Innovative Marine Aquariums

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

Thanks Newman! This tank may go through a drastic change if I decide to order the PicoAquariums.com Barracuda. I just can't pull the trigger on it yet. It's pricey... but I would really like the built-in filtration. I'm not a big fan of this Aquaclear filter and I think the tank is kind of ugly with all of the equipment visible. We'll see though...

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont get one! I need to pay rent I cant afford to upgrade my tank yet :P

I think I'll buy a Barracuda when I sell my Solana. Which will hoepfully be soon!

That pic of the birdsnest just gave me another item to add to my cincy frag swap checklist.

That and a lobo.

Lobo's are cool. I just don't have room for any. :(

Start the "Clavius85 donations for barracuda tank and sps and such" thread. LOL

:lol:

The day I do that is the day I need to get out of this "hobby".

:lol:

The day I do that is the day I need to get out of this "hobby".

hahaha agreed. :lol:

I forgot to thank you for helping me out with the osmolator problem I had. I haven't had a problem since I switched to two magnets. BIG help.

Thanks,

I forgot to thank you for helping me out with the osmolator problem I had. I haven't had a problem since I switched to two magnets. BIG help.

Thanks,

Hey no problem. Glad I could help. I had to switch to the two magnet configuration on this pico.

Hey no problem. Glad I could help. I had to switch to the two magnet configuration on this pico.

I have one more problem that I need help with B)

I'm about to buy a tunze 9002 skimmer, but I'm not sure about doing the modification to the magnet... How hard was is it to remove it? What did you use, and did you break the moId (like many people have)? I really need a better skimmer, and I don't think any other good skimmer fits in the first chamber.

I have one more problem that I need help with B)

I'm about to buy a tunze 9002 skimmer, but I'm not sure about doing the modification to the magnet... How hard was is it to remove it? What did you use, and did you break the moId (like many people have)? I really need a better skimmer, and I don't think any other good skimmer fits in the first chamber.

It wasn't too hard to remove. I can't remember what I used. But yes, I did break the mold in the process. It was a small hole and I just took a piece of plastic from a CD case and glued it over it. To be honest I wasn't very happy with the 9002 in my Solana. It just wasn't consistent. But it could be that I just never got it dialed in right. It's unfortunate that there aren't any more skimmer options for the Solana.

Well I haven't seen the goby in days. Considering my luck with them it's probably dead. It just never showed any interest in food. So I got a Yellowtail Damsel to replace the goby. It's a pretty small one. And if by some miracle the goby were to turn up then I would easily be able to catch and sell one of them.

Yayyyyy! Finally a fish! Looks like a perky little fella :)

This fish is definitely more interesting than any yellow clown goby. And I won't have to worry about it nipping at corals.

Archived