Cultivated Reef

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

Last order I did was from PetSolutions. Decent sized frags and prices are reasonable. I generally order from their Pick of the Reef section.

Rudi

Ive purchased a lot of dry goods from PetSolutions, including my Solana. I'll have to check out their livestock.

And I'm off on the 6th so I'm planning on going to the frag swap!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kewl stuff. dont you just hate it when you bought a bunch of stuff from online, and then days later you realize that you forgot some stuff and you have to go and buy more stuff? that usually happens with me and DFS website.

speaking of liveaquaria, my experience with that is the same as everyone else - very expensive with shipping involved, but coral lives.

Went to Aquatica in Louisville today. I just went to have a quick look as I was pressed for time but I ended up walking out with two items. A nice little frag of Torch coral and a multi-headed piece of red Trumpets/Candy Canes with green centers. I fragged the trumpets into 3 pieces and put them on discs. I'll probably sell them locally. I will post up some pics in a minute...

Went to Aquatica in Louisville today. I just went to have a quick look as I was pressed for time but I ended up walking out with two items. A nice little frag of Torch coral and a multi-headed piece of red Trumpets/Candy Canes with green centers. I fragged the trumpets into 3 pieces and put them on discs. I'll probably sell them locally. I will post up some pics in a minute...

I may be interested in one of those trumpet frags.

I have that torch in my 10 gallon, please tell me how he does under LEDs :)

Seems to be doing well so far. Not fully opened yet but it's slowly working on it. Hopefully it will do well under the LEDs.

Really like the candy canes. I usually dont like the typical ones but that color combo is pretty awesome. Also liking the purple torch. You are doing a good job at picking out unique corals. In a small tank like this you gotta choose wisely :P .

I also just got my MP10 in. I have it running at either 3 or 4 in Reef Crest. I have to say this thread really put me over the top to buy one and its the best purchase Ive made for my tank (maybe ever :lol: ). Thanks for putting the thread together!!!!

Looking good man, how's the goby?

Still alive. I just saw it a minute ago. But I don't think that it's eaten anything yet . I may go pick up some frozen mysis or brine shrimp and see if it goes for that.

...wishing I had known about PicoAquariums.com before I bought the JBJ Picotope...

Ouch. me too. I ordered a picotope last week as I'm now using my previous 2.5 quarantine as a top-off reservoir.

Dude those are like solana minis.

:mellow:

...wishing I had known about PicoAquariums.com before I bought the JBJ Picotope...

:lol:

Wow just today I was thinking...man I should have gotten a tank from picoaquarium.com. I am starting to hate my set up and his tanks are really slick. I hear he makes custom builds as well...I would love a 24x12x10 aio.

edit

Jees its getting late...I meant 20x14x10...

I'm really wanting the Barracuda at the moment. A pico with built-in filtration looks so nice compared to my JBJ with all of this equipment hanging off the back of it. $130 is a lot of money though. I could maybe swing it if somebody bought my Solana. But at the moment I'm not sure I could do it.

I'm really wanting the Barracuda at the moment. A pico with built-in filtration looks so nice compared to my JBJ with all of this equipment hanging off the back of it. $130 is a lot of money though. I could maybe swing it if somebody bought my Solana. But at the moment I'm not sure I could do it.

Yeah, the asking price for the barracuda is a little steep to say the least. Why don't you mod the picotope into an AIO? maybe buy an acrylic sheet and silicon it to make a small overflow? I'm thinking about doing that. I saw a guy on here that did that but added to the volume of the tank.

Archived