ReefCleaners.org

Clownfish14's Nano Cube HQI

clownfish14

Lol i do i do. Same here :P Im looking to pick up some acans for my tank, but the lfs only sells colonys. They wanted 200 bucks for a colony of acans once :o

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good! You actually got quite a deal if you came out with all of that for $80. :o

ya it was a sweet deal the jawfish was 20 and the goby was 6 :o lol

Lol i do i do. Same here :P Im looking to pick up some acans for my tank, but the lfs only sells colonys. They wanted 200 bucks for a colony of acans once :o

oh my :o thats crazy i got mine from a guy named paul he runs a frag shop out of his house it amazing how low his prices are here is the link http://www.fantasticfrags.com/Fantastic_Frags/Home.html check him out he is great.

Militant Jurist

Nice! Around here, the firefish would be $20 or $30, the mag float would be $20 or so, the K2 about $40, and the jawfish $30 or $40. So all told, it would be between $110 and $130 around here, and that's at the LFS I like. At the other place in town, it would have been $150 easy, and the fish would probably have ick from that place. -_- Needless to say, I refuse to shop there.

Nice! Around here, the firefish would be $20 or $30, the mag float would be $20 or so, the K2 about $40, and the jawfish $30 or $40. So all told, it would be between $110 and $130 around here, and that's at the LFS I like. At the other place in town, it would have been $150 easy, and the fish would probably have ick from that place. -_- Needless to say, I refuse to shop there.

wow i got a better deal than i thought :D all of my lfs around here are ok but there is one that i would not buy at and like you said all of there fish most likley have ich :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: poor fish

oh my :o thats crazy i got mine from a guy named paul he runs a frag shop out of his house it amazing how low his prices are here is the link http://www.fantasticfrags.com/Fantastic_Frags/Home.html check him out he is great.

Those corals are gorgeous. I love LPS. I would order some in a heartbeat but i live in canada. :(

How deep is your sand? The norm is 4+ " for jawfish. If it's not that thick, you might try to add a PVC burrow for him.

the sand bed is about 2 inches but he made his burrow under the rock and when i look he hasent even hit the bottom yet so i think hes ok thanks for the info though. BTW do you have the link to that one thread that talks about making those pvc burrows for the jawfish?

thanks,

clownfish14

I love the rock work!! Love how you made the little cave.

thanks i love the cave to lol the only problem with it is that no light gets to it so i cant put any corals there. :(

Those corals are gorgeous. I love LPS. I would order some in a heartbeat but i live in canada. :(

ya they are great lol can you even get shippments from the US?

Thats ok with ur sandbed, but jawfish prefer there burrows to be in the open, and will burrow under the rock if there minimal sand, but im sure it will be fine just might wanna throw some more sand in there some day, or do the pvc home.

No i cant get shipmnets, they might get held at border and things would die.

Thats ok with ur sandbed, but jawfish prefer there burrows to be in the open, and will burrow under the rock if there minimal sand, but im sure it will be fine just might wanna throw some more sand in there some day, or do the pvc home.

No i cant get shipmnets, they might get held at border and things would die.

ok i will look into the pvc homes do you have the link? that sucks about the whole border thing.

Livestock Updates

here are some livestock updates so that you can see them up close lol hope you like them :D

clownfish (killer)

DSC_0070.jpg

fire goby (spark)

DSC_0084.jpg

acan

DSC_0085.jpg

jawfish (JAWS) *cue the music* lol

DSC_0110.jpg

chromis (spaz)

DSC_0113.jpg

hoped you liked them :D

thanks

clownfish14

Sweet. I want a jawfish now :P maybe ill build a pvc structure and look into getting one..

ya they are fun

Looking good! Hopefully your acan grows as fast as mine has! :happy:

ya i cant wait for it to get bigger how fast does yours grow? let see a pic of it

Militant Jurist
ya they are fun

ya i cant wait for it to get bigger how fast does yours grow? let see a pic of it

Here's when I got it, January 2009:

100_0686.jpg

Most recent close-up picture:

100_0842.jpg

Here's when I got it, January 2009:

100_0686.jpg

Most recent close-up picture:

100_0842.jpg

wow amazing that acan grows fast lol how often do you spot feed it. also what other types of corals do you like that are a good begginer coral? i dont know what type to get to many choices lol :D

Militant Jurist

That's growth. When it's along the leading edge of an SPS, it's generally growth. It's when you've got whitening in the middle that you've got problems.

That's growth. When it's along the leading edge of an SPS, it's generally growth. It's when you've got whitening in the middle that you've got problems.

oh ok lol :P

Militant Jurist
oh ok lol :P

Yup, it's all good. Actually, white along the leading edge is a very good thing. If something like a monti doesn't have any white, it mean it's not growing. :mellow: Or at least not very fast.

Yup, it's all good. Actually, white along the leading edge is a very good thing. If something like a monti doesn't have any white, it mean it's not growing. :mellow: Or at least not very fast.

:D just a quick question what coral would you recomend for me next? :huh:

Archived