Innovative Marine Aquariums

got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

well I could have stuck my finger in there and let him latch on, but I don't like to disturb stuff while snorkeling. That and I was scared to death of getting too close lol. It was about 2 inches across so it wasnt too small. Same with the octopus, it was rather large and I wanted to see it swim away but it wasnt going anywhere so I let it alone.

I think Maria needs one in her caribbean contest tank :haha:

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P1010040-9.jpg

i was just in the carabean and this looks like the stuff that was growing all over. it looked brown with a transperent blue tone when looked at from certain angles. i brought a couple diferent algeas home but none seem to want to grow in my tank.

tank looks great btw.

I've never been to the Carribean... but it sounds like you're doing an excellent job in making the tank authentic. In any event, I love the natural but still clean look. This is tank has really made me re-think macros. Keep the FTSs coming... I'm away from my tank for the holidays and I need to view vicariously (not that mine's anywhere near as beautiful as yours!!!)!

well I could have stuck my finger in there and let him latch on, but I don't like to disturb stuff while snorkeling. That and I was scared to death of getting too close lol. It was about 2 inches across so it wasnt too small. Same with the octopus, it was rather large and I wanted to see it swim away but it wasnt going anywhere so I let it alone.

I think Maria needs one in her caribbean contest tank :haha:

Ha! they are cool! but I likes my grammas :P I was actually thinking dwarf sea horses but I sea that I have hydroids -_-

Thanks! wow...they want you to buy $49.99 before it's free shipping in FL. :mellow:

It's about 40 minutes from where I live lol very cool looking fishy!

i was just in the carabean and this looks like the stuff that was growing all over. it looked brown with a transperent blue tone when looked at from certain angles. i brought a couple diferent algeas home but none seem to want to grow in my tank.

tank looks great btw.

I dunno where the rock that organism picked this off of was from but I had to have me some! haha

I feed the tank pellets even tho I have no fish to keep the nitrates up, I also dose live phyto every other day along with dosing 2 part every other day. I do 10% water changes every week with NSW ... HTH

I've never been to the Carribean... but it sounds like you're doing an excellent job in making the tank authentic. In any event, I love the natural but still clean look. This is tank has really made me re-think macros. Keep the FTSs coming... I'm away from my tank for the holidays and I need to view vicariously (not that mine's anywhere near as beautiful as yours!!!)!

Thanks! sux being away from your tank...all I do is worry and call the hubby like 30 times :lol:

Got2Envy,

Did you ever get the gorgonia?

yes I got a gorgonia and a sea whip (dark purple w/ white polys) i dunno if the whip is photosyntehtic or not...maybe someone can help, my friend from my club gave it to me as his Tomini tang was making a snack out of it....I cut some of the dead ares off

P1010017-25.jpg

P1010018.jpg

more pix

P1010010-35.jpg

P1010022-20.jpg

P1010024-20.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Merry Christmas Maria!

That first pic, of skinny stalked gorgonian, let it polyp out. If white, it's non-photo and likely difficult to raise. Others are looking great. not sure if you want any gorgs I want except rusty. That might be a good addition.

I see you have a good crop of Asternia. I have a few very dark ones in my contest tank. I've never had problems that I've heard others have.

Merry Christmas Maria!

That first pic, of skinny stalked gorgonian, let it polyp out. If white, it's non-photo and likely difficult to raise. Others are looking great. not sure if you want any gorgs I want except rusty. That might be a good addition.

I see you have a good crop of Asternia. I have a few very dark ones in my contest tank. I've never had problems that I've heard others have.

yep it is white polyped

wow this tank is beautiful...

:o i is kinda really jealous..

Thank You! ;)

Let me know when you prune some of those macro's and need to get rid of it! I can come pick it up

Especially some of that C. prolifera!

Will do! It won't be long lol :lol:

MERRYCHRISTMAS NANO-REEF!!!!!!!!

Maria

Wow, Maria!

I haven't checked this thread in a while, and the tank looks amazing! No surprise, all of your tanks are beautiful, but this is just wow! B)

Merry Christmas,

~Anne

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Thanks Kim!!! Hope Santa brought ya some nice goodies

:D

Wow, Maria!

I haven't checked this thread in a while, and the tank looks amazing! No surprise, all of your tanks are beautiful, but this is just wow! B)

Merry Christmas,

~Anne

Thanks Anne! Wow! what a great compliment :happy: Hope your Christmas was a merry one!

I am seriously running outta room! It will be no time before I trim...especially the prolifera and green grape :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very natural looking tank Maria. I hope it can take hold well and establish nicley, it would mature into a very beautiful display!

Oh, and I bought the same tank as you, sorry!

No worries ;) How do u like the tank? I think it's very well put together.

I will update this weekend. The racemosa is growing the fastest along with the prolifera.

Maria,

Liveaquaria has some information on the purple Sea Whip. "This gorgonian is photosynthetic and requires a moderate amount of light, but also should be offered zooplankton and other foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates. It also requires a stronger water flow and the addition of iodine, calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water."

Hope that helps.

ReeferChick85

Hey Maria!! Happy New Year girl! I just checked out your thread since I haven't seen it since my last post on the other forum and I was just cruising around here and came across the 10g contest and saw you!! :) Your tank is looking sweet as usual and is definitely a beauty!! I love everything about it!! Hope all is well with u out in your neck of the woods! ttyl..... :)

Archived