inTank Media Baskets

Clownfish14's Nano Cube HQI

clownfish14

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheryl jordan
ok cool thanks but i still need help getting him out any ideas?

thanks,

clownfish14

I am glad you decided to take the anemone back. Now the problem, you have to be very careful when removing an anemone with it 's pedal disk in rock hole. You can try moving the rock to a higher area of flow, current, and see if the anemone becomes irritated and moves, not so high that it hurts the anemone. Once your anemone is on the move make sure he doesn't get into a power head. Secondly if you gently rub the very bottom of the anemone it will eventully come loose, this often takes awhile and again you have to make sure you do not tear the pedal disk, foot. If your anemone moves to the glass take a credit card and carefully and slowly insert between the anemone and glass. Before you get the frog spawn please research it and its requiremnets. Good luck and patience. :D

thank you i will try to get him off. yes i know i have to do lots of reserch and i plan on doing that. but for now i am going to wait until i figure out my algae problem.

Hey guys well yesterday i went to my tank to take out my seabe and i found him all shrunk up and not connected to the rock i knew that that was not a good sign so i waited like an hour and did some research on what they look like when they are dead and i got three main things to look for to tell if they are dead they are small and shrunk, not connected to the rock, and mouth wide open. When i looked at mine it had all three of thoes things happening to him so i took him out and got rid of him :tears: :tears: :tears:

thanks,

clownfish14

Slow down bud. You've got "new tank syndrome" all over you. Wouldn't recommend you get an anemone after your tank has matured; the usual maturity number I see people spit out is 6 months. The sebae you tossed out may have still been alive too. Deflated and floating around are pretty bad signs, but they're notorious for smelling terrible when they die.

As for fish choice, personally I wouldn't waste valuable nano space on blue/green chromis. They're a schooling fish, and I see you have two, but that's just space being wasted on fish that aren't very interesting to watch. For a 24g Nanocube you could probably get 3-4 fish.

Don't impulse buy. To this day I still make that mistake...

dude i read through your entire thread.... donate (save) your clown and chromis....unplug your tank... open up a few books, and READ!!! use this site and others and research!!! and exercise common sense... :rant:

I am a noob myself, so I share in the excitement of a new tank...but when at the end of your posts you put 'LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK', or 'I STILL NEED HELP WITH THIS' you're simply showing you either lack patience, common sense, knowledge, the ability to research and read, or are just terribly lazy... maybe even all of the above.. you killed an anenome and a fish...thats messed up.. :tears:

At the end of the day it is your tank and your money, but coming from a noob, take it easy and slow down a bit.. they say only bad things happen fast in this hobby..and you totally proved that right... omgomgomg

I'll admit that I sorta just impulsively bought my tank to cure an itch to spend through my endless money :bling: , but it took almost a month to just leak test it, another week to drain it, and a week after that before i put in my sand, LR and saltwater, and roughly 12 days before I even thought about live stuff, i still only have my CUC in there...this site is a gold mine for information, but posts should be used when you've exhausted all search efforts... IMO... furthermore dont ask for help and then criticize those who offer advice...thats a total oxymoron...

ALSO, your LFS sold the crap outta you :slap: ... not only did they make money, they got you comin back to spend more based upon the fact that they are telling you what you want to hear, not what is in the best interest for the stuff they sell you...they did exactly what salespeople do...i know...i sell stuff for a living...

I am not against making money, and would hustle someone like you too, so i gotta play both sides of the fence.. an ill knowledged customer will buy whatever i tell them is best... a well knowledged buyer will walk away, research, and then return to make the purchase, if it is in fact the right item at the right time..

BTW I like the aquascape... just slow down, take your time...rome wasnt built in a day, and you dont run before you walk...good luck with your tank ;) BTW im gonna follow your thread so i dont make any mistakes you make :happydance:

Truth hurts, I made a bazillion mistakes. Whenever I thought I did enough research, I learned I didn't. This is all too familiar. I cycled with fish on my first freshwater aquarium, had the tank going for about a year, made mistakes, lost 3 fish, but was never quite happy with it.

Lessons learned, I took apart my 10g FW, and setup a 24g SW. Took it "slow" but still made a good amount of mistakes. Things like a roaming RBTA in a tank with LPS don't mix well, I overstocked, then neglected the tank when I moved out.

Third time's a charm, right? Well, it is mostly, but I already made the mistake by picking up a Catalina goby. I remember seeing them on e-tailers, but it never occurred to me that there may be a coldwater species of fish. DAMMIT!

Lessons learned, I took apart my 10g FW, and setup a 24g SW. Took it "slow" but still made a good amount of mistakes. Things like a roaming RBTA in a tank with LPS don't mix well, I overstocked, then neglected the tank when I moved out.

Third time's a charm, right? Well, it is mostly, but I already made the mistake by picking up a Catalina goby. I remember seeing them on e-tailers, but it never occurred to me that there may be a coldwater species of fish. DAMMIT!

LOL...dude thats like greek to me right now..lemme get out a translator..

Yeah this hobby is def. a learning experience...especially for someone like me who races mountain bikes and jumps out of airplanes..patience has never been my strong point, but all be dammmed if this isnt helping me learn...and along the way im learning about marine life..I always had a thing for the ocean..Im visiting the bahamas next year...

