Coral Vue Hydros

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

Yeah, the asking price for the barracuda is a little steep to say the least. Why don't you mod the picotope into an AIO? maybe buy an acrylic sheet and silicon it to make a small overflow? I'm thinking about doing that. I saw a guy on here that did that but added to the volume of the tank.

If I didn't already have my picotope up and running with livestock I would definitely consider making it into an AIO. But if I were going to take everything out of the tank I would rather transfer it a to either a nicer or a bigger tank.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goby was out in the back corner of the tank. So I decided to feed the tank. Stupid fish didn't go after anything thing. I tried Prime Reef Flake, Instant Ocean Cyclopeeze Gel, Tetra Microcrabs (cyclopeeze granules), Hikari Marine-S pellets, Nano Reef Fish Food... EVERYTHING I HAVE. Nothing. :angry: :angry:

coralmorphologic.com

Maybe another combined order in our future?

That 4-pack of rics for $35 is a deal. I would do that right now except I need to save money for the frag swap on Saturday.

I'd do it too except I bought:

A new heater

A new MH light

More Live Rock

A Fuge light

I am buying stuff off of Ryan

And stuff to build a frag rack and a lid.

Speaking of which you need any eggcrate?

wow I just remembered you have a picotope.

damn I am dumb.... I am really dumb fo real...

(antoine dodson approved this message)

wow I just remembered you have a picotope.

damn I am dumb.... I am really dumb fo real...

(antoine dodson approved this message)

hey coastie i tried to pm you but your inbox is full. i should be around this weekend and i have paypal if you wanna go that route. just let me know... sorry for taking over your thread clavius :D

hey coastie i tried to pm you but your inbox is full. i should be around this weekend and i have paypal if you wanna go that route. just let me know... sorry for taking over your thread clavius :D

No problem.

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't get this goby to eat. I guess I"ll have to go buy some frozen food tomorrow and see if it goes for that...

Do it!!! Make this a frag tank and get the barracuda... Lol sorry, that's what I would do.

:lol:

The whole point of me breaking down and selling my Solana was to lessen the time I spend on aquarium maintenance. But now with this pico I think I'm going to end up spending more time on it than the Solana! But that's ok. The maintenance is easier at least.

I really can't have two tanks up and running. That would break my "one tank" rule that I have set for myself. The reason I want the Barracuda is because it has built-in filtration in the back. And while I like my JBJ Picotope I don't like looking at it and seeing the Aquaclear and all the equipment hanging off of it. I wish somebody locally would buy my Solana. Then maybe I could justify ordering a Barracuda.

The whole point of me breaking down and selling my Solana was to lessen the time I spend on aquarium maintenance. But now with this pico I think I'm going to end up spending more time on it than the Solana! But that's ok. The maintenance is easier at least.

I really can't have two tanks up and running. That would break my "one tank" rule that I have set for myself. The reason I want the Barracuda is because it has built-in filtration in the back. And while I like my JBJ Picotope I don't like looking at it and seeing the Aquaclear and all the equipment hanging off of it. I wish somebody locally would buy my Solana. Then maybe I could justify ordering a Barracuda.

I wish i still had the cash to take that solana off your hands but i dont :( how about we work out a payment plan... say like $5 a week over 40 weeks? hell we can make it $6 a week and you will make $40 extra for interest :D

I wish i still had the cash to take that solana off your hands but i dont :( how about we work out a payment plan... say like $5 a week over 40 weeks? hell we can make it $6 a week and you will make $40 extra for interest :D

I just put it on craigslist for $250. I think that's a deal. For $250 you get the 34g Solana tank, modified Tunze 9002 protein skimmer with inTank collection cup, wood frame kit, glass top, the stand I built and any other accessories that the tank came with. I hope I get somebody interested in it... then maybe I could get that Barracuda! :o

I totally agree with you on the AC thing. Im sick of looking at mine as well. The barracuda is pretty sweet but it does come with a high price tag for a 3g.

I totally agree with you on the AC thing. Im sick of looking at mine as well. The barracuda is pretty sweet but it does come with a high price tag for a 3g.

Yeah it is pretty pricey. But, I'm in a situation where I probably won't be able to have a "real" reef tank for several years. A "real" reef tank being something in the 30-40g range (a 40b is my dream tank). So I'm considering the Barracuda because it has built-in filtration, it looks nice and it's probably well made with higher quality materials than my JBJ. So if I have to have a tiny reef tank I would at least like to have a pretty nice one...

I thought about doing one but I think my minimum size tank would have to be a ten gallon. I have one on my dresser and in my living room. One is a fresh water tank and the other is holding my coral until my new light gets in. Well at the least I guess I'd do a 5.5. Im just cheap and would rather do just a plain old box aquariium.

Archived