Innovative Marine Aquariums

got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Petsmart today and found the small bags of sand and they also have Koralia 1's. I don't think I am going to go with a 10g though. A 20L is not much more and it will have more water volume and I will probably go with a 20L sump. I do not have the $$ to completely setup the tank now, so it wouldn't be ready for the contest. Good luck with your tank!

haha half my thread is off topic :mellow: '

why can't u do the contest...all u need is the tank by tonight to take the pic of...the rest u can get later

My family just pulled the trigger on a 57 gallon upgrade :ninja:

I'm stoked.

I went to Petsmart today and found the small bags of sand and they also have Koralia 1's. I don't think I am going to go with a 10g though. A 20L is not much more and it will have more water volume and I will probably go with a 20L sump. I do not have the $$ to completely setup the tank now, so it wouldn't be ready for the contest. Good luck with your tank!

Awesome!! If ya need some help when u set up don't hesitate to PM me!! also don't buy the Koralia from Petsmart they mark it up way to high...like $47...they go on line for $24

My family just pulled the trigger on a 57 gallon upgrade :ninja:

I'm stoked.

I am stoked for u omgomgomg post a thread when it's up!!

Maria

IT"S ALIVE!! ALIVE!!! muhahahahahaha *cough* :lol:

P1010004-40.jpg

I only added 5lbs of sand...filled with 4g of water from my 29g and the rest fresh NSW.

Waiting for the water to heat up a bit for the rock :P

And boooo! went to hook up my HOB and it is missing a part that covers the impellar, I looked all over and can't find it <_< I have piles of fish crap haha so I am using the JBJ pico filter and just ordered another HOB from DFS. They don't sell that part and I heart.gif this filter with the surface skimmer.

edit- I think I will add the other 5lbs of sand....

Damsels R Cool
IT"S ALIVE!! ALIVE!!! muhahahahahaha *cough* :lol:

P1010004-40.jpg

I only added 5lbs of sand...filled with 4g of water from my 29g and the rest fresh NSW.

Waiting for the water to heat up a bit for the rock :P

And boooo! went to hook up my HOB and it is missing a part that covers the impellar, I looked all over and can't find it <_< I have piles of fish crap haha so I am using the JBJ pico filter and just ordered another HOB from DFS. They don't sell that part and I heart.gif this filter with the surface skimmer.

edit- I think I will add the other 5lbs of sand....

i think your the first to add water i'm adding water next week

I used a plate to add the water which is why this pic is semi-clear water...I just added the other 5lbs and I can't see shiz...I borrowed the HOB off of my 29g :mellow:

I had everything ready...and then the HOB crap happened lol oh well! see you plan and something always happens..the life of a reefer <_<

edit- next week!! wah happened?

I've got a supercomputer at the Corp. of Engineers doing the calculating on the exact juxtaposition of rock, corals, bottom substrate, water and equipment.

The potential energy is building up and will burst upon the scene tomorrow morning, if I'm lucky.

In other words, I have been measuring, cutting and gluing all day and this evening I'll be siliconing it all into place, so at least another day before I am ready for the rock. ;)

Don't you worry missy, it's coming along.

Your's looks great though. Reminds me of a scene in the Dry Tortuga's, a place with lots of "spur and groove" reef structures. Great fun to swim along them looking for stuff.

I've got a supercomputer at the Corp. of Engineers doing the calculating on the exact juxtaposition of rock, corals, bottom substrate, water and equipment.

The potential energy is building up and will burst upon the scene tomorrow morning, if I'm lucky.

In other words, I have been measuring, cutting and gluing all day and this evening I'll be siliconing it all into place, so at least another day before I am ready for the rock. ;)

Don't you worry missy, it's coming along.

Your's looks great though. Reminds me of a scene in the Dry Tortuga's, a place with lots of "spur and groove" reef structures. Great fun to swim along them looking for stuff.

I wanna swim in the Dry Tortugas :( someday....someday....

So it looks natural B) Thats good cause I don't want to add any more rock..just my macros, gargonias and other schtuffs :ninja:

I can't wait to see your tank!!

I haz rox!!

P1010002-50.jpg

P1010001-55.jpg

P1010006-40.jpg

It was nice and clear till I stuck my hands in there for the rocks... :mellow:

:happydance:

Good Lord, that's nice! I'll put a can of sardines in mine and call it a day....

How could you possibly get it that clear?

Good Lord, that's nice! I'll put a can of sardines in mine and call it a day....

How could you possibly get it that clear?

That little Drs Foster and Smith with the surface skimmer HOB and some filter floss works wonders!! I stand by it!! the first pic I took I used a plate and only 5 lbs of sand...then I decided I wanted more sand and added the other 5lbs :mellow: It was cloudy as heck till I took the next pix with the rocks like 4 hrs later B)

Thanks!! your tank is gonna be da bom!! no worries ;)

off 2 a great start! :) gud luck!

Thanks Adam!!

I have hitch hikers..I have 9 brown paly's and what looks to be a gargonia...it's the spikey thing sticking up on the rock :) Halimedia (sp?) macro and sponges and I am still looking :P

Archived