LOL...dude thats like greek to me right now..lemme get out a translator..

Yeah this hobby is def. a learning experience...especially for someone like me who races mountain bikes and jumps out of airplanes..patience has never been my strong point, but all be dammmed if this isnt helping me learn...and along the way im learning about marine life..I always had a thing for the ocean..Im visiting the bahamas next year...

Hahaha, oh right. Sorry about the acronyms. Translation:

Lessons learned, I took apart my 10g FreshWater and setup a 24g SaltWater. Took it "slow" but still made a good amount of mistakes. Things like a roaming Rose Bubble Tentacle Anemone in a tank with Large Polyp Stony corals don't mix well (anemones would split, split, split, then sting everything), I overstocked, then neglected the tank when I moved out.

uuh you added an anemone during a cycle?

Yeah, I face palmed so hard my hand smacked the back of my skull.

hahah! thanks but i was being a bit sarcastic about the greek part :D thanks for clarifying tho.. and hahahahah hit the back of your skull genius!!

I took clownfishes advice and went and purchased 2 BTA's 2 pairs of clowns, and just for the heck of it, a sebae as well...can you say 'battle royal!!!' ahha jk jk

i didnt do any of the above ;)

wow that was a lot of correct info i know i should have not done that and i am planning on taking it slow that seabae loss put me throught to much hurt thinking i just killed a living creature. im sorry for all the trouble i have put you guys through and now i am planing on doing my reaserch before just posting the question.

well off topic i have good news my cuc is finally catching up to the algae and the rocks are looking great. i know that i need to wait longer so no need to tell me that i still need to take it slow.

thanks,

clownfish14

Mr. Microscope

Awesome scaping! Love the rock shapes. What kind of corals were you planning?

Sorry to hear about your chromis and nem. I really like clownfish. I wish my tank were big enough to house a pair or even one.

BTW, you may not want to get a torch or frogspawn. I've read that these tend to be very aggressive towards other corals.

Good luck!

Awesome scaping! Love the rock shapes. What kind of corals were you planning?

Sorry to hear about your chromis and nem. I really like clownfish. I wish my tank were big enough to house a pair or even one.

BTW, you may not want to get a torch or frogspawn. I've read that these tend to be very aggressive towards other corals.

Good luck!

thanks for the info about the frogspawn and torch that is what i read to. i was thinking some zoas and pom pom xenia i still have to alot of reading on them though and i am also taking into consideration that the pom pom spreads quickly. so i still dont know exactly what i am going to do but for now i am just letting my CuC take care of my algae.

thanks,

clownfish14

well i have been doing lots of reading on diffrent types of zoas and xenia and they are both cool corals. so i just wanted to know your diffrent views of them and your likes and dislikes.

thanks,

clownfish14

well i have been doing lots of reading on diffrent types of zoas and xenia and they are both cool corals. so i just wanted to know your diffrent views of them and your likes and dislikes.

thanks,

clownfish14

i just bought my first couple zoa frags and am waiting for them to arrive... my advice, go with what you like and not what everyone else will say to put in your tank...on the otherhand, dont put something in that you arent ready for... simple as that... its your tank, your design, and ultimately your decision...find some stuff you like, then ask what we think... :)

i just bought my first couple zoa frags and am waiting for them to arrive... my advice, go with what you like and not what everyone else will say to put in your tank...on the otherhand, dont put something in that you arent ready for... simple as that... its your tank, your design, and ultimately your decision...find some stuff you like, then ask what we think... :)

that sounds good to me im going to my local frag store (where all they sell is frags) just to see what they have that i like them im going to narrow it down to 2 of them and do some reading then get the one that wins.

:o that sounds like alot of fun yay yay yay yay lol

-clownfish14

ok i have looked this up and read about it but what do you guys think i should be looking for as a good coral for me what do you like for a starter coral.

that sounds good to me im going to my local frag store (where all they sell is frags) just to see what they have that i like them im going to narrow it down to 2 of them and do some reading then get the one that wins.

:o that sounds like alot of fun yay yay yay yay lol

-clownfish14

IMO, reading about zoas/palys in general will suffice... i hear they arent too hard to keep... have fun...i wish i had a frag store in this city... which being a business man, is actually starting to get into my mind....hmmmm

IMO, reading about zoas/palys in general will suffice... i hear they arent too hard to keep... have fun...i wish i had a frag store in this city... which being a business man, is actually starting to get into my mind....hmmmm

ya thats what i have been reading to. the frag store out here is run out of a guys house. :huh: more ideas :huh:

ps your shark needs a santa hat

ok so these are the ones i like im trying to narrow it down which do you like the best

Pocillopora

Pink Lemonade Pocillopora

Acan

Peppermint Acan

Pink Acan

Rainbow Acan

Minty mouthwash Acan

Zoanthids

Happy Samhain Zoas

Strawberry Lime Zoas

Green Rastas

let me know i like all the acan and the pink lemonade the best

thanks,

clownfish14

ok so these are the ones i like im trying to narrow it down which do you like the best

Pocillopora

Pink Lemonade Pocillopora

Acan

Peppermint Acan

Pink Acan

Rainbow Acan

Minty mouthwash Acan

Zoanthids

Happy Samhain Zoas

Strawberry Lime Zoas

Green Rastas

let me know i like all the acan and the pink lemonade the best