for Monday to test for leaks.

Mike

Wow mike.!!!That is absolute genius...I would love to see it in action.Was that hard to setup?

IMG_0062-2.jpg

This is the original version.

It went together pretty quick, it took longer to get all the parts than build it ;) I might exchange the dosing pumps with the GHL version so I can control it better though my Profilux 3. I will see if I can take some video of it in the next few days. Plan is to run watter back through it Monday night.

Mike

Thanks! The original concept was based upon a design by Steve Weast for his coldwater system. The idea of adding a venturi was based upon discussion on RC and suggestion by Matt Wandell.

Mike

Archived