Pod Your Reef

got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine still has a little bit of that blue irridescence, and it really is intense as the pic organism posted.

Most of mine is still just as brown as yours, though.

:( guess we will have to wait :P

I think we have the same red macro, the one with the little red bubbles in the first picture from yesterday. :D

red grape? I do like it ahlot :lol:

Thanks for stopping by my thread WL peeps ;)

:( guess we will have to wait :P

red grape? I do like it ahlot :lol:

Thanks for stopping by my thread WL peeps ;)

Liking this one a lot. Sorry about the grammas... That sucks.

Liking this one a lot. Sorry about the grammas... That sucks.

I know I was preety upset :( I hate seeing my fishies suffering.

I like the tank - those macros are pimp'n!

Thanks! a great compliment from the pimp of pimp'n tanks :P

That blue macro is going to be fantastic when it colors back up. Where in the world does that thing occur in the wild?

Tank is looking great too!

I can def see the blue a little now..supposed to get like this

915newmacro4.jpg

holy bleepedy bleep what is that wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on a compleatly diffreent topic do you have any advice for picking then caring for sponge. have always wanted some, tryed it once and nuked the tank. lost both of my clams and half of the lps. so, nervious to do it again. but upgreading and if its the first thing in, less danger. still scared that 6 months later it acts like a sea apple and goes boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way love the tank and thanks Maria.

jp

OMG I cant believe I completely missed the post about Gurgle and Nibbles. I am so sorry :tears: . Hopefully Gugle jr and Nibble jr will do you proud when you get them.

That blue macro is going to be fantastic when it colors back up. Where in the world does that thing occur in the wild?

Tank is looking great too!

Thanks Roger! I dunno :unsure: I got it from organism and he works at a place where he gets to select corals for a aquaculture place I think.... and he gets first dibs on the cool macros!

I hope mine colors up soon!

Wow I have'nt been on in a bit. The tank looks HOT!!! Really lovin all those macros in there. The rics are nice too LOL

Thanks wimby, went to my reef club holiday dinner and one of the guys surprised me with a nice sea whip and a purple gorgonia B)

Your tank looks nice, seems to be growing quick.. Can I ask what that red algae/coral is? The taller one.

the one in the middle? that is a red tree sponge...the other tall red one is red grape algae.

Thanks Eric!!

holy bleepedy bleep what is that wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on a compleatly diffreent topic do you have any advice for picking then caring for sponge. have always wanted some, tryed it once and nuked the tank. lost both of my clams and half of the lps. so, nervious to do it again. but upgreading and if its the first thing in, less danger. still scared that 6 months later it acts like a sea apple and goes boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way love the tank and thanks Maria.

jp

when picking a sponge make sure that it is intact, also make sure where you buy it from has not exposed it to air for a long period of time and not at all if possible.

I feed live phytoplankton a cap ful every other day.

I get it from a gal that gets it from a guy that makes it lol :mellow: I need to read up and see if I can start making some myself!

what kinda sponge was it?

OMG I cant believe I completely missed the post about Gurgle and Nibbles. I am so sorry :tears: . Hopefully Gugle jr and Nibble jr will do you proud when you get them.

I know :tears:

yes gurgle jr. and nibbles jr. will be ok I will make sure I get them from my LFS that I trust.

looks nice maria

Thanks DRC!!

and thanks for looking everyone!

will take pix of the new stuff this week!

I am running outta room quickly and the pods and snails are having way to much sechs in hurr.

Maria

when picking a sponge make sure that it is intact, also make sure where you buy it from has not exposed it to air for a long period of time and not at all if possible.

I feed live phytoplankton a cap ful every other day.

I get it from a gal that gets it from a guy that makes it lol :mellow: I need to read up and see if I can start making some myself!

what kinda sponge was it?

Maria

thanks for the reply maria, was standard issue blue incrusting sponge.

also very sorry to here about gurgle and nibbles.

as a side not nibbles was what I was going to name my next clown fish, its one of my brothers nic names.

edit not a pic of the sponge i had pic i found trying to safe the one that nuced my tank. the one I had was about the size of my fist bout 3x3x4. same color.

post-24770-1261499065_thumb.jpg

wow that sux :( I have a few bits of that sponge too, so purdy.

also when you pick a sponge make sure that there are no white spots or that the sponge itself is not falling apart...i guess that is common sense tho...I have seen some sponges that are toh up at the LFS and they are still for sale.

Well here is a pic just for you straight from the caribbean. His back is more purple in real life but for some reason came out blue in the pic.

IMG_0986.jpg

Thought of your contest tank when I saw this

IMG_0822.jpg

still trying to figure out what this is

IMG_1018.jpg

and just a random pic of somthing cool

IMG_1062.jpg

Now back to Marias tank... which looks awesome as usual! B)

Just a head shot would be impossible to tell, but agree with Maria here as it does look like a jawfish.

From wetwebmedia

"Opistognathids are all marine; western and central Atlantic, Indian and both coasts of the Pacific. There are three genera (Opistognathus, Lonchopishtus, Stalix) with about thirty nine described species and many others under study."

Archived