Pod Your Reef

Aquabacs' 50 Gallon Azooxanthellae Tank build

Aquabacs

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FTS was taken before I took a quick pic of my little monster

That's an awesome piece of coral. I've never seen it that big in the stores. Is that one of the hot pink sun corals or a different coral?

thats an awesome sun coral! Aquabacs, what do you feed all of your nps? I have a nps nem and have no clue how to take care of it.

That's an awesome piece of coral. I've never seen it that big in the stores. Is that one of the hot pink sun corals or a different coral?

It isn't a sun coral. :) It is one of the largest "firecracker" coral colonies (Dendrophyillia or Balanophyllia waiting on positive skeleton ID) that have been shipped into the US.

Mike

wow. very impressive. most of the corals I've never seen before.

sounds like alot of work between the manual feedings and bi-weekly water changes. lots of time/patience which i lack lol :bowdown: glad you were raised up knowing how to properly maintain the tank thou. congrats again.

Thanks guys!

Congratulations! Now I gotta ask. Where do you get all your sexy corals? :D

Well I will give you one shop that has amazing corals and that is Greenwich Aquaria. Jason's store is second to none. If you want it, Jason can get it for you. Tell him Mike sent you.

wow. very impressive. most of the corals I've never seen before.

sounds like alot of work between the manual feedings and bi-weekly water changes. lots of time/patience which i lack lol :bowdown: glad you were raised up knowing how to properly maintain the tank thou. congrats again.

To keep me on track with everything I need to do, I live by Microsoft Outlook. At my job and at home. I set up any task I need to do, put it into outlook, and use it to remind me. It doesn't matter if is doing a water change, feeding, or any tank maintenance I set it up as a reoccurring task.

Mike

Thanks guys!

Well I will give you one shop that has amazing corals and that is Greenwich Aquaria. Jason's store is second to none. If you want it, Jason can get it for you. Tell him Mike sent you.

To keep me on track with everything I need to do, I live by Microsoft Outlook. At my job and at home. I set up any task I need to do, put it into outlook, and use it to remind me. It doesn't matter if is doing a water change, feeding, or any tank maintenance I set it up as a reoccurring task.

Mike

Thanks. That is one sweet store. The best looking store I have seen. Do they ship it to you or do you go over there?

I thought about setting up a schedule for myself. The only hard part is sticking to it, especially with two toddlers. :lol: It's probably more reason for me to actually have one.

Thanks. That is one sweet store. The best looking store I have seen. Do they ship it to you or do you go over there?

I thought about setting up a schedule for myself. The only hard part is sticking to it, especially with two toddlers. :lol: It's probably more reason for me to actually have one.

I live less than 20 minutes from Greenwich Aquaria so they are my LFS :) Jason will ship anything, anywhere for you. He ships a lot of extremely rare fish and corals to private collectors throughout the US.

It is difinately a reason for sheduling. Sounds like you are busy like me, it is one of the few tools that can help with balancing ; work, reefkeeping and family life. Another good thing is that you can record additional reefkeeping notes in the task section or your daily calendar and look back at it. It will help with good consistant reefkeeping. I use Outlook over a single aquarium specific program because it simplifies things for me to have everything in one program that is sync'd to my home & work computer, cell phone, etc.

Mike

Archived