inTank Media Baskets

Ricordea Florida GB? CLOSED!

SbCaes

I am sorry. Please believe me when I say I am deeply sorry.

As an aside, I'd like everyone to note the following: Adding a heat pack was MY idea. 1) It was not promised by me AT ANY TIME. 2) It was not paid for by ANYONE on this group buy. 3) The use of one was not required, or even mentioned, by ANYONE on this group buy. I included them in order to help those that were in frigid cold weather in various parts of the country. Had I held on to the rics any longer than I did, I would have been hounded even more than I was (via pm).

Furthermore... by ordering in this group buy, you agreed to the following (found on the first page):

In an effort to make things simple. No color requests everything will be evenly distributed.

And AGAIN there are no live arrive guarantees. (how could you even have one with these prices.... they are how much retailers pay for their primo rics & and no retailers dont have a live arrive from their divers...

HOWEVER if you insist on pming me about it:

AND HAVE TO HAVE LIVE ARRIVE FROM ME WHEN I SHIP please add 8 dollars per polyp cost i'll gladly accommodate like any retailer would) and again if you do want live arrive. +8 per polyp and you MUST take overnight shipping priority mail will not suffice. (i hope this clears up any questions regarding live arrive.... if it wasn't made clear many times before....)

I apologize if any of this has come off rude. but there has just been WAYYYYY too much confusion over a 6/polyp ricordea group buy.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its sad when there are losses, but i am in weather that is 40 below with the windchill and i had ccritters sent me a ric via priority 2-3 day mail and it arrived alive and totally happy... This can be hit or miss.

I got mine today and am TOTALLY stoked. They look great and are mostly rainbows (though the background colors are light). Hopefully they make it through tonight with the previous mention of an overnight melt.

Thanks a ton Phishyaly for the effort you undertook to spread this deal!

Glad at least someone's happy!

Whatever you guys do, DONT dip the rics in anything - nit Lugols, iodine, nothing. Remember that these guys are stressed from shipping and dipping them will only stress them further.

musical reefer

I had one that looked halfway melted this morning. But the others are looking really good. Definitely worth the attempt. The snails are all over the place and waiting until Monday to go to three different tanks. The are all pretty happy.

I have the rics sitting in a tupperware on the bottom of the tank. The lightest purple looks as if to be the only casuality which I think is incredible with the cold we had. I will take pictures on Sunday or Monday when I return to the tank at work. (almost want to check on them tomorrow too).

Thanks Aly for the work and extra help you gave the corals. I know as a fellow teacher to give up your time off says ALOT. Good luck with the rest of the school year!

Yeay! I was worried about you; I'm so glad they made it okay!

I was worried about me too. haha.

I don't think anyone has uploaded any pics of their orders, so I thought I would go ahead and show mine off.

My new ricordia carpet

samplem.jpg

I thought I would post a better picture when I could take my time.

Everything except the Yuma on the left came from the group buy.

mushroomgarden.jpg

To those of you who lost in this group buy:

I understand your frustration, but my hands are tied. I tried to pack everything well, and even went out of the way by including heat packs in some orders, despite me having to pay $3 a pop for them.

The rules and risks of participating in this group buy were spelled out in detail early on. I myself lost 5 rics while holding them for people and had to give from my own. This was in addition to the money I spent for heat packs, the gas I spent in picking them up from the diver, as well the time I spent packing and shipping them. No one reimbursed me for any of that, despite the fact that I had losses. Please understand.

Archived