got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made it with a moon lights shot last night :mellow:

P1010013-31.jpg

Here are some day pix :happy:

I dunno what this is but I found it at my LFS in the Carribean rock bin..it was $12 a pound so I got 3 nice pieces...2 are in my 125 for now till the macro tank go's to bigger and better things :ninja:

If anyone knows what it is lemme know

P1010003-44.jpg

P1010009-37.jpg

P1010008-32.jpg

FTS

P1010001-57.jpg

Thanks!!

Hey thanks roger! I knew I could count on you to know :)

do want some Oculina? or do u have already?

It's bleached on a few place from how they had it in the bin... <_<

but i can see polyps which is a good thing.

Ya musta read my mind! Don't worry too much about the bleached areas. Oculina is one of those unique corals that can take or leave zooxanthellae. Typically here, in the winter, it turns ivory white, then when it warms up turns back brown. What we have here is Oculina diffusa, so lke a true collector I'd love some of the robusta. Both can be gotten on the aquacultured rock from around Tampa. Cool find!

Oh, and your tank is looking great. Better in the daytime than at night! (referencing your monthly FTS :P )

the ric garden looks awesome!

i wish mine would grow like that but the emerald crab snacks on them late at night...

Thanks jarred!

catch the emerald! that's crazy lol

Ya musta read my mind! Don't worry too much about the bleached areas. Oculina is one of those unique corals that can take or leave zooxanthellae. Typically here, in the winter, it turns ivory white, then when it warms up turns back brown. What we have here is Oculina diffusa, so lke a true collector I'd love some of the robusta. Both can be gotten on the aquacultured rock from around Tampa. Cool find!

Oh, and your tank is looking great. Better in the daytime than at night! (referencing your monthly FTS :P )

Thanks!

That was a bad pic lol but I wanted to post for the rules :)

It is good to know that it will color back up, I fed my tanks phyto last night and they all had their polyps out :happy:

i fed Squishy some mysis too :lol:

So post up some good pics today!!!

Looks like that ruffly reddish Macro from organism is growing well for you.

I just recently redid my 'scape and put both organism Macros to points high on the aquascape, we'll see how they do.

So post up some good pics today!!!

Looks like that ruffly reddish Macro from organism is growing well for you.

I just recently redid my 'scape and put both organism Macros to points high on the aquascape, we'll see how they do.

It is growing great Wetie. I fragged it once already and will be fragging another piece off this week.

Both of organism's macrsos def love high light.

I will post some new pix on Friday :P

Nice update M. Your tank is looking HOT! Looks like you barely got those pics in just on time.

Thanks opy!

I really thought I would not make the deadline :lol:

you know those pics are sitll better than most of us can pull off. tank looks great.

Thanks bitts! :happy:

M

Awesome tank! Love the Oculina. I would ask for a frag of it for my university tanks (my adviser is a huge name in Caribbean corals), but I don't know if legally they could have it....

Awesome tank! Love the Oculina. I would ask for a frag of it for my university tanks (my adviser is a huge name in Caribbean corals), but I don't know if legally they could have it....

Why wouldn't they? I got it legally :happy: lemme know!!

Yardboy is getting his piece fo' sho'

New pix

Oculina Robusta up close and personal...yeah I was all up in it's kool aid

P1010028-21.jpg

P1010026-14.jpg

P1010014-33.jpg

Random pictarz

P1010018-18.jpg

P1010011-29.jpg

P1010002-56.jpg

P1010003-45.jpg

P1010010-36.jpg

P1010015-29.jpg

P1010004-44.jpg

P1010007-40.jpg

P1010008-33.jpg

P1010001-58.jpg

FTS

P1010029-15.jpg

Whew! :lol:

Yeah...I am over the budget omgomgomg

Thanks for looking!!

M

Tell me please, are there like Chinese population type numbers of pods in this tank?

Yes there are! :lol:

when I went fishless last month it was crawling with pods...they were so big that I was feeding them mini pellets and I could see them carry the pellets around with their front legs :mellow:

When I added "50" (RIP) they slowly disappeared, I would see him hunting for the pods...it was pretty cool.

love your tank, i'm a sucker for tanks with macro in it. :D

Thanks Duncan! so am I :D

Archived