got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh oh... here we go!

The rest of you should drop out.

:lol:

Wow, sweet tank. Wish I could find one local.

I am sure u will very soon...ask your LFS about them if they carry Hagen schtuff

Okie doke will take some pix tonight when I get outta work...yes I stay logged on while I *coughworkcough*

I think they did an excellent job! nice rounded edges and the silicone is nice and neat not all jacked up like some of the standard tanks.

Nice Little tank !! Why don't you just tape on some different colors to see if u like them and then paint on the one u like use construction paper or something. Just a thought. I used to use old wrapping paper The ones on the rolls in solid colors. I have a nice dark blue on my 30gallon. Looks good To me good Luck with your new setup!!!

That looks really slick! What are your stocking plans?

OMG the ideas running thru my head lol I want to try Macros and a Florida biotope rather than a full blown reef set up like the last contest....ok now I gotta cutcha ya smiley-cutcha.gif

^black for sure...

black it is! ;)

Nice Little tank !! Why don't you just tape on some different colors to see if u like them and then paint on the one u like use construction paper or something. Just a thought. I used to use old wrapping paper The ones on the rolls in solid colors. I have a nice dark blue on my 30gallon. Looks good To me good Luck with your new setup!!!

Thanks wimby! I think I am gonna go black since the silicone is black :happy: Thanks for the great idea for future refrence!! I have done both and like both thats why it is hard for me to decide...maybe if I had white walls I would leave it unpainted...

OMG the ideas running thru my head lol I want to try Macros and a Florida biotope rather than a full blown reef set up like the last contest....ok now I gotta cutcha ya smiley-cutcha.gif

BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE CUT!!! I'll be good, I swear!

black it is! ;)

WOOHOO! Maria listened to me! Either that or she competely ignored my and listened to dirtwheelsfl <_< ... :haha:

So when (not if) you win the contest .0000001% of the credit goes to me for helping ;)

BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE CUT!!! I'll be good, I swear!

Ok I will put my cork screw away :P

WOOHOO! Maria listened to me! Either that or she competely ignored my and listened to dirtwheelsfl <_< ... :haha:

So when you whin the contest .0000001% of the credit goes to me for helping ;)

:flower: u got it!! .0000001% :lol:

edit - what do guys and gals think... Should I paint it? or leave it the way it is?

If I do paint what color blue or black?

If you want to win, paint it dark red. Cherry Red or Red Pepper are both available from Krylon Fusion. I'm not even kidding...

Militant Jurist

Black backgrounds rock! The blue background has too much of an "ocean box" look, compared with the black, which is a "look at the colors" look. ;)

If you do exotic colors the black is great, but for some colors the blue is nice. I think black could work assuming you're going for some crazy corals (seeing the 70w sunpod makes me think so).

Looking great so far! I love that tank. I wish they carried it in my area, that's less than I payed for my 10g setup.

Black backgrounds rock! The blue background has too much of an "ocean box" look, compared with the black, which is a "look at the colors" look. ;)

Thanks MJ :P I think I will go black since it is winning so far

If you do exotic colors the black is great, but for some colors the blue is nice. I think black could work assuming you're going for some crazy corals (seeing the 70w sunpod makes me think so).

Looking great so far! I love that tank. I wish they carried it in my area, that's less than I payed for my 10g setup.

Thanks! It was a really good price...I did not think twice...I almost for got to get my NSW...which is the reason I went there to begin with :lol:

I am sure they will have it available soon in your area.

edit- crazy corals? neva!!! omgomgomg

Looks excellent Maria any chance of a rim closeup? Curious how good of a job they did on it, i'm going to bug my LFS now.

Thanks DBT!!!

MGD here are the pix of the rim as promised...I used a lense to get close ups

The rim from the outside

P1010018-16.jpg

from the inside

P1010013-28.jpg

bottom trim

P1010023-18.jpg

P1010022-18.jpg

M

justkidding86

I've been tossing the idea around of painting the background green so as to trick the algae in thinking it has already grown and therefore it won't grow. :ninja:

I've been tossing the idea around of painting the background green so as to trick the algae in thinking it has already grown and therefore it won't grow. :ninja:

hahahaha I lol'ed

paint it purple so it looks like coralline :P

justkidding86

Yea but then there would be no coralline for the rest of the tank.

When I saw your post about the rimless 10g I remembered that my LFS had some and I thought the hood was stuck on there. I then had to know. I raced to the LFS and marched to their display and sure enough I ripped off the hood and yelled "AHA you cheeky bastards!" Needless to say I got some weird looks.

lol I know they should display it without the hood...but they don't know how sexy rimless is I guess :lol:

MGD- yep I think they did a good job on the edges...why go through all that trouble and then put a hood on it :huh:

The bottom is just a plastic trim to match the hood, looks reinforced all around and on the bottom I suppose to support the tank.

Thanks guys!!

Yea but then there would be no coralline for the rest of the tank.

When I saw your post about the rimless 10g I remembered that my LFS had some and I thought the hood was stuck on there. I then had to know. I raced to the LFS and marched to their display and sure enough I ripped off the hood and yelled "AHA you cheeky bastards!" Needless to say I got some weird looks.

hahaha you should have yelled out "SHENNANIGANZ!!!" :lol:

Thanks happyclam!!

Archived