Cultivated Reef

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

I guess it would be asking too much for this clown goby to do something other than hide back near the filter intake. Like come out and perch on the rock or something...

:lol:

My clown goby used to hide all the time but once they realize nothing is going to chomp them they will come out and perch. As far as the heater goes, I keep mine set to 80 degrees and it keeps my water at about 78.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

My clown goby used to hide all the time but once they realize nothing is going to chomp them they will come out and perch. As far as the heater goes, I keep mine set to 80 degrees and it keeps my water at about 78.

What wattage is your Stealth? Mine is 25w.

What wattage is your Stealth? Mine is 25w.

I have the 50 watt one. Im not sure what your weather is like locally but around here it gets pretty cold in the winter and I keep my heat low to save money :P . I dont know how much of a difference 2 and a half gallons of water makes but I found a 25 watt couldnt keep up.

I have the 50 watt one. Im not sure what your weather is like locally but around here it gets pretty cold in the winter and I keep my heat low to save money :P . I dont know how much of a difference 2 and a half gallons of water makes but I found a 25 watt couldnt keep up.

I'll give this 25w one some more time before I look into switching.

Oh man, I just looked over at the tank and the YCG is out swimming around! What a relief. I hope that's a sign that it's doing ok.

Really nice picotope you have there. I really like the color and age that the live rock gives to the tank.

Thank you! And good luck with your Pico. They are cool little tanks.

Oh man, I just looked over at the tank and the YCG is out swimming around! What a relief. I hope that's a sign that it's doing ok.

It took my buy a few days before he was comfortable to be out with the other fish. He eventually took a Montipora Plate as his new home and would just sit there and watch the other fish, darting out for food every now and then. A little before I list him he would go hang with my two clown, about as close as he could get to them while still hanging onto the gladd. It was pretty funny to watch.

REDBULL !?

Now there is a company that understands the time involved when aquariums are being constructed.

Not just Red Bull... Red Bull Cola! Stuff is amazing.

I went lightly poking around the rock with a plastic stick to see if the goby was hiding somewhere. Ended up lifting both rocks out and found him in a little cave on the back of the bigger rock. He's still alive!

Dragged my buddy to a local aquarium shop here in Pittsburgh.... this place looked SKETCHY!!!! Walked inside and it was wall to wall aquariums. Unfortunately for me they had all of 6 salt tanks. They did have a pico though that housed a pistol. They said he had terrorized their aquascaping.... (You'd figure that someone who works in a fish store would know what pistols do). It looks pretty cool! I may still save some dough and set up a little 5-10 gallon plain boring square.

Nice! It's funny how they can still hide so well while being bright yellow in a tank that small.

Yeah I was fearing the worst as I hadn't seen it since last night. It didn't come out when I fed the tank earlier. Hopefully it will start eating here in a day or two.

Dragged my buddy to a local aquarium shop here in Pittsburgh.... this place looked SKETCHY!!!! Walked inside and it was wall to wall aquariums. Unfortunately for me they had all of 6 salt tanks. They did have a pico though that housed a pistol. They said he had terrorized their aquascaping.... (You'd figure that someone who works in a fish store would know what pistols do). It looks pretty cool! I may still save some dough and set up a little 5-10 gallon plain boring square.

Have you seen the Mr.Aqua tanks that MarineDepot.com sells? I had a 7.5g 12" cube that I got from them that was really nice for the money. I gave it to my brother and he is now setting up a pico tank with LEDs. His thread is around here somewhere.

Nice looking tank. I need to go get some aquamend putty or something. I have some coral that needs to be placed.

Like the monti placement. Gonna have plenty of room to grow (relative to the size of the tank :lol: ). Im trying to find a spot to put a monti cap in but I think it will shade too much due to the way my rock work is

Like the monti placement. Gonna have plenty of room to grow (relative to the size of the tank :lol: ). Im trying to find a spot to put a monti cap in but I think it will shade too much due to the way my rock work is

I almost put it on the left side of the front piece of rock. It would get the most light there. But I think I'm going to put other SPS there eventually. Monticaps are one of my favorite corals. But I think this is the only piece I'll put in this tank. There just isn't much room considering how they grow.

EDIT: Bill, do you have a tank thread?

Nah I dont have a tank thread atm. I am gonna make one once my tank looks respectable. Right now I have a bunch of zoa plugs lying around on my sand bed that I need to frag off some onto my LR and my acros havent fully encrusted their plugs yet so it looks kinda ghetto. After my mp10 comes in im gonna grab a crap ton of sps and then probably start a thread.

Just realized that I need to buy another RO/DI as I sold my Mighty Mite. Kinda wish I hadn't now. But at the time I was planning on getting out of the hobby for good. So I think I'll go with another Mighty Mite as it worked perfectly for me and only cost about $100. Unless you guys have any other recommendations...

Just realized that I need to buy another RO/DI as I sold my Mighty Mite. Kinda wish I hadn't now. But at the time I was planning on getting out of the hobby for good. So I think I'll go with another Mighty Mite as it worked perfectly for me and only cost about $100. Unless you guys have any other recommendations...

Ive been in the market for an RO/DI as well. I have been using distilled water but am getting sick of running back and forth. I have heard some good things about mighty mites...might have to check them out.

Archived