Innovative Marine Aquariums

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

Have you been to Aquatica up in Louisville? The one YCG I had was bought from there and it ate anything I put in the tank, even competed with the clowns and sixline. Unfortunately, one day I watched my YWG attack and kill him, maybe they looked too similar, IDK. He was definitely my favorite fish at the time.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an emerald in my tank and he almmmoossst got taken back to the store. He started munching on my gsp ten minutes after I bought it. I got him to leave it alone and he hasn't touched it since. I think I didn't have enough for him to eat. They aren't as entertaining as I was expecting, they are actually quite boring but I don't think I will have any algae problems.

ok sorry, I just like my emerald a lot. IMO he's easy to take care of and he keeps my rock sparkly clean. anytime I come near the tank he races out of his hiding place and threatens me with his claws raised up in the air lol. i think he likes his 3 gal territory. other than that he just hangs around the rocks and picks at them all day long.

@Coastie: I find that they like to trim corals sometimes, whether new arrivals, or sick or dying polyps and tissue. IMO the crab is a great janitor of my tank. I have never seen him eat anything healthy. that said I cant recall any times i've actually seen him eating a coral.

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna do an emerald. And I'm sure as hell not gonna do any GSP, lol. It looks cool but that stuff is a damn WEED.

I learned my lesson with that tank. GSP and Xenia :huh:

Have you been to Aquatica up in Louisville? The one YCG I had was bought from there and it ate anything I put in the tank, even competed with the clowns and sixline. Unfortunately, one day I watched my YWG attack and kill him, maybe they looked too similar, IDK. He was definitely my favorite fish at the time.

Nope, never been to Aquatica. I've heard lots about it but just haven't gotten up there yet. Sucks that your YWG killed him. :(

ok sorry, I just like my emerald a lot. IMO he's easy to take care of and he keeps my rock sparkly clean. anytime I come near the tank he races out of his hiding place and threatens me with his claws raised up in the air lol. i think he likes his 3 gal territory. other than that he just hangs around the rocks and picks at them all day long.

I think they're cool crabs. And I'd probably put one in a larger tank. Just not this tank. ;)

haha I learned my lesson with that tank. GSP and Xenia :huh:

I really like the look of both. But I saw a thread over on ReefCentral showing a tank that had been overrun with GSP and Xenia and it scarred me for life. :lol:

I really like the look of both. But I saw a thread over on ReefCentral showing a tank that had been overrun with GSP and Xenia and it scarred me for life. :lol:

You sure that wasnt my tank :lol:

lol can you post a link to that tank please? I would like to see this as i cant even grow GSP in my pico (maybe i got a whiny type but it just doesn't like the pico, grows fine in my 10 gal nano)

And I used to have this thing against xenia, but am finally going to try out pom pom xenia in my 10 gal. maybe if it grows well ill put a little in my 3 gal and see what happens :P

EDIT: lol posted link when i was writing this response.

I have an emerald in my tank and he almmmoossst got taken back to the store. He started munching on my gsp ten minutes after I bought it. I got him to leave it alone and he hasn't touched it since. I think I didn't have enough for him to eat. They aren't as entertaining as I was expecting, they are actually quite boring but I don't think I will have any algae problems.

One big reason I took mine out is about a week after introducing them into the tank, I bagan to see small nips that had been taking out of my two clownfished fins. As soon as I took them out, their fins healed up. Call it a coincidence, but I'm happy to let them have all 29g of my sump to themselves and a couple of banished hermits.

If you want me to scope something out at aquatica let me know I live like 5 minutes from there. Tried to go today but they weren't open yet, though it was 110 and they opened at 1. Oh well no biggie I just wanted water. I am coming out to Lexington next week so I may be able to deliver something out there if you need it.

My GSP is on it's own SMALL little island. I love the way it looks though.

One big reason I took mine out is about a week after introducing them into the tank, I bagan to see small nips that had been taking out of my two clownfished fins. As soon as I took them out, their fins healed up. Call it a coincidence, but I'm happy to let them have all 29g of my sump to themselves and a couple of banished hermits.

Well you can't have anything messing with your clowns! I had a Six-Line Wrasse that I loved but it got aggressive towards the smaller of my two clowns which made me: :angry: So the Six-Line had to go!

that tank looks great, idk why it scarred you lol. I'd prefer that look as opposed to the many frags lying around my 10 gallon right now haha.

that tank looks great, idk why it scarred you lol. I'd prefer that look as opposed to the many frags lying around my 10 gallon right now haha.

On one hand it looks kind of cool. But on the other hand it is :o

Well you can't have anything messing with your clowns! I had a Six-Line Wrasse that I loved but it got aggressive towards the smaller of my two clowns which made me: :angry: So the Six-Line had to go!

I am all too ready for that day. The sixline is the oldest fish in my current tank (Bought a fish from ___ ________ out here in nicholasville, didn't quarentine, killed everything but the sixline) but it hasn;t bothered anyone yet. If it does turn though I am fully prepared to remove it.

Thats prettty cool. Contemplating gluing my GSP to the back wall as we speak. I'll prob get drunk and end up doing it.

I've always thought that a tank with a GSP carpeted bottom would look pretty cool. Provided that you could keep it from growing up onto the rocks.

do it! (get drunk and do it)

idk man, I really like the natural look of it. I am one of those people who don't like cluttered reef tanks with like 20 different kinds of coral.(which is why i am not a huge fan of my 10 gal right now lol) I guess i just like simple setups :)

Well ry05coupe and I are about to go overboard on some mr coral corals... fortunately they are all little haha.

I am already looking to upgrade my tank. I don't like this extra tall thing it's annoying to stick your arm all the way in your tank to mess with anything on the sand!

Well ry05coupe and I are about to go overboard on some mr coral corals... fortunately they are all little haha.

Wish I could get in on that with you. But I don't want to put a bunch of new corals into the pico and have them die on me after what happened with my cleaner shrimp.

Its all good, you two could carpool to the frag swap november 6th though!

Would love to. But I work in retail. Fat chance of me getting a Saturday off!

Archived