Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there enough room in the DFS Filter for a DIY refugium like the Aquaclear filters? This would be the best of both worlds with a refugium and skimming.

<_<

What other plans do you have for stocking? :)

maybe some more different colored sponges and a gorgonian :unsure:

Is there enough room in the DFS Filter for a DIY refugium like the Aquaclear filters? This would be the best of both worlds with a refugium and skimming.

I know the large one does...this one is pretty small inside, but ya could do it

Wow Looks amazing. I really like the tank..

Thanks wimby!

HAWT. Yes I said that.

for me? ya shouldn't have :P:flower:

Thanks guys and gals! I am happy u rikey so far ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

M

Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Happy T-day to you and Gurgle both. :happy::happydance:
GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving Maria!

I am so full :lol::happydance: I think I ate enough for a small tribe :mellow:

Thanks everyone!! I hope you guys and gals had a great holiday...now I get to look forward to people killing each other tomorrow at work :rolleyes: did I mention retail sux.

well i think you nailed the caribbean thing dead on.. wherd you get that rock from again?

Thanks! I really want to try and keep it looking caribbean :D

I got the rock at The Barrier Reef in Boca Raton ;)

M

I got the rock at The Barrier Reef in Boca Raton ;)

ewww barrier reef...the people were so unfriendly to me there...ive sworn never to go back there

but other than that i like the tank so far

ewww barrier reef...the people were so unfriendly to me there...ive sworn never to go back there

but other than that i like the tank so far

This is not the first time I have heard this :(

I have gotten crap service there myself, I'm not gonna lie lol but the fish selection is awesome and I deal with a few people that I go to for help...Pauline and John B)

I don't get why some LFS employees feel that they can treat customers like caca.

I once went in there and asked one of the ladies for help and she pointed to a blonde who then proceeded to tell me she was in the middle of a water change (with attitude) I then asked to speak with the Manager/supervisor and John very kindly helped me out....I purchased $80 worth of schtuff that night and I almost just walked out. The Manager was not there <_< So I suppose it is only certain employees that have poor customer service skills and the management/owner will never know unless people complain...I was mad because I recommend a lot of people to go there and many of my friends have bought large tanks and livestock because of me from them and not to mention allllll the stuff I have bought as well... tanks, fish, corals, water...but after going in so many times they kinda know me now :mellow:

So The Barrier Reef in Boca Raton if you read this...some of your employees need Customer Service help prz :flower:

looks great!

Thanks!!

THat place lost my business for two reasons. Price and crappy service! They act like are trash if you just want to look around. Well looking is part of the experience right? Then when you ask a question they act as if its out of their way to help you.

"Z"

THat place lost my business for two reasons. Price and crappy service! They act like are trash if you just want to look around. Well looking is part of the experience right? Then when you ask a question they act as if its out of their way to help you.

"Z"

Sorry to hear :( give them another try, I know that if you have a problem management would be more than happy to hear the problem...I will def let them know the next time I am in there of the complaints.

a lil' tidbit about the fairy basslet from Sea Life Inc. -

Royal Grammas, Gramma loreto, are also known as the fairy basselet. These are primarily imported from Haiti, and are one of the most popular and beautiful fish from the Caribbean. They thrive on most foods, are not aggressive towards other fish, and don't get real big. They do very well in reef tanks and will not bother corals and anemones. The average size is about 1.5". Unlike the grammas from Brazil, these can be kept together in aquaria and although they'll spar with each other, it is a non-lethal sparring. They are very easy to care for and will thrive on most common marine fish foods.

P1010007-38.jpg

P1010008-31.jpg

They eat everything I have given them...flake, pellets , live, frozen.

The macroalgae was "pearling" before the lights went out last night B)

......The macroalgae was "pearling" before the lights went out last night B)

What means this "pearling"?????

The Grammas are beautiful together. I see some polyp extension on the gorg now too!!!!

What means this "pearling"?????

The Grammas are beautiful together. I see some polyp extension on the gorg now too!!!!

lol I knew someone would ask :lol:

Pearling is when the 02 (oxygen) concentration in the plant tissue saturates and forms a bubble of gas which then floats to the surface...or photosynthesis :P

Thanks! they do look kewl together! and yeah that gorgs polyps extend like crazy every since I started feeding phyto!

Your tank is looking beautifull Maria! Glad to see Gurgle has a friend now :happy: .

Thanks! needs a name opy!

We all bow to your knowledge of all that is...........................

bow28.gif

:lol:

woo! I'm kinda schmartz

kneel suckaz! :P

more pics!!

Will do!

M

Tanks is amazing Maria! Love it. It does looks like doing snorkeling at a local beach here in PR :) Maybe to add some more Caribbean stuff you can try a Sun coral, feather dusters or cluster dusters are cute also, Emerald crab, green banded goby... There are a few cool stuff here to make a Caribbean biotope

Archived