Top Shelf Aquatics

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 22g CAD will be delivered tomorrow (and hopefully in one piece). So these will probably be the last photos of this pico before I take it down and move everything into the CAD.

DSCF2395.jpg

DSCF2400.jpg

DSCF2401.jpg

DSCF2406.jpg

DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2410.jpg

DSCF2412.jpg

DSCF2413.jpg

DSCF2414.jpg

DSCF2415.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

DSCF2419.jpg

DSCF2420.jpg

DSCF2421.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this tank will be around a little longer than I had expected. To make a long story short, I'm not going to have a CADLights 22g tank. So now I'm on the lookout for something else. And I'm dead set on setting up a larger tank. Which brings me to my next point. The Clown Goby, Citrinis that I had in this tank died the other day. It just never showed much interest in any of the foods I tried to feed it. And I tried a lot of different ones from frozen, flake, to pellet. So basically I give up on any type of Clown Goby and will never buy another one. To replace the goby I got a tiiiiny True Perc today. This little guy is maybe an inch long. But it is already eating! I love clownfish. Oh, and don't flame me for putting a clown in a pico. I know what I'm doing. And if for some reason I don't have a bigger tank up and running soon then I will sell the clown. ;)

Also, I cleaned out a bunch of corals. Basically the only ones left are my Duncans and the SPS. Unfortunately the Candy Canes began to look bad. More and more of the skeleton began to show and it didn't look good for it long term so I pulled it.

I will post an updated FTS soon.

interesting. good to see the SPS doing well.

They seem to be doing ok. I think the problem is the PAR38's optics. They're too narrow. But I can't raise the light fixture any higher. So I've tried to keep from frying the SPS by moving the light away from them.

which optics did you get again? 80?

Unfortunately no. This particular ecoxotic PAR38 that I have has 40 degree optics. Way back when I ordered it I knew nothing about optics.

Archived