ReefCleaners.org

got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

Very nice tank!

I was reading a few pages back and do not put a emerald crab in there. They will go right after the red grape algae you have, I put some of it in a tank with an emerald and within 30 seconds of putting it in the tank the emerald was climbing out of the rocks, crawling across the sand, and trying to eat it all.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maria,

Liveaquaria has some information on the purple Sea Whip. "This gorgonian is photosynthetic and requires a moderate amount of light, but also should be offered zooplankton and other foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates. It also requires a stronger water flow and the addition of iodine, calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water."

Hope that helps.

Wow! thanks zemuss :happy: I feed live phyto that I get from a friend that knows a guy that makes it lol

I have yet to find this tank anywhere near me or online :[

Well that just blows :angry: I wonder when these will become more readily available...did you ask you LFS to if they will carry them?

Hey Maria!! Happy New Year girl! I just checked out your thread since I haven't seen it since my last post on the other forum and I was just cruising around here and came across the 10g contest and saw you!! :) Your tank is looking sweet as usual and is definitely a beauty!! I love everything about it!! Hope all is well with u out in your neck of the woods! ttyl..... :)

Hey! Happy New Year Kat!!!! omgomgomg

I am so glad you found my thread!! now you need to pos dat AP24 that is the shiz!!

everything is great here, hope all is well with u too.

;)

Very Nice Maria :wub:

Sal

Hey Sal! thanks for stopping by!

Thanks!

What is that white square thing on the right side of tank glass?

The mag-float algae cleaner for the glass ? :unsure:

Very nice tank!

I was reading a few pages back and do not put a emerald crab in there. They will go right after the red grape algae you have, I put some of it in a tank with an emerald and within 30 seconds of putting it in the tank the emerald was climbing out of the rocks, crawling across the sand, and trying to eat it all.

Thanks will do! my astrea snails are already putting a dent in some of the red algae and the racemosa is out competing some of the others :mellow: and I thing my red tree sponge is a gonner as well

P1010051-9.jpg

Here is my updated FTS and pix for 1-15-09...I will be working all week and will not have time to update on the15th so here it is :P

P1010014.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010012.jpg

and organism's macro is doing great!!

P1010009-34.jpg

I even have some growing on my Koralia lol

P1010007-1.jpg

The Racemosa (green grape algae) is def dominating

P1010004-43.jpg

P1010019-20.jpg

FTS

P1010002-53.jpg

still no fish till February. I actually like the low maintenance with no fish :mellow:

Thanks for looking!

This is the most natural looking tank I've seen. Most of them get you with lots of bright colors but they just look fake or staged. This one is like you are actually there. Great job!

Nice tank, who needs fish, lol.

:lol: Troof! I want to def go to a bigger tank with the macros when the contest is over and do seahorses, so I may just leave it fallow or get just one fishy.

I like the grape algae! I'll definitely contact you for some for my school.

Let me know when you are ready! I will hook you up ;)

This is the most natural looking tank I've seen. Most of them get you with lots of bright colors but they just look fake or staged. This one is like you are actually there. Great job!

Thanks opy! it looks a lil' cloudy cause I just did a WC and blew the rocks off, I added a small minijet 50 to help keep the detrius suspended more. The natural look is my goal!

Hey Maria want a Kenya Frag? It fell off the Kenya I have and i just put it up on a plug.

Where did you get all the macros? And does your "friend" sell the phyto? I am tired of paying 15 dollars for it.

"Z"

just spent the last 30 min going from post #1 to here.

your tank is B-E-A-U-T-Yful!!!

and i love the rimless Hagen tank. it's sweet!

glad it made it's way into the hands of such a talented reefer.

i have been anxiously awaiting their appearance on US soils. Hagen has a full line of rimless, black silicone tanks available to our cousins to the north (Canada). but sadly not for us :angry:

anybody has had any luck finding these locally???

hopin' i can get lucky here in Houston.

again... very nice.

all the best!

cheers...

Hey Maria want a Kenya Frag? It fell off the Kenya I have and i just put it up on a plug.

Where did you get all the macros? And does your "friend" sell the phyto? I am tired of paying 15 dollars for it.

"Z"

I get it from a lady that gets it from a guy...$10 for a small bottle and $20 for the larger. I am not sure how big his buisness is but I can find out. :)

as for the Kenya thanks but I have plenty haha :happy:

just spent the last 30 min going from post #1 to here.

your tank is B-E-A-U-T-Yful!!!

and i love the rimless Hagen tank. it's sweet!

glad it made it's way into the hands of such a talented reefer.

i have been anxiously awaiting their appearance on US soils. Hagen has a full line of rimless, black silicone tanks available to our cousins to the north (Canada). but sadly not for us :angry:

anybody has had any luck finding these locally???

hopin' i can get lucky here in Houston.

again... very nice.

all the best!

cheers...

Thanks!!

I wish I knew when these tanks would be more readily available :mellow: best bet would be to ask your LFS if they can carry them. Hagen is pretty picky about their vendors I heard.

tank is really looking great. your organism macro is started to look pretty blue.

Woo! it def seems to be getting a nicer blue...especially the one growing on the Koralia, maybe cause it is closer to the light...hmmmm

Thanks for looking guys and gals!!!

Maria

So I gotz hooked up by yardboy! He so kindly sent me 4 beautiful corals for...FREE :o

talk about pay it forward :) I am a happy reefer chick.

So any hoo he sent me for the contest tank ~

Lesser star coral

Porites porites

Rusty gorgonian

Maroon anemone

I will post pix tomorrow omgomgomg

Thanks again Roger!!! :flower::grouphug:

~ Maria

You are so welcome Maria. Heck, us "Caribbean biotope" people got to help each other!

I can't wait to see them in your tank.

Update on the corals:

Starlet coral - Siderastrea radians - fragged off a colony I got when I spotted it on an Astrea snail at the lfs!

Porites porites - common in seagrass beds, usually unattached. I bought it off Ebay from aquacultured rock

Rusty gorgonian - Muricea sp. - I've had the mother colony for 6 years. Have to keep it pruned.

Maroon anemone - Actinia bermudensis - collect these at the jetties. They can move, but I've never seen them sting. They like krill :D

Well woke up this mornin' to look at the ol' contest tank and my new little nem from Roger was in the middle of my ricordias...I guess he decided to move this morning :( so I pulled his little slimed balled up self and helped him attach to a small piece of rubble...he is still sticky which is a good sign :) he was so beautifully extended last night too before I went to bed.

I shall call him Squishy :lol:

Okie doke here are some quick pix...who am I kidding all of my pix are quick pix :lol:

P1010007-39.jpg

P1010003-43.jpg

P1010016-25.jpg

and squishy :( I will give it lots of TLC

P1010009-35.jpg

I really appreciate Rogers gifts from his famous jetties nano :D

I shall call him Squishy :lol:

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come here,

Squishy. Come here, little Squishy.

I LOVE that movie! :happy:

haha me too! and no that movie is not why I started reefing...maybe :unsure:

I think Squishy will pull through fingerscrossed

Well that movie IS one of the reasons I did :lol: .

Oh yea, I read over in WL you are going to the Orlando Star Wars thing. I was in Disney World during one of the Star Tours events when they had Boba Fett (Jeremy Bulloch) and Warwick Davis. It was cool seeing all kinds of Star Wars character walking around lol. Although the Han Solo and Luke were not very convincing, Princess Leia was hot :happy: .

here's me being attacked

DCP02023.jpg

and here's my wife finding a new guy after the attack. (personaly I think she set the hole attack up for the insurnce money) She's holding my autographed Boba Fett

DCP02054.jpg

Archived