Pod Your Reef

Ricordea Florida GB? CLOSED!

SbCaes

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, it looks like I have 3 people who want to split shipping with me. It will be around 60 ric's.

Can I choose what color I want, or is it random?

Okay, it looks like I have 3 people who want to split shipping with me. It will be around 60 ric's.

random. even distribution

For people not going on the Florida one. Shipment date will be mid to late January. so we have some time =)

I really didn't want any green or blue, but something just occurred to me. At $6 a pop, I wonder if I couldn't just order double what I want, and sell the extra to my LFS at cost. Feasible?

I'd much rather for his sake. keep it to one person picking up from him. as he is the "true" diver kind of person and doesn't want to deal with tons of ppl coming over to just pick up a tiny bit of product. He usually sells to wholesalers only and in 100-400 ric lots.

so if you guys in florida can work together to get a big order together that would be best. =) lmk guys!

I think this would apply.

So your diver friend wil ship them to you and you will ship them to us? And we can pick the colors we want? Also I am getting some people to combine shipping with me so we might be getting a lot of rics so it would what would shipping be like for around 30 rics and 5 st thomas shrooms? Can't be just $4.95 plus $1 box fee right? Oh and thank you for setting this up for us. I am super excited about this. I love rics!

For people not going on the Florida one. Shipment date will be mid to late January. so we have some time =)

Oh thanks haha. I missed that somehow.

Actually, if shipping is that cheap it would be better just to ship individually especially due to the random distribution. Otherwise it might get messy.

Otherwise it might get messy.

Its already messy, im confused as heck:

Let me see if i get this right... I dont even know where to start...

SbCaes gets everyones money and pays diver?

Phishy picks up local FL members order, while the rest get shipped to SbCaes?

So the diver is going to divide up the orders himself? say 60 to Phisy and 60 to SbCaes?

Adding in the St thomas will confuse this on top of who gets what.

I'm in Jersey, who do i get rics from? Phishy or SbCaes?

So then im paypal-ing money to SbCaes for the rics, then shipping costs to Phishy if shes shipping?

Since Phishy is closer, i would think shipping would be cheaper.

If all this is done via paypal, there is going to be a good chunk of money lost due to transaction fees.

(us to sbcaes to diver?) Is this going to get passed back on us to make us pay them? I doubt the diver is going to want to be $100 short because of multiple transactions getting taxed.

Since theres no alive arrival guarantee, what if a good chunk of rics die on the way to SbCaes?

Is there going to be a margin for error here (extra rics) or is some member getting screwed out of rics?

Its just all chaotic it seems, i think the original post needs to be edited with 100% how this is going to work out.

To clear things up a bit, I am only picking up Florida orders. I am not shipping anywhere else, and as of right now have only a couple confirmed orders that are pick up from me. I think SbCaes wants to keep the diver from going nuts with orders. He's not shipping to anyone but SbCaes and then he'll take it from there. I dont think this is very complicated, but people have made it so.

id like 8 rics and a bright brightly colored flower anemone if possible shipped to iowa 51503, however, it be best if each ric was in its own bag to reduce number of cacualties.. since iowa winters r so cold.

would love

2 blue

2 green

2orange

2 purple,

if cannot accomidate, id prefer to replace with orange pinks..

Also, a red saint thomas. and an $8 one

when will you be able to tell me if u can get flower anemones ?

Ok I'm meeting him for local pick up the day after Christmas, so any Florida buyers need to have their orders paid by Friday, December 25th at 10 pm. Since I'll meet him in person, it MAY be possible to choose colors, so in your pm tell me what you'd like but please know there are NO guarantees whatsoever. Shipping will run $15 for USPS Priority Mail. This is taking into account boxing materials. Add 3% of total (including shipping) for paypal fees. I'm not making nor charging any money for shipping. A medium sized flat rate box will be used which runs $11.65 with tracking, plus double zip loc bags, and styrofoam lining. The $4.95 SbCaes quoted is for a small box that will fit a video tape and I don't feel is adequate for shipping rics. However, if anyone wants to go that route I will gladly accomodate them but those boxes won't fit anything but a ziploc bag, no styro.

