Pod Your Reef

got2envy's Rimless 10g...The Caribbean Queen

got2envy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Looks like u guys had lots of fun!

I got my secret Weeties Lounge frag swap corals from needreefunds the pimp daddy of NR :P

All kinds off goodies!! :bowdown:

I will post pix tomorrow, everything opened up nicely and the last I looked Squishy was doing much better.

:lol:

Looks like u guys had lots of fun!

Tons! :happy:

I got my secret Weeties Lounge frag swap corals from needreefunds the pimp daddy of NR :P

All kinds off goodies!! :bowdown:

I will post pix tomorrow, everything opened up nicely and the last I looked Squishy was doing much better.

Awesome! Cant wait for pics.

Those little guys are quite tough Maria. I've never lost one, though the y sometimes disappear for a while. They are not locked into a brightly lit situation, not being photosynthetic. I've found that with regular feedings they don't roam. Figuring that where they are must be a good spot if food is going by!

Well this morning before I left for work Squishy was on the front glass and some pods were hangin' around him...I took a close look to see if they were eating him but they were not :huh: they were just hangin' :mellow:

Thanks for the encouraging words Roger! I do hope that it picks a spot were I can see him :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new fishy omgomgomg I saw him and had to have him...it is an orangeback basslet. I have never seen one for sale but for $10....he was 50%off :P I am gonna call him "50" cinco zero lol

They are a Carribean basslet that are usually pretty reclusive and found in deeper waters.

P1010050-13.jpg

P1010052-12.jpg

P1010054-9.jpg

and some random pix

P1010058-6.jpg

P1010057-4.jpg

a new algae...looks like lettuce lol I got a whole bunch for $6

P1010064-6.jpg

P1010049-16.jpg

so sumptin' weird happened...my green grape algae disappeared...at least most of it from one day to the next...it was there thiving and outgrowing everything then :wizard: *POOF* it was gone :huh:

at least most of it...

Nice fish! sorry bout the algae. It was so cool.

yeah it was weird...I still see some here and there but def not taking over like it was...I can get more but I think I would rather have the red grape instead...maybe if I get a bigger tank hmmmmm :mellow:

yeah it was weird...I still see some here and there but def not taking over like it was...I can get more but I think I would rather have the red grape instead...maybe if I get a bigger tank hmmmmm :mellow:

I think the tank looks better without it. Besides, stuff goes viral at an alarming rate. Awesome tank though and I love the basslet! He's pretty awesome.

I know that stuff is def a weed...I was worried it would out compete my other macros and then it just disappeared lolz

Oh well! more room for other macros :lol:

I think 50 is pretty cool too ;)

Very nice new fishy!!!

I thought you alrdy had some Red Grape for some reason.

Mebbe I can get you some when it grows out some more, I just sent a bunch out to ppl.

How are your Macros from Organism doing?

Have they colored up at all?

Seeing any growth?

The Lettucey one is growing well for me, but is still a speckledy reddish color. Looks really neat though, I like it.

The Electric Blue one that browned during shipping still only has a little blue irridescence but seems to be growing just a little bit recently.

Thanks Weetie!

The blue macro seems to color up closer to the light...I have some growing on the Koralia and you can def see the blue. The one I placed in the middle is growing great, but has not really colored up blue...It grows in a scroll pattern.

The red speckled one has grown huge. I have sent a frag of both to Richie :)

I had the red grape but the green grape started out competing everything and I only have a sprig left lol

also need to get some more prolifera -_-

That has to be one of the coolest fish I've seen... at least in a tank lol. Your tank is making me wanna go back to the caribbean. Does Cozumel count? I will be there snorkeling in 2 weeks from today omgomgomg . Need anything while I'm in the water?

this tank has such great stocking ideas/combinations. i've definitely been watching it as a noob. ;) and it looks like that purple sponge is still doing well.

Archived