Cultivated Reef

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

Where did you get that rock? It's super purple!

I've had this rock since I began reefing back in January of '09. I got it from a fellow reefer when I setup my first tank. The guy had a 200+g setup that was amazing and he gave me this piece in particular to help me get coralline algae going. It's the only remaining piece from that original batch (it originally was one whole piece, but I broke it in two to fit into the pico). I hope to hold onto it for as long as possible.

On a side note... thinking about trading the Citron goby for a small B&W clown from a fellow reefer. Don't freak out though. The clown would be in the pico for like a month max until I finish setting up the new tank. The goby is cool and everything but I think I'd rather have the B&W clown in the new tank along with one other small fish (like a purple firefish).

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 fish, SPS, shrimp...idk imo its asking for disaster. you can try it and be diligent with water quality.

Who said anything about two fish??

I'm going trade the goby for a small black and white clown. Which will only be in the pico until I finish the new tank.

you said the black clown and purple firefish x_x

unless you meant the other tank. sorry, just sounded odd.

Yeah I meant in the new tank. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have the Clown Goby, Citrinis in the pico along with all 3 sexy shrimp. I ordered a CADLights 22g tank and as soon as it gets here I will begin setting it up. The contents of this pico will go into the CAD.

Petsmart recalled a bunch of them. Maybe you could take it back (you don't need a receipt) and get some cash for it?

The 25w isn't on the recall. However, the 100w that I just put in the pico IS part of the recall. Looks like I'll be heading out to PetSmart... :(

Ok, after drilling a few holes and a lot of swearing I moved the pico off of my desktop and temporarily onto the stand that the CAD will go on. And I've come to a conclusion: I absolutely hate this picotope. I cannot wait till my CAD arrives!

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

lol fail. what was the reason you liked it way back a few months ago again?

I thought it would be a fun project after breaking down and selling my Solana. But if I'm going to be maintaining a tank it may as well be a tank of decent size. Taking care of this pico isn't worth it IMHO.

That and there's more equipment than coral! HAHA I kid I kid!

Has the cadlight shipped yet? I am tired of waiting and it's not even mine!

Nope. Not shipped yet. :(

Archived