Pod Your Reef

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

its a really nice coral. definitely one of my faves in my 10 gal.

make sure its sweepers never reach anything around it though. check at night often if its attacking anything.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its a really nice coral. definitely one of my faves in my 10 gal.

make sure its sweepers never reach anything around it though. check at night often if its attacking anything.

I think it's safe at the moment where it is.

great, still a mystery then why the birdsnest corals are doing worse than the others...

Yeah I don't know. Water parameters all check out fine.

expected. shame too he was cool :( RIP damsel. you really out to had a lid on these tanks. not worth killing fish for the rimless look...

expected. shame too he was cool :( RIP damsel. you really out to had a lid on these tanks. not worth killing fish for the rimless look...

I'd happily put a lid over the tank if there was one available.

the tank looks great!

Thanks.

Probably going to pick up some sort of shrimp or crab tomorrow. I can't stand for this thing to be coral only.

Thinking about moving the contents of this tank to a standard 10g tank. I already have a 10g tank, stand and heater. Only thing extra I would need is a good light, bigger HOB filter, more rock and sand. Thoughts?

always better to work with a bigger water volume. the only concern now is avoiding shock of the move for your inhabitants.

what will you do with your pico then?

Hey, I'm thinking about getting the JBJ 3g pico for my mom's birthday, so I was looking at some of the JBJ 3g threads and came across yours. Your tank looks very nice, especially with that par 38. Its a shame you lost so much livestock, but I really do like how your tank looks. Good luck moving into the 10g, I have a 10 myself and love it.

hahahah WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So right after I posted that, I checked my thread and saw your comment.

hahahaha so weird

Thanks Peytonk.

I think I am going to move everything over to a 10g at some point. I just need to find a solution for lighting and decide whether or not I want to drill it and create a sump or use a HOB filter. I have everything else. A local reefer has a 20" 70w Sunpod for sale but I'm not sure that would be enough light for what I want to do with the tank. OR I could buy another PAR38 and rig the two of them over the 10g somehow...

Anyway, I have some good news. I found a nice size Yellow Clown Goby at my LFS today and I saw it eating. So I decided to get it. I'll probably have to rig some acrylic as a top to keep it from going carpet surfing. I also got 3 Sexy Shrimp. Yay.

Nice YCG ..! I have a yellow and a green in my 3g hex and they do great in picos. My hex doesn't have a top and they have been in there over a year. I think they just like to hop around on the rocks and lay in my Kenya Tree, but better to be safe than sorry! And they shrimp are a great addition too!

Thanks guys.

I'm in the planning stages of upgrading to a 10g tank. I love the pico but I don't love the limitations that come with it. A 10g will give me a little more freedom yet still be easily movable should I need to move it.

At the moment my two problems with the 10g are filtration and lighting. I would prefer to drill the tank and have a sump instead of using an HOB filter. Only issue with that is that I know nothing about drilling tanks or plumbing. The other problem is lighting. Do I buy another PAR38 and somehow rig the two over the 10g? Or do I buy a used 20" Sunpod or something? I don't want T5's as they're too limited at 20" in length and I don't want to put a 24" fixture over a 20" tank. That just looks funny to me.

You could do the aquaclear 110 mod and have good flow and a fuge in a nice little package. As far as the lighting, if you like the par38 get another one...two of them over a 10g should be great. Not to mention the ease of just screwing in a lightbulb! Just my .02$

You could do the aquaclear 110 mod and have good flow and a fuge in a nice little package. As far as the lighting, if you like the par38 get another one...two of them over a 10g should be great. Not to mention the ease of just screwing in a lightbulb! Just my .02$

The problem with the PAR38's is somehow rigging two standard lamp fixtures over the tank.

how do you like the MP10 on the 3gal couse im thinking about getting one?

The MP10 is overkill for a 3g. I mean, it works great. But I have it turned all the way down at the moment.

Archived