Coral Vue Hydros

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great, it would be a shame if this one jumps out too :( Citroen clowns are good size gobies for a pico like ours.

Yeah, it's going to go in my 10g when I get it set up. Which will hopefully be in about a month.

they usually have a yellow-orange coloring... strange, maybe its a different type. how is she eating? any luck yet?

I'm hoping that once it starts eating it will color up some. It has shown a little interest in some of the foods I've thrown at it so far. I put a tiny bit of each of these foods in the tank earlier:

-Hikari Marine-S pellets

-NLS small pellets

-Prime Reef flake

-Instant Ocean marine chips

-Instant Ocean omnivore gel

-Instant Ocean Cyclop-eeze gel

It went after some of the flake but spit it back out. But it appeared to eat a little bit of the gel cyclop-eeze. So I'll put that in first tomorrow when I feed again. I am going to get some frozen mysis and brine tomorrow as I'm out of both.

do you have any frozen cyclopeeze? I remember i used FD cyclopeeze to get my clowns to eat on the first day back when i got them. they didnt take much but any was better than nothing. FD cyclopeeze is terrible because most of it just floats, but that is a personal fault of mine because i cannot obtain any frozen type, otherwise i'd have that instead. If you can get the frozen stuff, it's really useful for times like this.

do you have any frozen cyclopeeze? I remember i used FD cyclopeeze to get my clowns to eat on the first day back when i got them. they didnt take much but any was better than nothing. FD cyclopeeze is terrible because most of it just floats, but that is a personal fault of mine because i cannot obtain any frozen type, otherwise i'd have that instead. If you can get the frozen stuff, it's really useful for times like this.

FD??

I don't have any frozen cyclopeeze at the moment. I'll see if I can find some here in town.

I'm encouraged by the interest the new goby showed in some of the food.

Picked up some frozen food today from Petsmart. Thankfully they had Hikari Mysis Shrimp. I also got some Marine Cuisine and Brine Shrimp. This fish will have no excuse not to eat. I literally have like 20 different foods now...

lol, sounds like she's eating flake which is great. what happened to the green birdsnest, i do not see it in there anymore?

I fed some mysis and the goby went crazy for it. So that's good news. The green birdsnest bit the dust. And I'm trying to nurse the other birdsnest back to life.

darn, but it seems like your non-bird SPS are doing great!

Yeah, they all seem to be doing fine. I haven't been dosing 2-part lately. So I haven't noticed a lot of growth. Which is fine though. As long as they continue to do well in this tank I'll be happy. Hopefully I'll have everything transferred over to the new tank in about a month.

Bought a strip of TrueLumen 453nm Actinic Blue LEDs for moonlight. Eventually I'll use them on the 10g but for now I've rigged them on my PAR38 to provide some moonlight to my pico... and it is PERFECT. I may leave them on 24/7 to add a little extra blue to my PAR38 (which is about 12K). Here's a video, pictures don't turn out well:

http://youtu.be/QIRbwQnJLIg?hd=1

Archived