bulldogpet

Jamie

skeet103

hemi

pismo reefer

Mbladecki

surrealreef

evodragon

yay lots of competition for me to crush but the more the merry so keep on joining so u can meet ur demise. :P JK but seriously keep on joining people its starting to get fun.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If livestock dies you have to keep it on your budget. If you want to upgrade your lighting, it all has to be within one budget.

ok just so i have this clear. say i start with T5HO lighting then in a couple months i want to upgrade to MH i have to include both lighting setups under the $350 budget? or will only the second light be included in the budget?

animalmaster6
ok just so i have this clear. say i start with T5HO lighting then in a couple months i want to upgrade to MH i have to include both lighting setups under the $350 budget? or will only the second light be included in the budget?

It would still be $350. No Refund.

That's why we are giving everyone all this time before adding livestock, water, rock, sand because we want ppl to decide which equipment they want and not feel rushed so they won't make equipment mistakes.

greAt!

Hlander

Mustang Boy

Weeber

Tanngu87

expensive_hobby

bluefunelement

Weetabix7

miniwhinny

bulldogpet

Jamie

skeet103

hemi

pismo reefer

Mbladecki

surrealreef

evodragon

AwesomE! The more the merrier omgomgomg

animalmaster6
ok just making sure. ill go with the T5HO for the competition and once its over ill upgrade to MH i think.

What if you want SPS in the contest...

hahahaha i think SPS are above my skill level right now. plus i think 108w of T5HO should be suffecient for some of the hardier SPS if not hopefully nanotuners will have the new T5VHO bulbs out with new ballasts for my NEP like they are hoping to have. then i would have 180w of T5VHO and that will definitely allow me to grow some SPS lol.

and if all else fails i might be able to afford the MH in my budget if i dont upgrade the bulb in the pendant lol that is if i did my math right with the 75% of the NEP with the price of new bulbs added on.

What if you want SPS in the contest...

Unless it's a really poor quality light, you can easily keep SPS under T5HO, esp. in a Pico since they're so shallow.

Unless it's a really poor quality light, you can easily keep SPS under T5HO, esp. in a Pico since they're so shallow.

its definitely not a poor quality light its a Nova Extreme Pro 20in. so im sure i will have no problems at all lol but at the very most i will only add one MAYBE 2 SPS in the last couple months of the contest.

animalmaster6
its definitely not a poor quality light its a Nova Extreme Pro 20in. so im sure i will have no problems at all lol but at the very most i will only add one MAYBE 2 SPS in the last couple months of the contest.

good plan! What SPS were you thinking? Or is it secret...

Also how much was the light?

i have not decided on which SPS yet because i do not know alot about them. i will probably do more research and pick from the hardiest ones. there is also someone in the classifieds section here selling SPS frags for a great price and im thinking they may be hardier species because he has them offered at newb prices lol.

also you are going to hate me when you hear how much i got this light for...... $50. i bought a 46g bowfront tank with a reef octopus skimmer and a little bit of live sand, a 60w T8 light and a sturdy TV stand as a stand, it was priced at $100 and he told me for a total of $150 he would include this NEP so i took it lol. i also got 2 koralia powerheads for $10 each, a K1 and a K3.

Just started following Nano Reef again been out of touch for some time, but I like the contest and am thinking of joining. Question is if I have some equipment laying around I have to use the New Price are can I call it used. Don't know what I will build but have wanted to do a pico for some time. I will post before the 25th if I enter.

the only piece of equipment that you have to worry about the price on is the light. if you already have it i would say(dont take my word for it wait for hlander to speak up) you could use the used pricing which i believe he has outlined as 75% of the cost it is brand new from dr.fs or marinedepot whichever is cheaper.

animalmaster6
lfs has alot... for the low.

Ive just never had anywhere to put them!

:D

I love Panda Gobies!

My lfs had one that was .3 of an inch! It was tiny!

I have a 5.5 AGA is this tank too big.

your water volume would be under 5gal after you add LR and LS so i dont think so

Sorry yes it is

thats with no lr or ls and filled to the brim

with lr and ls and filled noramly his water volume is going to be about 4gal

Archived