Sample order: 5 rics = $30 + $15 sh = $45 + 3% paypal = $1.35 = total to paypal $46.35.

Ok I'm meeting him for local pick up the day after Christmas, so any Florida buyers need to have their orders paid by Friday, December 25th at 10 pm. Since I'll meet him in person, it MAY be possible to choose colors, so in your pm tell me what you'd like but please know there are NO guarantees whatsoever. Shipping will run $15 for USPS Priority Mail. This is taking into account boxing materials. Add 3% of total (including shipping) for paypal fees.

Sample order: 5 rics = $30 + $15 sh = $45 + 3% paypal = $1.35 = total to paypal $46.35.

Hey,

Are you going to be shipping these out the day you pick them up or can you hold on to them for a few days? I am assuming he is just going to give you one big bag full. I ask because I will be out of town until the 30th or 31st and couldn't have them shipped to me before that, but I would definitely like to get some.

-Ryan

Ok I'm meeting him for local pick up the day after Christmas, so any Florida buyers need to have their orders paid by Friday, December 25th at 10 pm. Since I'll meet him in person, it MAY be possible to choose colors, so in your pm tell me what you'd like but please know there are NO guarantees whatsoever. Shipping will run $15 for USPS Priority Mail. This is taking into account boxing materials. Add 3% of total (including shipping) for paypal fees. I'm not making nor charging any money for shipping. A medium sized flat rate box will be used which runs $11.65 with tracking, plus double zip loc bags, and styrofoam lining. The $4.95 SbCaes quoted is for a small box that will fit a video tape and I don't feel is adequate for shipping rics. However, if anyone wants to go that route I will gladly accomodate them but those boxes won't fit anything but a ziploc bag, no styro.

r u gonna be able to ship to the florida buyers who can not pick up from u?

I'm having some second thoughts and need some clarification.

There is no arrival gaurantee, which I understand, and was willing to live with because I though as a resident of SC, relatively close to FL, it would be a pretty short trip.

Am I now understanding correctly that the rics will travel from FL to CA and then back to SC? 6000+ miles???

This seems fraught with peril. It seems like they should all ship out of the east coast.

Those on the west coast gain nothing by having them shipped there first. While those on the east coast have their shipping time and distance doubled!

Is there any way this can be altered? Can there be a third option for east coasters not in Florida, or can someone take the place of SbCaes as the one shipping?

If someone shipped them all from Florida, for example, or from another eastern state....Westerners would get them all the same time and the same distance, but Easterners could cut 3000 miles off the shipping of their corals.

________

With such a long trip, this also makes me think about what happens to DOAs at various stages of the trip.

If 10 people order 10 rics...and only 80 show up alive to California, does that mean 10 people get only 8 shipped to them....or would there be preference given to some?

Basically, 6000+ miles of travel when I'm like 600 miles away from the diver has me concerned.

_________

Maybe if there is enough quantity, we could have two group buys for the same diver and it would still be worth his time. IE. 150 rics each coast?

Just thinking out loud here.

MyLittleGremlin
Thanks for doing this SBCaes and phishyaly..

I am located in Missouri.... so who is shipping to the midwest? I would prefer the Ricordea be shipped from the person in Florida who is aquiring the Rics from the Diver. Also, I am located in the Kansas City metro area in Missouri I will need a 40 Hour Heat Pack and would prefer individual bags per Ric inside a styrofoam box even though I have to pay more for shipping with Priority Shipping to 64029.

Once details are worked out... I will place my order.

Thanks

i wouldn't worry to much about distance. The 2-3 day margin on Priority Mail is somewhat affected by distance, but the recipient's address is more important. For example, (from Florida) Priority Mail is 2 days to Los Angeles, and more often than not, 3 days to SC, because there is no major airport in SC, etc....

Archived