Coral Vue Hydros

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been looking at getting a few lately now for some reason. Do they bother the coral at all.

They can bother coral but not seriously. They kind of crawl around everywhere though.

sweet pics man. are you still planning to move everything to a 10gal? i say you keep the pico this thing is awesome.

Yep, still planning on moving everything over to the 10g. The new tank should be here tomorrow.

Mr. Microscope

This tank is really looking nice!

Where is the Vortech installed? How are you liking it in the pico? Does it mess with your ATO?

Also, what's in the AC20?

This tank is really looking nice!

Where is the Vortech installed? How are you liking it in the pico? Does it mess with your ATO?

Also, what's in the AC20?

Thanks.

The Vortech is on the left side of the tank. It works fine in the pico turned all the way down. But in all honesty it is overkill for such a small tank. You really can't use it to its full potential. I'm looking forward to getting everything moved over to my 11g project so that I can play with the settings on the Vortech a little more. It doesn't mess with my ATO in any way.

Only thing in the AC20 is filter floss.

All the SPS seem to be doing fine except for the two pieces of birdsnest. I'm not sure what their deal is. Maybe just too much light.

thesmallerthebetter
Thanks.

The Vortech is on the left side of the tank. It works fine in the pico turned all the way down. But in all honesty it is overkill for such a small tank. You really can't use it to its full potential. I'm looking forward to getting everything moved over to my 11g project so that I can play with the settings on the Vortech a little more. It doesn't mess with my ATO in any way.

Only thing in the AC20 is filter floss.

All the SPS seem to be doing fine except for the two pieces of birdsnest. I'm not sure what their deal is. Maybe just too much light.

i just finished reading all 24 pages (stuck here at work waiting for the 250gal shark tank to drain out so i can move it 3 inches :/)

it seems to me that the birdsnest are pissed due to lighting.

i have had countless birdy frags in my pico career, and in all honesty, i dont think they are hardy at all....

ive had gorgeous frags bleach under freaking pcs when acros right next to them were thrilled with the lighting (in .5 gallons) i would try moving them to the sand, and out of the direct beam of the LEDs.

in my 1/4 gallon i am forced to keep my birds on the very bottom of the rock work or i get full blown tissue recession due to light. and thats only 3w of LEDs with no optics haha

i just finished reading all 24 pages (stuck here at work waiting for the 250gal shark tank to drain out so i can move it 3 inches :/)

it seems to me that the birdsnest are pissed due to lighting.

i have had countless birdy frags in my pico career, and in all honesty, i dont think they are hardy at all....

ive had gorgeous frags bleach under freaking pcs when acros right next to them were thrilled with the lighting (in .5 gallons) i would try moving them to the sand, and out of the direct beam of the LEDs.

in my 1/4 gallon i am forced to keep my birds on the very bottom of the rock work or i get full blown tissue recession due to light. and thats only 3w of LEDs with no optics haha

Ok, I'll move them and see what happens. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well crap. Just got home and I'm sitting here at my desk on the computer. The pico is to the left of my monitor. The light is currently off but something kept catching my eye occasionally. Turn on the light and what do you know, my goby is a goner. Its body was getting tossed around by the current of the MP10.

I give up on these fish. I just cannot seem to keep Yellow Clown Gobies alive.

:(

That sucks man. I have kept a few of these guys in the past and they're finicky eaters. Once you get them to eat though, they plump up fast. Good luck on your next fish whatever it may be.

this is the second clown in this tank? or in general?

unfortunate :( was he eating ok?

In over two years of reefing this is probably the 3rd YCG that I've tried to keep. It was the only one I had ever put in this tank. I thought it was eating ok. But I don't know for sure to be honest. I fed the tank regularly with a wide variety of different foods.

That sucks man. I have kept a few of these guys in the past and they're finicky eaters. Once you get them to eat though, they plump up fast. Good luck on your next fish whatever it may be.

Yeah, the other two I tried to keep would never eat anything. Very frustrating.

I think I'm done with fish for this pico. The damsel jumped out and now this goby dies. I'm still working on setting up my 11g Green Leaf tank. I plan to put a Percula clown in it for sure. Not sure if I'll put any other fish in it.

Archived