Top Shelf Aquatics

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how is that birdsnest doing for you? it looks like its tissue is receding and the tips are getting cyano on it in the last photo

Yeah that one birdsnest isn't looking so hot. I think it's looking a little better since I moved the light up a bit. But the cyano on the tips is a problem that I'm really not sure what to do about. Any suggestions? I thought a bout taking an old toothbrush to it to get the cyano off.

Well if you want to frag a piece and stick it under my halides to see if we can make that piece recover let me know. Think it might be lighting?

Nice!

Was your damsel shy at first? Mine was out a lot the first day I got him, and it seems like lately he's just been hiding out <_< Maybe he just has too many places to hide.

Nice!

Was your damsel shy at first? Mine was out a lot the first day I got him, and it seems like lately he's just been hiding out <_< Maybe he just has too many places to hide.

Thanks.

It was shy for a few hours. But it eventually came out. Now it swims all over the place and plays in the current of the Vortech.

Thanks.

It was shy for a few hours. But it eventually came out. Now it swims all over the place and plays in the current of the Vortech.

Ugh. Wish mine would do that! I ordered a Koralia that I'll pick up from Aaron this weekend, so maybe he'll like that. What do you feed yours?

This fish will eat nearly anything and I have a lot of different foods on hand. But lately I've been feeding it Ocean Nutrition Nano Reef Fish Food, which are tiny pellets. I also feed Prime Reef flakes that I soak in some tank water (and occasionally Selcon) before adding to the tank.

This fish will eat nearly anything and I have a lot of different foods on hand. But lately I've been feeding it Ocean Nutrition Nano Reef Fish Food, which are tiny pellets. I also feed Prime Reef flakes that I soak in some tank water (and occasionally Selcon) before adding to the tank.

Thanks! I'll have to look out for something more tempting!

sara some fish just take a while to settle in and get hungry enough to eat (I'm guessing at the store they feed all damsels prepared foods or at least frozen. doubtfull that it was exclusively live food so i wouldnt worry). When i got my clownfish they didnt eat for 4 days and I was stressing out, but eventually they started to eat prepared food.

That's true. When I got my sixline wrasse it took him two days to start eating mysis, and a week and a half to eat flake foods. And without a doubt my yellow tail blue damsel (rip) took the longest to come out of his hidin place. Give him a week or two.

sara some fish just take a while to settle in and get hungry enough to eat (I'm guessing at the store they feed all damsels prepared foods or at least frozen. doubtfull that it was exclusively live food so i wouldnt worry). When i got my clownfish they didnt eat for 4 days and I was stressing out, but eventually they started to eat prepared food.

That's true. When I got my sixline wrasse it took him two days to start eating mysis, and a week and a half to eat flake foods. And without a doubt my yellow tail blue damsel (rip) took the longest to come out of his hidin place. Give him a week or two.

Thanks guys, good to know!

how are the corals doing? especially the birdsnest?

They all seem to be doing fine except for the two birdsnests. I'm not sure what the deal is with those two.

IMG_1681.jpg

Archived